i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

i have a iMac17,1 and today I wanted to apply the automatic downloads on my iTunes.
Everything is working great, like Handoff, iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, Sleep etc.

Does anyone know this error? I have attached a file (it looks like a very old Mac, but my warning is German :p)
I have tried to change my SMBIOS to another iMac17,1 and this changed ROM, SmUUID, Serial Number, Board ID, but did NOT change hardware UUID. Is there a way to change this uuid or is there another workaround?

There is no way someone else has logged into my iMac. I think its just an error.
I tried calling Apple, but when they wanted my serial number, they said it wouldn't exist :(

Please help! :)
Thanks

My specs are in my profile, I am using 10.13 High Sierra (Supplemental Update).

edit: Completely refiguring my SMBIOS didn't work as well. I have a new Hardware UUID, smUUID, MLB, Serial number etc., but still the same error :banghead:

Attachments

• iTunes 2.0.png
    iTunes 2.0.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hey guys,

i have a iMac17,1 and today I wanted to apply the automatic downloads on my iTunes.
Everything is working great, like Handoff, iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, Sleep etc.

Does anyone know this error? I have attached a file (it looks like a very old Mac, but my warning is German :p)
I have tried to change my SMBIOS to another iMac17,1 and this changed ROM, SmUUID, Serial Number, Board ID, but did NOT change hardware UUID. Is there a way to change this uuid or is there another workaround?

There is no way someone else has logged into my iMac. I think its just an error.
I tried calling Apple, but when they wanted my serial number, they said it wouldn't exist :(

Please help! :)
Thanks

My specs are in my profile, I am using 10.13 High Sierra (Supplemental Update).

edit: Completely refiguring my SMBIOS didn't work as well. I have a new Hardware UUID, smUUID, MLB, Serial number etc., but still the same error :banghead:

Hi there,

As well as @Bob_the_Tomato 's advice you could also go to https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage and check exactly which PCs/Macs etc there are running and associated with your ID. You might already know about this, but when I did this I found a couple of duplicates plus old equipment I no longer have. You can remove what is not accurate and any duplicates. This might help.
:)

thanks for your help. But this didnt fix my issue. My iMessage was working properly, so that it was no problem of my SMBIOS...

I found out the following:
I have changed my BIOS Chip and my eh0 mac adress was 88888888788 and iTunes didnt change the error due to smbios change, serial number change, mbr change, hardware uuid change etc.
iTunes worked properly when i inserted my regular BIOS Chip (the one with the correct mac adress).

Unfortunately the bios chip now inserted needs EmuVariable to start my mac with Nvidia Drivers.
Then there is no "LastBootedVolume" working, so my mac doesnt show any countdown (what he did with the same efi folder with the other bios chip)

So is there a way to get autoboot with emuvariable actually? :)

Well, I'm a little confused. You mention 'emuvariable' - you definitely need NVRAM emulation for a Pascal GPU and a 170 Intel chipset. Use Clover to install it in the drivers64 section and also tick the RC Scripts. I wasn't aware this affected last booted countdown. Isn't that in config.plist?

For the iTunes Match problem, I would avoid changing any of the core serial numbers too often. This certainly makes the automatic systems at Apple grow concerned and block things.

I keep a record of all my serials and when I update or rebuild always begin by NOT signing in to iCloud until I have re-input them. Actually a good idea is not to sign-in to iCloud until all the hardware debugging work has been done. For a system definition I would currently recommend iMac14,2 and so far I have stuck to that, with a bespoke SSDT for the CPU PM (works fine on Kaby Lake too).

As you know the SmUUID is basically unique so it can't appear in a machine with any different core serials. If it does, warning bells go off. It's a number that, for example, Clover Configurator doesn't create (at least not for me).

You can of course create your hackintosh as a totally new, unique serials machine, then sign in and all should be fine. Keep ethernet as en0 and wi-fi, if you have it, as en1. Just remember to sign-out of iTunes before you make changes to avoid loosing an activation.

:)

Last edited:
In the last days I created a brand new hackintosh with Mojave 10.14.2. So far almost everything seems to be working fine (besides some jitter in Bluettoth audit) but today I stumbled also over the before mentioned itunes error message "This computer is already associated with an Apple-ID". Not really sure where this problems comes from.

Can anybody give me some advice how to troubleshoots this (I am also very new in the hackintosh theme)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back