Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a new update of gen_debug.sh if the IOREG dump fails for more than 3 times then a generic kind of dump is included in the debug report instead of the script going in an infinite loop.

Generic IOREG dump here referes to the output of "ioreg -f -l" in terminal.

@RehabMan what are your views on it? In my opinion, something is better than nothing, right? Moreover, we can use grep on generic_ioreg.txt to save us from trouble of inspecting it in TextEdit manually.

Feedback is most welcome.
Regards

Any ideas on why running IORegistryExplorer is failing?
Someone has to have a pretty screwed up install to break IORegistryExplorer.app (one the most common causes is with text files named AML in ACPI/patched... eg. AML files not in AML format).

Any ideas on why running IORegistryExplorer is failing?
I literally had no idea until now.
one the most common causes is with text files named AML in ACPI/patched... eg. AML files not in AML format
Just got to know about it. Now need to decide whether it will be worth it to write a function that checks if each AML file in CLOVER's directory is indeed an AML file. But then again, the app crashes on a very few systems (only 1 in my knowledge). Guess a text report of IOREG dump from terminal will do until I/We find a better alternative.

Regards

Someone has to have a pretty screwed up install to break IORegistryExplorer.app (one the most common causes is with text files named AML in ACPI/patched... eg. AML files not in AML format).
@nodaris, is this the case with you?

@nodaris, is this the case with you?

Hi black.dragon74,

I might be wrong but I don't think this is the case, as I think I have used the ACPI kext that comes with Multibeast.

Anyway, this is the output of the terminal of the latest run of version 3.9:

=====================================
+ macOS DEBUG REPORT GENERATOR +
-------------------------------------
+ SCRIPT VERSION 3.9 +
+ AUTHOR: black.dragon74 +

Hold on for a moment....
Hey! Before we proceed, I found a new version of the script.
You are running 3.9 and new version is 3.7
Shall I update it now?[y/n]: n
It is recommended to have the latest version. Still, you rule.
Proceeding......

Found script data directory at /Users/user/Library/debugNk
EFI Mount Script (RehabMan) found. No need to download.
IORegistryExplorer found at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app
Verifying if the version is 2.1
Verified version 2.1
Patchmatic not installed. Checking in DATA directory.
Binary found in DATA directory.
Data will be dumped at /Users/user/Desktop/7853
Dumping loaded ACPI tables.
Dumped loaded ACPI tables.
Dumping System log.
Dumping kernel log.
Dumping kextstat.
Dumping kextcache
Dumping clover files.
Mounted EFI at /Volumes/EFI (credits RehabMan)
cp: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER: No such file or directory
Removing theme dir.
/usr/bin/gen_debug: line 624: cd: ./CLOVER: No such file or directory
Removing tools dir.
Masking your System IDs
Dumped CLOVER files.
Unmounted /Volumes/EFI
Dumping IOREG.
IOREG dump failed. Retrying by increasing delays...
Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...
/Users/user/Desktop/7853
stefanos-pro.home
Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...
IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.
System dump not requested.
You may use gen_debug -sysprofile to generate system dump.
For output in TXT format use: "gen_debug -sysprofile txt". Default format is SPX
Dumping Boot log
Dumping NVRAM values...
Zipping all the files
Zipped files at: /Users/user/Desktop/7853/debug_7853.zip
Dump complete. Open /Users/user/Desktop/7853?(Yy/Nn) Invalid option selected. Open manually.
Thank You! Hope your problem gets sorted out soon.
stefanos-pro:~ user$ stefanos-pro.home
-bash: stefanos-pro.home: command not found
stefanos-pro:~ user$

As you can see it has given a few errors, but at least it terminated. Note also that my configuration does not use Clover but Chameleon, so I assume this is why there an error when trying to dump Clover.
I hope this helps,

- Ste

Hi black.dragon74,

I might be wrong but I don't think this is the case, as I think I have used the ACPI kext that comes with Multibeast.

We do not use Multibeast with laptops.
For correct CPU PM, see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Note that for the hardware in your profile, CPU PM is already implemented if you follow the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note also that we do not support Chameleon. Follow the Clover guide (at this point, you might as well start over, as you have clearly done many things incorrectly).

Pretty messed up system you have there mate. Advise you to start over. The machine in your profile is UEFI compatible and as a matter of fact, once you get to know CLOVER, you’ll never look back. All the best!

E186C083-1011-4A57-8DA3-45A5910C5179.png

LOL! Saw this. Why would someone do such a thing. Sorry for the OT!

We do not use Multibeast with laptops.
For correct CPU PM, see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Note that for the hardware in your profile, CPU PM is already implemented if you follow the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note also that we do not support Chameleon. Follow the Clover guide (at this point, you might as well start over, as you have clearly done many things incorrectly).

Hi RehabMan,

I agree that at this point it is probably better to start over, maybe I'll try with High Sierra.
Just a question: what should I use to finalize my installation instead of MultiBeast?
Is there I guide you can point me to?

Thank you for your help.

- Ste

Hi RehabMan,

I agree that at this point it is probably better to start over, maybe I'll try with High Sierra.
Just a question: what should I use to finalize my installation instead of MultiBeast?
Is there I guide you can point me to?

Thank you for your help.

- Ste

Note: Your question regarding install/post-install is off-topic in this thread...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back