Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system is built on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 riv 1.3 board using an Intel core I3 3.1 Ghz chip. The graphics card is an EVGA GTX 660-ti. OS X is at the 10.8.1 level. The BIOS is flashed with UEFI U1H.

I installed using Unibeast & Multibeast for ML. with no DSDT file. Most things are working correctly. Except, I just noticed that Time Machine, which had been working correctly before the UEFI bios, has started failing on the hourly backup. It says the backup is delayed and gives an error message stating that the reason for the delay is that the system was in a "poor thermal state"

If I select "backup now" it appears to function correctly. And, I can enter Time Machine - move back a few days and restore erased files. Those functions appear to be working. Just not the automatic backup.

I have searched this forum and also used Google searches looking for an answer and found none. I am hoping that someone reading this can help me locate a solution and get Time Machine working again.

Same here.
I've started a similar topic like 6 month ago http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-software/64906-time-machine-problem.html
Unfortunately there was no solution and the only thing I managed to google was to reset SMC, which is impossible for us :)

Recently I've changed the case for my build, added HDD's (with the same MB, CPU, GPU and memory) and made a completely clean install of 10.8 updated to 10.8.2

Nevertheless nothing has changed. Hourly auto backups fail while manual backups are flawless.

Happened the same to me.

Installed Mountain Lion and TimeMachine was working properly for month or so. Then suddenly, and with apparently no reason, TM automatic backups stopped working, and started showing the Message:

"Time Machine did not back up because the computer was in a poor thermal state."
(Well, I have a spanish install, so it really showed: "Time Machine no ha realizado la copia de seguridad porque el ordenador no se encuentra en condiciones térmicas apropiadas.")

Read in some Insane**** forum that it seems to be SSDT related. A user reports to have the problem solved by deleting SSDT.aml file.
But there is no SSDT file in my installation... since I haven't a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Found that Time Machine Editor could serve as a temporary solution and I am going to try it first.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/26704/timemachineeditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back