Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you failed to disable SIP?
If you follow the guide and use a plist from the guide, SIP will be disabled:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi again RehabMan. So, looking at your link, I realize that this whole forum is laptop support and I am on a desktop machine. I don't know if the tool was designed exclusively for laptops or if it should work on desktops as well. If the tool wasn't designed for desktops and if that's a cause of the problems I am having, I apologize for wasting your time.

SIP is disabled.

I'm going to go ahead and give up on this for now, collect what data I can by other means, and post regarding my other issue in a different forum / thread.

Hi again RehabMan. So, looking at your link, I realize that this whole forum is laptop support and I am on a desktop machine. I don't know if the tool was designed exclusively for laptops or if it should work on desktops as well. If the tool wasn't designed for desktops and if that's a cause of the problems I am having, I apologize for wasting your time.

SIP is disabled.

I'm going to go ahead and give up on this for now, collect what data I can by other means, and post regarding my other issue in a different forum / thread.

The script works equally on laptops and desktops.

The script works equally on laptops and desktops.

Just not on mine. :( Okay, well it doesn't sound as though there's any way forward for me. At least IORegExplorer works so I can post that info when seeking help in a different forum. Thanks anyway.

Without details, no one can help.

What details can I provide that would be helpful beyond what I've already provided? I will happily do so.

What details can I provide that would be helpful beyond what I've already provided? I will happily do so.

You never provided any specific information regarding your EFI/Clover (eg. attach EFI/Clover and I'll check if you have SIP disabled).
Nor any information regarding the errors you had when you renamed your system volume without any spaces (eg. show what you're doing in Terminal and the result).

Here's the EFI/CLOVER folder to start with. Thank you for your patience and help. Again, I'm using an SSD for my System drive ("High Sierra") and a regular spinning-platter hard driver for my User folder (that's "New Canaan"). Do you want me to rename both drives or just the system drive before attempting to run the script again?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    36.8 MB · Views: 160
Here's the EFI/CLOVER folder to start with.

The file is too large.
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.
EFI/Clover without "themes" should not be 36MB.

for my User folder (that's "New Canaan").

The script does not deal with user names that have spaces in them.
From looking at the code, that much is very obvious...

The OP can correct it, or you can create a new user account that doesn't use spaces.

The file is too large.
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.
EFI/Clover without "themes" should not be 36MB.

The script does not deal with user names that have spaces in them.
From looking at the code, that much is very obvious...

The OP can correct it, or you can create a new user account that doesn't use spaces.

My user name doesn't have a space in it (singj). The drive that contains the user folder *does* have a space in the name (New Canaan).

Going to find and re-read the FAQ now.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
My user name doesn't have a space in it (singj). The drive that contains the user folder *does* have a space in the name (New Canaan).

Generally, when you create a new account, the user folder is lower case version of the user name.
For example, my user name "RehabMan", becomes /Users/rehabman.
No idea why you would set your system up like you have.
But the gen_debug.sh script does not deal with a home folder that has spaces in it (like I said, it is very obvious just by looking at the code).
It is a bug in the script that the author may choose to correct.
Or, like I said you can simply run the script from a user account that has no spaces in the home directory.

Going to find and re-read the FAQ now.

Laptop FAQ is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back