Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Im using this motherboard more and more, the audio always randomly turns into this trashy noisy buzzing sound, and then I have to go to the sound and reset my audio out by clicking "digital out" and then "internal speakers".

Does anyone else experience or have a fix to this?

I have an indirect fix. Years ago I bought a Creative Xmod and the little thing is still plugging away after all these years. So, for audio, I've got the Xmod via usb connected to Logitech Z2300 speakers. If you wind up seeking an external solution, the Xmod's are pretty cheap.

I have an indirect fix. Years ago I bought a Creative Xmod and the little thing is still plugging away after all these years. So, for audio, I've got the Xmod via usb connected to Logitech Z2300 speakers. If you wind up seeking an external solution, the Xmod's are pretty cheap.

Hm that product dates back to 2006 and is not sold anymore :(. I guess what you're saying is an external sound card would help. I wish tonymac would include some native soundcards in their buyers guides.

Does anyone else here use a seperate sound card?

I wanted to post this here to see if anyone is seeing similar issues. My system is essentially identical to tonymacx86's build. I used his exact Multibeast configuration.

• Core i7-4770k
  • GA-Z87MX-D3H
  • CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB
  • Internal HD 4600 graphics

I have two remaining issues that I'm trying to resolve.

1. Unusual USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 Issues

In my system, I'm using a Logitech Performance MX mouse connected via the unifying receiver. While the mouse is stable and left, right, and middle click work, I cannot get any OS X driver to recognize it to allow me change the additional buttons configuration. Logitech Control Center, Steermouse, and USB Overdrive do not recognize it. Additionally, I use a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard that comes with a mouse and this mouse is also not recognized by any of these drivers.

I also have an IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (GBU521) that is recognized by System Information but is not working as expected. A Logitech C920 web cam works as expected.

I've tried:

1. Both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports for all of the above devices including the USB 3 front ports
  2. Toggling XHCI modes between off, auto, and smart auto in the BIOS (F5 revision) to no avail even though I see changes in System Information between USB 2 and 3
  3. I installed the newest GenericUSB kext that Adrian B mentioned and it did not seem to affect the system. I verified it was loaded via kextstat.

Images: Screenshot 2013-12-05 19.06.43.pngScreenshot 2013-12-05 19.06.47.png

I'm at a loss for why I'm having these weird issues. It seems to be related to USB 2.0 devices not being 100% recognized correctly and or not registering as HID devices (?).

2. DisplayPort and VGA are not working correctly for the integrated HD 4600 graphics.

I have 2 24" 1080p displays. One is connected via DVI, and the other via HDMI>HDMI-to-DVI Adapter>DVI. This works correctly. However, connecting a single monitor via VGA fails to boot and requires -x -v IGPEnabler=No. Connecting 2 monitors, one via DVI and the other via VGA, causes scrambled/garbled video on the VGA monitor. DisplayPort does not work at all in any case using a DP-to-DVI adapter.

I'm sticking to the first setup of DVI and HDMI for now until I can figure this out.

Sorry for the long post, but I'd appreciate any help for either issue!

Cheers

10.9/HD4600/VGA - no support.
10.9/HD4600/DP - framebuffer problem, attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

when you said 10.9/HD4600/DP - framebuffer problem, what kind of problem do you mean? Actually I posted a pic in this thread before asking why my DP couldn't be rotated, and by looking at the image below it seems that my hackintosh doesn't think DP is connecting to a monitor. Do you think it's one of the problem there?

ZwUYovg.png

mpMjxre.png

IdfwP4P.png

I've looked in your post and extracted a IOReg file, but what should I do to this file to fix the framebuffer problem? Attached my IOReg file.

Attachments

• z87mx-d3h.zip
    441.2 KB · Views: 110
Here you go.
Never saw a 1080p monitor with no HDMI connector; what was Dell thinking?

Confirm one connection is motherboard/DP to monitor/DP with a DP2DP cable.
If yes, reply with a new IOReg with just that monitor connected. (reboot not necessary)
If no, document what is connected to what with all the details and a note indicating which monitor is labeled Built-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back