Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer BASH and Terminal over AppleScript. There is tad bit of apple script in this shell script too. Have a look at the source code and you will know.
I prefer Bash and terminal too but noobs don’t. I looked at the source code this morning.
Bash and perl shall do. I will try to write a script for automatic patching for different AMD Framebuffers. Regards
I started writing a MacOS app in swift this morning to do the AMD framebuffer patching this morning. When I get something stable I’ll push to github and send a link to you.

BTW, your recent additions to clover were the ones much needed. You are awesome, like always!
Cheers

Bump! @RehabMan did you manage to spare some time to review it yet?

Regards

Added this to the FAQ:
Q. Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically?

Yes! (almost)

User @black.dragon74 has created a script that automates most of the "Problem Reporting" tasks (as described in the previous question).

The part it cannot do is pressing F2 and F4 for you at the main Clover screen.
And of course, it only works for the case you can boot into your system. If you have a problem booting, you must obtain and collect the verbose boot photo manually (and EFI/Clover).

Full details are here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-problem-reporting-file-generator.235953/

Hello people,

This is a tribute to all the developers working very hard for this awesome hackintosh community.

Many a times I have seen developers asking users to attach proper problem reporting files and users failing to do so.

Gone are those times, this script does it all for you. Everything is described clearly in the README on github.

GitHub Link: https://github.com/black-dragon74/OSX-Debug

You will just have to press F4 to extract origin files once as that process can't be automated.

I don't have much to say about this script, just use and you'll know. I have attached a video demo in post #2

Out of the all people, @RehabMan, my inspiration this is dedicated to you!

Regards

I think something in the script is causing all files collected from EFI/Clover to have the same timestamp.
As a result, it is impossible tell the relative age of the files in ACPI/patched vs. ACPI/origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back