Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
with this mobo i cant get hibernate or sleep to work correct in yosemite.

any workarounds for me? ;)

with this mobo i cant get hibernate or sleep to work correct in yosemite.

any workarounds for me? ;)

Do you know from logs what preventing hibernate or sleep from working? It could be related to an optical drive, GPU or water cooling among other things - but Gigabyte Z87 should work fine.

it goes to sleep, after 1 sec it will wake up without mouse keyboard and graphic output - fans turning on full speed.

So I have followed this build to the letter, as far as I can tell. I used the same motherboard, processor, 2 x 8gb of g skill 1866 ram, 240gb seagate SSD, UEFI settings in the bios, and used the Multibeast setting recommended in this guide, updated for Yosemite 7.1.1. Bios is still set to f3, which it came set to right out of the box. The first boot with the USB went fine, but ever since I try to boot with the system, the white Apple screen comes on with the progress bar freezing half way, and then just stops completely. I have reinstalled the system 2 times, with the same result. I can get the system to boot up using - x or - f but not without them. When I run - v I get the following problem, as attached in the picture. Help please. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_212451687.jpg
    IMG_20141228_212451687.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20141228_212831830_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141228_212831830_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130
  • GA-Z87MX-D3H.mb
    4.5 KB · Views: 102
I think I may have discovered my own problem. In the multibeast for mavericks, kext dev mode was not included or checked, but I just added it and it seems to be starting up ok 3 consecutive times. Could this be the source of my problem? Thanks for helping me.

No this was a new build. Also, anything special I need to do now that it seems to be up and running to add my graphics card to this build? I have a Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD6850 from my copy of your Son of Zorro build from a few years ago that I was thinking of adding, but I am not sure this is any better than the native Intel 4600 on board graphics. I checked Tom's Hardware and can't find the 4600 in the hierarchy listing. Thanks as always for your help.

No this was a new build. Also, anything special I need to do now that it seems to be up and running to add my graphics card to this build? I have a Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD6850 from my copy of your Son of Zorro build from a few years ago that I was thinking of adding, but I am not sure this is any better than the native Intel 4600 on board graphics. I checked Tom's Hardware and can't find the 4600 in the hierarchy listing. Thanks as always for your help.
HD4600 isn't broken out separately from HD4000 in the Tom's Hardware Graphics Hierarch Chart - it's the same technology level, just some graphics enhancements with faster processors.

The 6850 should work w/o any MultiBeast changes, but you will have to change the BIOS to reflect using the PCI slot instead of the IGXP (on-board graphics).
Peripherals > Init Display First > PCIe 1 Slot <--- I assume you'll put the 6850 in the 1st PCIe slot
Peripherals > Internal Graphics > Disabled <--- if you don't plan to use the on-board graphics
------------------------------------------------------connectors with the 6850​

Hi everyone!

I'm having some problems with this built too, since i built it... after searching many many times here, I still couldn't find the solutions.

Let's start:

1) No ethernet adapter in Network Preferences. It shows a "Built-in Serial Port (1)" and "Wi-Fi". No ethernet.

2) Wi-Fi very unstable. Unless I place the computer really close to the router, the wi-fi sometimes connect, sometimes don't, sometimes it drops in the middle of a heavy usage moment (like WeTransfer, etc...). I'm using the adapter suggested, that TP-Link TL-WDN4800. The solution I've found is to use my phone as antenna, using the Android service via USB. Pretty uncomfortable.

3) Cannot turn on the hackintosh with any External HD plugged. If it's plugged, the boot stops and shows lines and lines of codes and other numbers and infos at the white logo screen.

4) Sometimes it stops, and I'm thinking that it's related to Wi-Fi adapter, 'cause after I stopped using it never occurred anymore. It's still in the PCI slot, but I let the wi-fi turned off at the top bar, and uses the phone like I said above.

If anyone has some idea to identify the problems or know how to solve it, I'll be very very grateful.

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English!

Gui

edit: I'm running Mavericks. 2 memory sticks DDR1600...

elitaozao,

Please list all your components make and model #, except for your motherboard and processor; namely your memory and other components including your WiFi component. Additional, provide your MultiBeast configuration.

Are you able to connect to your router via an Ethernet? I know you use WiFi, but the solution may require to connect via Ethernet first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back