Contribute
Register

Three monitors with GTX 670 and HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to this thread, but I hope this helps some one.

To fix 3 monitor issue you must install the Quadro/GeForce drivers (http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html). However, you must first set your system definition to MacPro 3,1 in multibeast to install drivers. (At least that is the case with Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (f12), MacPro 4,1 and 5,1 will not boot with this MB and the drivers will not install with MacMini or iMac.)

My process:

1. Clean install from unibeast
2. Installed Kepler 6XX Graphics Drivers via multibeast and set SD to MacPro3,1
3. Install Drivers from Nvidia link above
4. Reboot
5. 4 Displays detected (3 monitors (1920x1200 ea) + movie projector)

I hope this helps someone!

I'm late to this thread, but I hope this helps some one.

To fix 3 monitor issue you must install the Quadro/GeForce drivers (http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html). However, you must first set your system definition to MacPro 3,1 in multibeast to install drivers. (At least that is the case with Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (f12), MacPro 4,1 and 5,1 will not boot with this MB and the drivers will not install with MacMini or iMac.)

My process:

1. Clean install from unibeast
2. Installed Kepler 6XX Graphics Drivers via multibeast and set SD to MacPro3,1
3. Install Drivers from Nvidia link above
4. Reboot
5. 4 Displays detected (3 monitors (1920x1200 ea) + movie projector)

I hope this helps someone!

I can confirm that this is working.
My setup is Asus P6T SE (x58, no built in video), i7 930, GTX 670. Set my SMBios to MacPro3,1 rebooted and installed the drivers, rebooted again and voila - three mointors working like a charm! My install is by MountainLionize, a finished installer. Then some extra kexts for ethernet and audio and some things from multibeast but I can't remember what..

I just tried the nvidia drivers and they worked great, all screens are working now (2 monitors though DVI and 1 HDTV through HDMI). Going to have to try and see if HDMI audio works later.

NVidia drivers confirmed working here, as always a big thanks to everyone here. It even came up as the 4th subject under "gtx 670 3 monitors wont show up" in the search engine. This is on the recommended build: mini itx deluxe, gtx 670, 3 monitors: 2 DVI, 1 HDMI. Graphics enabler=no.

edit: I seem to have 4 monitors showing up which isn't a big deal for a mouse user, but I'm using a wacom tablet and it makes it trickier for defining the space.

I have tested this to working I have an Asus P6X58-E Pro and I have Mac 5,1 set in my boot plist with all 3 monitors activating using the newest nVidia drivers. I may have to reinstall because it looks like everything operates correctly without a DSDT.aml installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back