Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

@scottkendall I feel like at one point I found the original backups of the GC-Alpine card but I can no longer track them down. I might be confusing it with the TR-Firmwares provided on this thread. The edits to the firmwares attached are based off the one I pulled from the Gigabyte Updater.

Either way, I've made two more version for a AlpineRidgeGC.bin. You are using V1, but can you try V2?

My goal here:

• To see if it works! V2 and V3 have the entire section in between DROM (0x4200) and Patches (varies). V3 has the section above DROM (0x4000) which is just after the active partition.
  • To allow sleep/wake and other USB functions to remain in tact without the help of your device properties.

Attachments

• AlpineRidgeGC.zip
    887.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
@scottkendall I feel like at one point I found the original backups of the GC-Alpine card but I can no longer track them down. I might be confusing it with the TR-Firmwares provided on this thread. The edits to the firmwares attached are based off the one I pulled from the Gigabyte Updater.

Either way, I've made two more version for a AlpineRidgeGC.bin. You are using V1, but can you try V2?

My goal here:

• To see if it works! V2 and V3 have the entire section in between DROM (0x4200) and Patches (varies). V3 has the section above DROM (0x400) which is just after the active partition.
  • To allow sleep/wake and other USB functions to remain in tact without the help of your device properties.

Not really sure you said you extracted the firmware from the GC installer. I do not have the original ROM's because like I said previously I did not back them up because I am lame like that.

Also on the first post there is both a TR firmware and AR firmware also V1 as you say.

Last edited:
@scottkendall

can you try V2?

My goal here:
  • To see if it works! V2 and V3 have the entire section in between DROM (0x4200) and Patches (varies). V3 has the section above DROM (0x400) which is just after the active partition.

V2 crashed a few times and did not wake correctly from sleep it also did not like to eject the EGPU right away took like 3 mins. "tried a few times"

V3 seems to work fine so far I will keep using it for now.

Yes USB remained intact with both versions without property injections. However, I much prefer the property injections as it makes my PCI list look nice... Just because it works does not mean it should not look nice doing it ;-p

Last edited:
V2 crashed a few times and did not wake correctly from sleep it also did not like to eject the EGPU right away took like 3 mins. "tried a few times"

V3 seems to work fine so far I will keep using it for now.

Yes USB remained intact with both versions without property injections. However, I much prefer the property injections as it makes my PCI list look nice... Just because it works does not mean it should not look nice doing it ;-p

Oh yeah you do you baby. Make that PCI Information POP!

I'm just looking for peace of mind that I did something right. Let's give it another day. When you're satisfied can you...
  1. Rename the file AlpineRidgeGC-NVM21-v3.bin (attached actually)
  2. Remove the requirement in Post#1 for Device Property Injection
  3. Update the SSDT-TBOLT3 in Post#1 with the one provided here. It's the same one you are using except the Device Property it injects has been changed to "GC-Alpine Ridge" instead of "GC-Titan Ridge." I want to respect the naming of files so it doesn't get confusing. SSDT-TBOLT is different than the original KGP.

This lets me know that the moment I find my correct firmware for the EX3 we will have flashed Alpine Ridge (GC and Asus) put to bed. Until then I'll make a version of for Asus EX3 NVM18 cards that we can store here.

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3-KGP.aml
    5.9 KB · Views: 90
  • AlpineRidgeGC-NVM21-V3.bin.zip
    295.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
@CaseySJ would you be interested in trying this firmware on you EX3 at some point? Your's is NVM18 so it would be perfect.

Note: Attached are two separate SSDT's. I modified SSDT-TBOLT-NICO.aml to remove PXSX and create USPB. Feel free to use what already works or try both.

Attachments

• AlpineRidgeEX3-NVM18-V1.bin.zip
    295.5 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT-TBOLT-NICO.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 87
  • SSDT-TBOLT3-KGP.aml
    5.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Oh yeah you do you baby. Make that PCI Information POP!

I'm just looking for peace of mind that I did something right. Let's give it another day. When you're satisfied can you...
  1. Rename the file AlpineRidgeGC-NVM21-v3.bin (attached actually)
  2. Remove the requirement in Post#1 for Device Property Injection
  3. Update the SSDT-TBOLT3 in Post#1 with the one provided here. It's the same one you are using except the Device Property it injects has been changed to "GC-Alpine Ridge" instead of "GC-Titan Ridge." I want to respect the naming of files so it doesn't get confusing. SSDT-TBOLT is different than the original KGP.

This lets me know that the moment I find my correct firmware for the EX3 we will have flashed Alpine Ridge (GC and Asus) put to bed. Until then I'll make a version of for Asus EX3 NVM18 cards that we can store here.

Yea I can do that, I have a bad habit of naming things to make it easy for me but very little sense to anyone else.

Yea I can do that, I have a bad habit of naming things to make it easy for me but very little sense to anyone else.

Thanks! I'm having the damndest time finding my original firmware. By the time I get it I bet I'll have a GC-Titan.

@Elias64Fr I'm playing along with you guys on the other thread with tbpatch. I tried dumping the full firmware and it seems like it's working but it's going to take a LONG time to dump.

Anyways! I was wondering if you could provide any insight as to how you created a plist for the patching?

Back