Contribute
Register

This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried all kind of suggestion but no luck until I use the suggestion of adding the Ethernet EFI String. It works~~

So all you need to do is to use GFXUtil to create the EFI String of the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>##-your-path-here-##</key>
<dict>
<key>built-in</key>
<string>0x01</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Combine it with your Graphic EFI if you have one.

Graphic EFI also solved by Black Screen problem in 10.7.2

jtholb said:
Ok, I got it working for me, but your mileage may vary. While I was messing around I found that I couldn't log in to the App Store on my hackintosh...something I thought I could previously do, but honestly that may have been on another mac, so maybe it had never been working. Anyway, my solution was based on Candurin's post here and aae55555's post here

First go to Library > Preferences > SystemConfiguration

Delete the networkinterfaces.plist (don't worry, it auto replaces itself when you reboot). Add this line to your boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

that would be /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (at least if you're running Chimera 1.5.4)
and

[quote:1mwhyj5r]- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

I also deleted com.apple.network.identification.plist before I rebooted (which will also get recreated on reboot). Previously my wifi adapter was en0 and my built-in ethernet en1, and I'm not sure if that had some sort of detrimental effect, but now they're the other way around. Anyway, magically the App Store and iCloud are working!!

Hopefully that helps, but I'm glad to have it working on my end.[/quote:1mwhyj5r]

Guyz , I Just updated to chimera 1.6 ! Facetime and iCloud now Works !! Just Update :)

New chimera version did it for me. Worth a try, simple and quick...

I have done everything and my iCloud and App store still don't work:

System:
Asus p5G41-m LX2/GB Motherboard
4 Gig 800MHz ram
Geforce G200 Video 1024 Ram
Built in Ethernet
USB Keyboard and mouse
Chameleon 2.1 1684 Boot (tried Latest Chimera and it worked also but no iCloud. I like Chameleon 2.1 better I think because the Wizard utility works great with it.

My boot.plist:

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>iCham2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>

video and ethernet are part of the device list.

However, with Ethernet built in flag set at "yes" it still shows up as "false" in the Networkinterrfaces.plist.

I have reset serial number in smbios.plist.
I have multiple time deleted the two plists in the system config folder but when rebooted they automatically rebuild themselves and I check the System Preferences app and the ethernet is logged ni.

Well any ideas? I'm out and I would love to get my desktop Hackintosh synced with my iPhone and MacBook Air.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=34857#

bjet767 said:
I have done everything and my iCloud and App store still don't work:

System:
Asus p5G41-m LX2/GB Motherboard
4 Gig 800MHz ram
Geforce G200 Video 1024 Ram
Built in Ethernet
USB Keyboard and mouse
Chameleon 2.1 1684 Boot (tried Latest Chimera and it worked also but no iCloud. I like Chameleon 2.1 better I think because the Wizard utility works great with it.

My boot.plist:

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>iCham2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>

video and ethernet are part of the device list.

However, with Ethernet built in flag set at "yes" it still shows up as "false" in the Networkinterrfaces.plist.

I have reset serial number in smbios.plist.
I have multiple time deleted the two plists in the system config folder but when rebooted they automatically rebuild themselves and I check the System Preferences app and the ethernet is logged ni.

Well any ideas? I'm out and I would love to get my desktop Hackintosh synced with my iPhone and MacBook Air.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=34857#

Sign into the App Store first, then sign into iCloud. That worked for me after a fresh install.

Seems that you need to verify your account by signing onto the App Store first before authenticating on iCloud.

The App Store store also gives me the "...invalid..." response when I attempt to sign in.

bjet767 said:
The App Store store also gives me the "...invalid..." response when I attempt to sign in.

Did you delete your networkpreferences.plist file so that OS X can rebuild it?

Try also signing into iTunes first.

Yep, deleted and let rebuild and I can sign into iTunes perfectly.

Still get this "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." on the App Store.

Thanks for the help keep posting it.

I have tried everything. None of it is working for me. When I do the deleting of the network connections I get no option to add Ethernet (en0). I have to install RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90 to get an Ethernet choice, but it keeps coming up (en1). Looking at my System Info shows my WiFi as (en0). Is there a way to change this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back