Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

With Alpine Ridge it is sometimes possible to get a thunderbolt extended bus with a few patches and an SSDT. We can try that if you'd like.

Also, if you'd like I could try patching the firmware.
That would be awesome if you could help me out. I'll post the bin file as soon as I get home.

Btw I also have the z390 designate my system is fully configured if anyone needs some extra reference builds heres my build

That would be awesome if you could help me out. I'll post the bin file as soon as I get home.

Btw I also have the z390 designate my system is fully configured if anyone needs some extra reference builds heres my build

I will say as of lately I haven't found it worth flashing or using the extended bus. Your needs may vary. I do understand the journey :)

I will say as of lately I haven't found it worth flashing or using the extended bus. Your needs may vary. I do understand the journey :)
here you go boss thank you again!

Attachments

• Lenovo-T480s-Thunderbolt-Original-Verified.bin.zip
    228.9 KB · Views: 35
Lastly can you send me a copy of your IOReg? This might take a minute.

@janthonys20 Before we go too far, have you tried the 480 SSDT for ICM mode here?

yes im familiar with all of it, i just cant get full thunderbolt for thunderbolt display without bflashed firmware but i know how to make drom ssdt after its flashed i did the same with my z390 designare there are my ssdts from the designare i have stock titan ridge and add in card alpine

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.09.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.09.23 PM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.10.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.10.26 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 58
  • SSDT-TB3ALPIN.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 50
  • SSDT-TB3TITAN.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.12.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.12.18 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.13.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 20.13.40 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
yes im familiar with all of it, i just cant get full thunderbolt for thunderbolt display without bflashed firmware but i know how to make drom ssdt after its flashed i did the same with my z390 designare there are my ssdts from the designare i have stock titan ridge and add in card alpine

Awesome. Just getting my bearing straight here.

So on the Thinkpad you've never had full Thunderbolt Extended Bus and we're trying for two things.

1) An EFI solution like mine on my EX3 (Full extended bus)

or/and

2) A patched firmware which you are clearly more than capable of!

So for solution one, are you using a patched DSDT in your EFI? That would actually make things much easier to test on.

Awesome. Just getting my bearing straight here.

So on the Thinkpad you've never had full Thunderbolt Extended Bus and we're trying for two things.

1) An EFI solution like mine on my EX3 (Full extended bus)

or/and

2) A patched firmware which you are clearly more than capable of!

So for solution one, are you using a patched DSDT in your EFI? That would actually make things much easier to test on.

I've gotta get some other work done so I'm gonna buzz off for the night *sips gin and tonic* but I cooked this up for you.

I imagine the DSDTpatched is something that you boot with being that its in the folder you sent and its a laptop. I edited that DSDTpatched with what we would usually use a Rename Patch for.

I'm making two assumptions here. I think the GPE event the Thunderbolt Controller uses is _L6F. I could be wrong but thats what makes sense to me. I'm also assuming your Thunderbolt Controller connects to RP21.

Either way, attached is:
DSDTPatchedTBT
DTPG.aml
SSDT-TbtOnPch-TestV1.aml

Make sure you clear NVRAM!
Make sure you have a backup EFI (I'm sure you know this)

If you get a Thunderbolt Bus but using it crashes macOS then it's likely we have the wrong GPE Event.

Attachments

• DSDTpatched.aml
    116.6 KB · Views: 37
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 40
  • SSDT-TbtOnPch-TestV1.aml
    4.5 KB · Views: 57
Back