Contribute
Register

Time ahead on Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1030)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
Core i9 10850K, 3.6GHz
Graphics
GTX 650 1MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I have a Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X, GeForce GTX 650 and 32GB RAM.

For about 4 months I used BigSur with the EFI folder using OpenCore.
Due some problems with some software incompatibility with BigSur, I cleaned my NMVe and installed Catalina again, then updated.

The problem now is that sometimes when I turn off, then on, or restart the computer, my date changes, even when on the system preferences it's set to "Set date and time automatically".
When this set is unchecked, I open Chrome and I have this message (Year 2015):

"Your clock is behind
A private connection to www.claro.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 7:32:13 AM) are incorrect.
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

When "Set date and time automatically" is checked, on Chrome I have this is the message (Year 2033):

"Your clock is ahead
A private connection to www.facebook.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Saturday, May 7, 2033 at 7:34:48 PM) are incorrect.
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

Chrome is opened before the restart or shutdown will some opened tabs. Then when MacOS restarts, I lost my tabs and some old tabs appears on Chrome, no the last ones before the restart/shutdown. Very weird. This is not a specific Chrome problem. So all apps that needs date and time have problems. Creative Cloud need to be signed again. Some licensed apps needs to be licensed again due date limit problems, after reset the correct date and time.

My date on BIOS is correct.
So, any idea about this? How to fix this? Thanks.

Last edited:
Still have the problem here.

Still have the problem here.

That's an unusual problem.

I think what I'd do is check the motherboard CMOS battery. Your motherboard is quite a "mature" one now and those cells don't last forever.

A bit of a long-shot I know but something to rule out anyway.

One software thing to try is the SSDT-AWAC.aml.

:)

That's an unusual problem.

I think what I'd do is check the motherboard CMOS battery. Your motherboard is quite a "mature" one now and those cells don't last forever.

A bit of a long-shot I know but something to rule out anyway.

One software thing to try is the SSDT-AWAC.aml.

:)
Thanks for the reply.
The motherboard is new, bought this on december, and the date and time on the BIOS is correct. The problem is on the OS X. I have the same problem when restart the computer. The date and time is correct, after restart the Catalina changes to 2033, 2012...
I used a lot of Hackintosh systems, and my latest are Mojave and BigSur and don't have this problem.
The EFI folder with DSDT are new and created to my config. OpenCore updated too.

Thanks for the reply.
The motherboard is new, bought this on december, and the date and time on the BIOS is correct. The problem is on the OS X. I have the same problem when restart the computer. The date and time is correct, after restart the Catalina changes to 2033, 2012...
I used a lot of Hackintosh systems, and my latest are Mojave and BigSur and don't have this problem.
The EFI folder with DSDT are new and created to my config. OpenCore updated too.

Sorry. My mistake. I was going on the PC you have in your profile - X58A-UD3R - etc.

Perhaps think of updating it. Thanks.

I am not aware of a macOS problem that causes the clock to be so random - except the need for SSDT-AWAC.aml which is proving very useful in Z490 and 500-Series systems. No doubt you research has shown why that is used.

Sorry. My mistake. I was going on the PC you have in your profile - X58A-UD3R - etc.

Perhaps think of updating it. Thanks.

I am not aware of a macOS problem that causes the clock to be so random - except the need for SSDT-AWAC.aml which is proving very useful in Z490 and 500-Series systems. No doubt you research has shown why that is used.
I will renew my profile :) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back