Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the good work.

I just saw one thing in config:
Serial number shows up in RtVariable:MLB-Field, so better mask that field too.

Happy 2018 everyone!

Post #1 has been updated with the changelogs till date. Please update your copy of gen_debug (handled automagically on version 2.7+)

Much love to the community.
- Nick

I just used your tool and it worked out great and I want to say thank you. :clap:

Hey folks,
gen_debug ver3.4+ adds functionality of including kernel panic logs if found. Please note, as pointed out by @RehabMan, you need "Native NVRAM" working in order for the panics to be logged.

If your's is an Aptio based system you can now have native NVRAM using AptioMemoryFix.efi (place it in your "drivers64UEFI" folder of CLOVER)

I am attaching the latest build of AptioMemoryFix.efi compiled using "macbuild.tool" as of Tue Feb 6 13:56:18 IST 2018

P.S: If you decide to use AptioMemoryFix please remove conflicting OsxAptioFix* and EmuVariableUEFI from "drivers64UEFI" folder and also the clover rc scripts (they won't have any effect without EmuVariableUEFI anyways)

Regards

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Also in the case of using AptioMemoryFix.efi, remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
Thanks. Updated the post. I will create a script to cleanse the system of "NVRAM emulation" stuff soon. Maybe add that to your CLOVER guide?

Regards

I'm seeing a lot of empty kextcache_log.txt... you might want to check if the code in the script is still working.

And for 10.11 and later, the script should use 'sudo kextcache -i /' instead of 'sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /'.

I didn't change anything related to the kextcache in gen_debug. You may have a look at the function here

And for 10.11 and later, the script should use 'sudo kextcache -i /' instead of 'sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /'.
Already there since ver 1.0

P.S: Using "kextcache -system-caches" instead of "kextcache -i /" as it tends to fix redundant kextcache output issue (observed mostly on 10.13.1+)

EDIT: Kextcache output seems to work fine on all 4 of my hacks. Tested using latest version of gen_debug (3.4)

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back