Contribute
Register

This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi
CPU
Intel i5 6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I get "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account." when trying to log in to iCloud after i upgraded to 10.7.2. Searching the net I've found some other with the same problem but no answer how to fix it.

My Apple ID works fine with iCloud on my iPhone 3GS and at www.icloud.com

Any thoughts?

Same problem here on a P5W DH Lifehacker build. My Mac app store works and I can access iCloud on my legit Macs.

I think this is something specific to Hackintosh systems. I read around that a serial or SMBIOS.plist hack may be needed. I'm sure Tony or the community will figure it out.

I was just reading in the official upgrade forum that you need the latest Chimera or Chameleon.

I have the latest Chameleon build 1598 downloaded from kexts.com. And that doesent work

Latest Chimera (if you use SkipFTFix) does not work as does latest Chameleon. See the VP URL I linked above.

If you use the FT fix, then it's suppose to work, but those who use RAID, cannot use the FT fix.

/gx

I upgraded to latest Chimera from tonymacx86 downloads page and it worked for me on a P5W DH lifehacker build. Once installed I got on iCloud no problem.

I also read something elsewhere about reordering NICs to make it work as well (you need to have en0)...

waldrondigital said:
I upgraded to latest Chimera from tonymacx86 downloads page and it worked for me on a P5W DH lifehacker build. Once installed I got on iCloud no problem.

I also read something elsewhere about reordering NICs to make it work as well (you need to have en0)...

Yeah, the latest Chimera has the FaceTime fix enabled by default, which will address the iCloud login issue.

But the FT fix isn't compatible with RAID, so users with RAID will have to use the SkipFTfix=Yes option, which unfortunately, causes iCloud to break.

/gx

I am running Lion and hit this issue, was easily resolved by upgrading to the latest chimera rebooted and hey presto! :thumbup:

Even with Chimera I had problems but a new smbios with custom info solved it. Also went from MacPro3,1 to iMac12,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back