Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got logitech's software with unifying receiver and all but I'm not experiencing any issues with it. As far as monitors are concerned, I'm running an Apple LED Cinema Display off HD 4600 without any problems, so far I I can tell.

Never saw a 1080p monitor with no HDMI connector; what was Dell thinking?

Confirm one connection is motherboard/DP to monitor/DP with a DP2DP cable.
If yes, reply with a new IOReg with just that monitor connected. (reboot not necessary)
If no, document what is connected to what with all the details and a note indicating which monitor is labeled Built-in.

The setup is motherboard/DP to monitor/miniDP with a DP2miniDP cable. Monitor model is dell U2414H with 1miniDP 1DP 2HDMI inputs. Attached is the IOReg after reboot to avoid any unnecessary confusion.

Attachments

• z87mx-d3h-onlydp.zip
    442.4 KB · Views: 89
The setup is motherboard/DP to monitor/miniDP with a DP2miniDP cable. Monitor model is dell U2414H with 1miniDP 1DP 2HDMI inputs. Attached is the IOReg after reboot to avoid any unnecessary confusion.
You Post #269 screenshot shows P2414H, not U2414; indicates something is wrong with EDID. What are the details for the other monitor connection?

You Post #269 screenshot shows P2414H, not U2414; indicates something is wrong with EDID. What are the details for the other monitor connection?

At the time I took my screen shot i was using P2414H, but now I changed to U2414H already :)
the z87mx-d3h-onlydp indicates only 1 miniDP and 1 usb hub are connecting to my hackintosh.

Now I got 2 U2414H, 1 is using miniDP(plug in monitor) to DP(plug in hackintosh) cable, another 1 is using HDMI cable.

Hi guys,

I am a newbie at hackintosh. I have been trying for a couple of days, and I have been reading through tons of threads, but I can't get past this problem. I'd really appreciate it f someone could point me in the right direction.

The goal here is to install Mavericks. I don't have access to a Mac. I'm able to install Snow Leopard with no issues, but I get stuck after I update to 10.6.8. I've tried updating to 10.6.8, then running multibeast before rebooting. After multibeast was done, I restarted, but it would only get to the white apple logo screen for a second and automatically reboot over and over. I tried with iboot and that stopped the rebooting, and then I tried using -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Off (etc) but it would always get stuck in [PCI configuration begin].

Then I tried reinstalling from the retail dvd, doing the same thing again, and I got the same results.
Then I tried installing again to a partition I created in the same SSD, but before updating to 10.6.8, I tried setting up unibeast with mavericks on a flash drive. I have the necessary files, but the unibeast installer always fails.

I tried booting from the install dvd again, formatting the SSD, and doing a clean install. Then I updated to 10.6.8 without using multibeast at all.(I figured it can wait until after I get mavericks up and running).

This is where I am right now: I'm using iboot, then trying to boot with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Off, and other options, and I always get stuck at [ PCI Configuration begin ]. The only time I got past that line was when I got sleep failure code right in the next line.

Please help!

Now I got 2 U2414H, 1 is using miniDP(plug in monitor) to DP(plug in hackintosh) cable, another 1 is using HDMI cable.
In Post #269, you post obsolete screen shots. In post #275, you describe a DP2mDP cable that in the next post you are not using. I don't know what is fact and what is not. Good luck finding a solution.

Hi guys,

I am a newbie at hackintosh. I have been trying for a couple of days, and I have been reading through tons of threads, but I can't get past this problem. I'd really appreciate it f someone could point me in the right direction.

The goal here is to install Mavericks. I don't have access to a Mac. I'm able to install Snow Leopard with no issues, but I get stuck after I update to 10.6.8. I've tried updating to 10.6.8, then running multibeast before rebooting. After multibeast was done, I restarted, but it would only get to the white apple logo screen for a second and automatically reboot over and over. I tried with iboot and that stopped the rebooting, and then I tried using -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Off (etc) but it would always get stuck in [PCI configuration begin].

Then I tried reinstalling from the retail dvd, doing the same thing again, and I got the same results.
Then I tried installing again to a partition I created in the same SSD, but before updating to 10.6.8, I tried setting up unibeast with mavericks on a flash drive. I have the necessary files, but the unibeast installer always fails.

I tried booting from the install dvd again, formatting the SSD, and doing a clean install. Then I updated to 10.6.8 without using multibeast at all.(I figured it can wait until after I get mavericks up and running).

This is where I am right now: I'm using iboot, then trying to boot with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Off, and other options, and I always get stuck at [ PCI Configuration begin ]. The only time I got past that line was when I got sleep failure code right in the next line.

Please help!
Your problem is the GTX 760 graphics card which is not supported in Snow Leopard. Remove it and set your BIOS to run from the motherboard DVI connection.

BTW, if you're using iBoot to setup Snow Leopard (you only need 10.6.6 to get to the Apple Mac App Store (MAS)) to get to the MAS to download Mavericks, now did you create the UniBeast since you don't yet have Mavericks?

Finally, since this thread is about tonymacx86's build, which doesn't use a graphics card, I recommend you get your system running w/o the 760 graphics card, then seek help in another thread (or start your own thread in Mavericks Desktop Support forum section).

Thank you so much for the help!

I basically followed the buyer's guide, hence my dumb assumption about the card.
BTW, if you're using iBoot to setup Snow Leopard (you only need 10.6.6 to get to the Apple Mac App Store (MAS)) to get to the MAS to download Mavericks, now did you create the UniBeast since you don't yet have Mavericks?
I haven't created the Unibeast bootable flash drive yet. I got Mavericks from a friend--rather than download it from the store... if this causes problems I'll try downloading from the apple store, but he gave it to me so I wouldn't have to download the huge file. I put the Mavericks installer in the Applications folder but I can't run it because of the Snow Leopard version that I have. The Unibeast installer always fails, maybe because I don't have 10.6.8 yet?

And I apologize about posting in the wrong place.

Thanks again!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back