Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
I currently use the TP-Link PCI Express
Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800) for my Dual Boot hackintosh. The wifi will randomly just disappear for a bit and then reconnect after a few seconds to a few minutes. The wifi icon does not say that it is disconnected but pages will just not load for a bit.

On Windows this is not an issue. I play MMORPGs without issues for hours on Windows mode.

Any idea on what could be causing this?

Thank you.

i am suffering from a similar problem, except that i have to manually reconnect(deaktivate->activate) :(

Same problem here :(

There is literally no solution out there for this?

Same problem here.

Always disconnect when downloading a large file. (example: iOS update)

My current solution is to switch back to native Airport 300MB with PCI-E adaptor at the moment. Connection speed is slower than the 450MB TP-link does, but it is much more stable.

I have the exact same problem, I've dual-booted the machine into Windows 7 and on Windows 7 the network 100% stable, no network drops.

I'm wondering if one of the GURUS could possibly chime in to see what's going on. For now I've put the the OSX project aside until I can figure out the wireless which is an issue as well as figuring out how to do HDMI audio since my soundcard has issues as well with crackly sound (something that also doesn't happen when the system is running windows 7)

Thanks in advance for all your help on this everyone.

Add me to the list as well. Extremely frustrating and only in OS X. Rock-solid in Windoze!! I'm thinking of ditching the wifi and going with a hard line instead - can't keep rebooting. 17 reboots to download Mavericks!! :crazy::crazy:

I'm in the same boat, downloading a large file, it'll just cut out, constantly having to pause my downloads.

I regain connection by running diagnostics on my connection if that helps anyone.

My TL-WDN4800 worked OOB but always has random connection drops. So I searched everywhere and almost tried everything until I finally got it. The solution is to turn off Wake-on-LAN in the Bios setting. That's it! And it worked 100% on my Mavericks build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back