Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
I7-3960X
Graphics
GTX 780
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How's it going everyone?! I would like to know how I can this laptop up in running as best as possible. I followed Rehabs early reboot guide since this is a Haswell laptop with the 4700mq, and have managed to boot in and use it but I have some problems. Wifi not working, trackpad not working, no sound, and a kernel panic about bluetooth transport. Any help would be appreciated! Here is a link to the specs of the laptop: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/satellite/S50/S55-A5257

I believe the wifi card is a Realtek RTL8188EE

EDIT: I managed to fix the Bluetooth problem after following another guide but I need to boot with maxmem=4096. I have 8gb of RAM. Also sound, track pad, volume keys and FN keys not working, and the graphics are very choppy. Also all other problems not mentioned to be fixed are still present that I mentioned earlier.

EDIT 2: Track pad now almost 100% functional but it works. No gestures and track pad not found in System Settings.

EDIT 2: Track pad now almost 100% functional but it works. No gestures and track pad not found in System Settings.

You should first determine the manufacturer of your trackpad, then look for an appropriate driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back