Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I've gotten nearly everything working after days trying to update from Yosemite to El Capitan on an older system. But now I've run into another problem. I don't have some of my previous files and applications.

Once I booted in I set up my Hackintosh like it was new and then installed my necessary drivers with MultiBeast. Then when I booted back up again and everything was working flawlessly, I went to Migrant Assistant and selected my old Time Machine backup from just a few days ago. After waiting 3+ hours for this to finish, I find my Hackintosh in an endless boot loop.

Every time I select to boot from my system drive the  symbol and loading bar would pop up, then the monitor would go to sleep and reboot again. I've done this process multiple times always ending with the same results.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

But what about all my old apps and documents? How will I be able to transfer them over?

If you didn't install EFI boot, then you can migrate everything except "Other Files & Folders" which would restore your old boot files.

LasVegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back