16G RAM
MSI 760 Twin Frozr
Bitfenix Prodigy M case
128 Plextor SSD for Mavericks
120 Intel SSD for Windows 8.1
2TB WD Black for storage
TP link 4800 wifi card
ASUS VG27A on HDMI (cheap 3D monitor)
ASUS PB278 on displayport (nice 2560x1440 that I have in portrait mode). - my old Imac could not drive this properly

I then added a 2TB WD that I had in an external into the machine and am using CCC to clone the SSD images to the WD Black, and then clone the whole WD Black onto the 2nd WD as backup. I also have 3 4TB USB 3 externals for storage of the all the stuff I'd accumulated on discs over the years.

Fast system and super quiet.Nice and liberating to be free of so many disks, and to be making best use of my other stuff. I just do 'office work' mostly - word processing, powerpoints and browsing the internet.

Lessons?
When installing windows on the second SSD, you do have to disconnect all other HDs to get it to install.

Bugs?
Using preview to crop and resize causes the whole system to freeze and necessitating a reboot.
Rebooting back to Mavericks from Windows seems to cause the dual monitor set up to go to a mirror mode, and I need to replug the DP monitor to get it recognized as a higher res.

Thanks to Tony for the guides and software.

In Post #269, you post obsolete screen shots. In post #275, you describe a DP2mDP cable that in the next post you are not using. I don't know what is fact and what is not. Good luck finding a solution.

Why do you say I am not using? My U2414h is connecting to my hackintosh with a DP2mDP cable, thats it. What info do you need to know apart from the IOReg?

I have this motherboard, and nearly the exact build. I am considering adding an Apple display. My question is, how to connect a Thunderbolt cable? Does it plug into the DisplayPort? Is an adapter required? Will I have to buy a graphics card with a Thunderbolt port? Do such things exist? I've searched around and can't seem to find a definitive answer. There are just too many video formats. VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, mini display port, Thunderbolt, firewire, etc etc......ARRRGH!

I have this motherboard, and nearly the exact build. I am considering adding an Apple display. My question is, how to connect a Thunderbolt cable? Does it plug into the DisplayPort? Is an adapter required? Will I have to buy a graphics card with a Thunderbolt port? Do such things exist? I've searched around and can't seem to find a definitive answer. There are just too many video formats. VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, mini display port, Thunderbolt, firewire, etc etc......ARRRGH!
DVI on this motherboard is single link, so it only supports up to 1920x1200. To get the full res. of the display you should use HDMI (1.4) or display port. A passive display port to thunderbolt adapter should work fine, but I can't guarantee it.

Hi everyone!

I've built a very similar system, I'm going to upload the build summary soon, basically Z87MX-D3H//4770k//GTX760 @ MAVERICKS on a PRODIGY-M.

It's a very powerful little beast, geekbenches 16430 and everything works great.... ...but sleep doesn´t. It won't wake up after sleeping more than 1 min or so... :S

I've seen i'm not the only one having trouble with sleep on this mobo... Has anyone found a solution??

best, and thank you all for sharing knowledge, you're great

Luis from spain ;)

luissawyer,
This thread deals with tonymacx86's configuration. Since you have a graphics card, I recommend you post any problems in the Mavericks Desktop Support forum section or another appropriate thread. :thumbup: TIA.

Hi everyone!

I've built a very similar system, I'm going to upload the build summary soon, basically Z87MX-D3H//4770k//GTX760 @ MAVERICKS on a PRODIGY-M.

It's a very powerful little beast, geekbenches 16430 and everything works great.... ...but sleep doesn´t. It won't wake up after sleeping more than 1 min or so... :S

I've seen i'm not the only one having trouble with sleep on this mobo... Has anyone found a solution??

best, and thank you all for sharing knowledge, you're great

Luis from spain ;)

I disabled sleeping :)

Hello!
My CPU - i5-4670k, My RAM - CML16GX3M2A1600C10 but latency in RAM when selecting profile XML - 10-10-10-27 (1600Mhz), and you 9-9-9-24. Why?
Sorry for my English if anything, I'm from Russia :)

Hello All,

I'm really at a stand still. Running Mavericks on my system and even flashed my bios to the modded bios Tonymac suggested on this thread. Worked for a little while, but back to freezing all the time. Suggestions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back