Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been holding off on this build until Yosemite was released. Now that it is out, is this build stable for Yosemite, or does it make more sense to build with a series 9 board, like GA-Z97X-UD5H Motherboard, with the i7? This was done by Beelzebozo and reported in the thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...x-ud5h-16gb-ram-intel-hd-graphics-4600-a.html

Thanks in advance for your advice.
This build is completely stable, just make sure to use 2x(# of GB) sticks instead of 4x(# of GB) sticks if you plan to use Chimera for your bootloader.

-HTM

Speaking of memory sticks. What's the trick to getting "About my Mac" to show correct frequency?

Edit:Solved - In Clover set XMPDetect=YES

Got this build finally booting from Clover, with iMessage and everything else working. It is very stable.

It would have been a LOT EASIER if I had the foresight to run iMessage debug before I did the upgrade to Yosemite. :oops:

Got this build finally booting from Clover, with iMessage and everything else working. It is very stable.

It would have been a LOT EASIER if I had the foresight to run iMessage debug before I did the upgrade to Yosemite. :oops:

Hi gaucho,

Do you use DSDT and/or SSDT in clover?
Can you post your config.plist file for clover?

Hi gaucho,

Do you use DSDT and/or SSDT in clover?
Can you post your config.plist file for clover?

I did not use DSDT/SSDT. I made a USB Clover boot (r2976) disk, and got the system booting with that.
Then I used info from post 4409 in this thread to configure the EFI. messing with the serial numbers/MLB/ROM etc was info drawn from the Tonymac thread on the subject, and this ****** post .

Since I did not run iMessage debug, I had to start from scratch. I chose a 13,1 configuration, made sure I had a clean serial number (checked on Apple website), and used serial+5 characters for MLB.

The Clover installer was as minimal as I could make it. The only kexts I have are the AppleIntele1000e.kext, Fake SMC, and NullCpuPowerManagement.kext.

To transition from the USB, I used the same Clover installer, only selecting UEFI this time, and then copied my EFI folder from the USB to desktop and then mounted the EFI and replaced the EFI folder there with the one on the desktop. (I found that tip here on TM).

screen shot of drivers:

Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 3.31.40 PM.png

View attachment uncoded config.plist

the attached config.plist I removed the serial numbers from.

it boots quickly, network, sound, iMessage, iCloud, everything works as it should. I did have to call Apple, they did ask for my serial #, but I told them I was at work and only had the "call apple customer code" with me. Took about 2 minutes. they were very helpful. I swear my display is sharper booting from Clover instead of Chamelion, but that's probably just me.

Using the USB Clover boot disk was the best idea I had heard. Always had Chameleon ready to bail me out. I guarantee I have a complete iMessage debug data dump safely stored away now. ;)

edit: I have since added TRIM to my config.plist (with no problems).

It looks like this F7 update fixes the freezing problem when using four memory sticks :thumbup:
I have not noticed any other differences to F6 bios so far.
My other hackintosh with same mobo and only 2 memory sticks has never had freezing problems.

If your machine works well and you are happy with it, don't update bios.

It looks like this F7 update fixes the freezing problem when using four memory sticks :thumbup:
I have not noticed any other differences to F6 bios so far.
My other hackintosh with same mobo and only 2 memory sticks has never had freezing problems.

If your machine works well and you are happy with it, don't update bios.

Thanks! I also like advice that justifies me being lazy, so I'll go with that until I need to add more memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back