Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stork for your fast reply!

I have already tried disabling X.M.P. profile in the past with no luck...

I am looking for some Crucial Ballistix Tactical listed on Z87MX's Memory Support List on spanish retailers with no luck for the moment. The only ones I have found are this four:

Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B006EWUO22/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B0085IWXB8/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

G-Skill F3-1600C9D-16GXM
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B007CCV1TI/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

G-Skill F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B0064DQR9U/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

Any particular recommendation on any of this memory sticks?

The tonymacx85 Buyer's Guide, Memory section, lists the Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU) on the Spanish Amazon site. Did you check the Buyer's Guide as I "recommended" you to do?

I can't not personally recommend the memory list you provided because I have no knowledge of their compatibility. Are they on the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List?

BTW, I personally do not buy finned memory any more because finned memory interferes with my processor air coolers.

No good, Stork :/

Tried every driver in the list and nothing seems to work. Now I'm permanently with the Wi-Fi deleted from the Network Pane.

I tried to update de BIOS to F7, but I'm experiencing another problem. My mobo is recognized as other model... I remember that... I'll check and update do take a look if you can help me.

Any ideas about the problem of booting with external hdd plugged in? I'm feeling that there's a problem with USB too... I'll explain:

I use this hackintosh at my mixing studio, and I use Pro Tools 10 as my main DAW. To run PT10 I need an iLok, a small usb dongle that needs to be plugged in while I'm using the software. Anti-piracy stuff... ok...
Sometimes when I turn on the hackintosh, the mouse becomes stuck in the login window, and when I unplug the iLok, it starts to work again... then I can reconnect the iLok and works normally!

Damn!!!!!

I'll update about the BIOS thing...

Again, thanks you very much.

Yes, confirmed.

When in the BIOS screen, I see the mobo model GA-Z87M-D3H, but it's written physically on mobo GA-Z87MX-D3H, which I bought...

Tried to google it but no luck... Any ideas?!

I think that's why i'm not able to upgrade BIOS to F7! It's F10 right now!!! :banghead:

Damn... feeling really not lucky...

Despite that fact about the MoBo model problem, I just opened the Hackintosh right now and noted that the DDR is not listed at the Gigabyte's List...

Mine is CMY, and not CMZ like I said... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Gonna change it and come back later this week...

Thanks again and sorry for the quantity of posts :oops:

Yes, confirmed.

When in the BIOS screen, I see the mobo model GA-Z87M-D3H, but it's written physically on mobo GA-Z87MX-D3H, which I bought...

Tried to google it but no luck... Any ideas?!

I think that's why i'm not able to upgrade BIOS to F7! It's F10 right now!!! :banghead:

Damn... feeling really not lucky...
Did you accidentally load the Z87M BIOS onto your Z87MX? If so, you need to call Gigabyte support to see how you can correct that situation.

The tonymacx85 Buyer's Guide, Memory section, lists the Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU) on the Spanish Amazon site. Did you check the Buyer's Guide as I "recommended" you to do?

I can't not personally recommend the memory list you provided because I have no knowledge of their compatibility. Are they on the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List?

BTW, I personally do not buy finned memory any more because finned memory interferes with my processor air coolers.

Yes, as you recommended me I checked the Buyer's Guide, but the Crucial Ballistix Tactical model that is listed in Customac mATX build (BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU) is with a Z97 instead of a Z87 motherboard, and it is not in the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List. So I supposed I should look for a Crucial Ballistix Tactical model that is in Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List (BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0.16FED). And I can't find this model in spanish retailers.

The only memory sticks from the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List that I could find were the ones I listed in my previous post.

Please tell me if maybe I am looking at this whole memory thing wrong, I am not an expert haha. Thanks for your advise Stork!

Yes, as you recommended me I checked the Buyer's Guide, but the Crucial Ballistix Tactical model that is listed in Customac mATX build (BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU) is with a Z97 instead of a Z87 motherboard, and it is not in the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List. So I supposed I should look for a Crucial Ballistix Tactical model that is in Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List (BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0.16FED). And I can't find this model in spanish retailers.

The only memory sticks from the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List that I could find were the ones I listed in my previous post.

Please tell me if maybe I am looking at this whole memory thing wrong, I am not an expert haha. Thanks for your advise Stork!
My apologies as I missed your statement that your listed memory choices were on the Z87MX Memory Support List. I chalk it up to old age. :rolleyes:

I can't recommend Corsair memory for Haswell systems; just too many people have posted problems with them, even when the memory was on the Memory Support Lists. Unfortunately, I have no recent experience with G.Skill memory. From just the limited search I did, the blue G-Skill F3-1600C9D-16GXM appears to be a better performer. I recommend you do some searching for any information you can get on your choices.

References:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/125717-fix-gigabyte-4-dimm-memory-instability.html

Yoru and Stork,

Just bought a new pair of sticks an hour ago. That ones are listed in Gigabyte's memory list for GA-Z87MX-D3H!

@Yoru, can't you find those?

16GB (2x8GB)
CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

I saw a lot of ppl using it too... that's why I (thought) bought it... But I didn't payed attention and bought a wrong pair (CMY), that's even not listed in buyers guide nor in the memory list for the mobo... :/

I'll try it tonight and report back! Hope everything goes well...

Thanks again and again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back