Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

...For me and this maybe different for someone else on a z370/90 board but when I connect the header to the board I get not functioning TB3. When I put the jump on 3-5 pin it seems to work.
If the motherboard has a THB_C header then its BIOS should also have a setting to enable/disable Thunderbolt and a setting to Force Power (e.g. GPIO3 Force Power). Both would have to be enabled.

If the motherboard has a THB_C header then its BIOS should also have a setting to enable/disable Thunderbolt and a setting to Force Power (e.g. GPIO3 Force Power). Both would have to be enabled.

What ever else the THB_C header does it causes my Alpine ridge card's to have undesirable behaviors so it is disconnected and I use a jumper on 3-5. When I turned the Thunderbolt off in the BIOS, I also did not experience desirable behaviors.

DSB2.RHUB.XHC2 will only power up if a USB-C device is connected during boot. This is, I believe, one of the issues that @maleorderbride is trying to resolve. Please see his post here:

Though mine won't power up even with a device, I'm hoping this is still the right path. Thanks for the link.

Drilled further down to here which makes a whole lot more since now. #13,400

• SSDT-10-TbtOnPch IO SHOWS.aml has a number of problems. Please remove it for now.
  • Then copy attached SSDT-TBOLT3-RP01.aml to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • Confirm that SSDT-DTPG.aml is still present in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
  • Reboot.

I appreciate your help with this. With both of those SSDTs in place IO reg shows the partial path and no TB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.00.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.00.11 PM.png
    416 KB · Views: 71

@CaseySJ

Looking at this post. I'd like to try changing 0x1578 to 0x15D3 for USPB as an experiment.

My options for doing this are:

• Device Property
  • SSDT Edit
  • Firmware Patch
Is that correct and do you have a preference?

I see, it's device-id! Trying to implement.

UPDATE: I was able to change the ID to 15D3 after studying other parts of the SSDT. It didn't help in anyway but I did learn how to change a device property in SSDT so thats pretty cool.

I also noticed that my BIOS isn't seeing the flash drive connected to EX3. That should tell me most of what I need to know I suppose.

Last edited:
@scottkendall I would love to try out your Titan Ridge SSDT please if you don't mind sharing

Added Apple Thunderbolt Docs to This Post

If anyone has more document links please post them and I will add to the post.

Added Apple Thunderbolt Docs to This Post

If anyone has more document links please post them and I will add to the post.
Thank you! Here's my repo for all of the pulled Apple TB firmware from Sierra to Catalina as well.

@scottkendall can you add all of this to the first post?

Also, the origins of most of this https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/testing-tb3-aic-with-mp-5-1.2143042/page-29

Last edited:
@scottkendall I would love to try out your Titan Ridge SSDT please if you don't mind sharing

I have placed the files on the first post. Keep in mind this SSDT is meant to be used in conjunction with a modified Firmware on the Titan ridge

Thank you! Here's my repo for all of the pulled Apple TB firmware from Sierra to Catalina as well.

I have been considering opening my 2018 Mac mini and copying the TB firmware off the chip. Would that be any different than what is in this repo?

Back