Contribute
Register

This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
radik4506 said:
Bimbo69 said:
Well, I finally get icloud to work and this is what i did:
I went to http://prasys.info/2009/09/guidecreatin ... ios-plist/ and http://prasys.info/2009/11/understandin ... al-number/
and start to play with serials on at http://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php based on macpro3,1 I choose a code for refurbished, then 8 means 2008 then 11 that means march...the three caps letters for my id, and XYL (macpro3,1)
then I went to apple and generate my apple id and check at apple support page if it is used for someone to be 99% sure that mine is unique...then I've associated my serial to my apple id account. After all, I've paste the generated serial on my smbios.plist reboot and It works...
Could you explain in detail how you play with sireal number (all process) Thank you

It's all on the links in the example:

G8 7 44 091 08s

G8 corresponds to the country where the mac was made. For instance in this case G8 is USA. You’ll have to google up more to find other countries . CK represents Ireland , YM is China. You’ll have to find more via Google or by collecting lots of Mac serial number. I’ll glad to update the list if you have more
7 corresponds the year when the Mac was made. suppose if you built your hackint0sh in the year 2009 , it would be 9
44 corresponds on the week when the mac was built. In this case its the 44th week of the year. If your hackint0sh was built on August , it would be 32
0 9 1 corresponds the production number aka the unit number. So you can play around with these digits till you get the number which suits you or you can simply randomise it
08 S – It corresponds to the Mac Model. 8S here shows that its a MacPro1,1

Code Ort
1C China
2Z Refurbished
4H China
5K China
8H China
5D China
7J China (Hon Hai = Foxconn)
CK Cork (Irland)
E Singapur
EE Taiwan
F Fremont (Kalifornien, USA)
FC Fountain (Colorado, USA)
G8 USA
GQ Refurbished
PT Korea
CY Korea
QT Taiwan (Quanta)
QP China
RN Mexico
RM Refurbished/Remanufactured
SG Singapore
UV Taiwan
U2 Taiwan
V7 Taiwan
VM China
W8 Shanghai (China)
WQ China
XA Elk Grove Sacramento (Kalifornien, USA)
XB Elk Grove Sacramento (Kalifornien, USA)
YM China /Konfiguriert in Tschechien

I've used GQ as refurbished
year early 2008 then 8
week 11 means march
3 alphanumeric
XYL means MacPro 3.1

So I've got something like: GQ811xxxXYL and that's it
It's all on the links I've posted!!!

one more thing...go to
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php and check your serial for example: GQ811RDKXYL

for this case you will take:

Mac Pro
Processor: 2.8GHz Xeon (Quad-core)
Serial #: GQ811RDKXYL
Model #: A1186
Description: Name your device...
Current Total Memory: Select... 1GB PC2-6400 DIMM 2GB PC2-6400 DIMM 4GB PC2-6400 DIMM
Current Hard Drive: Select... 80GB 7200RPM 160GB 7200RPM 250GB 7200RPM 320GB 7200RPM 500GB 7200RPM 750GB 7200RPM 1000GB 7200RPM 1500GB 7200RPM 2000GB 7200RPM
Model Family: Mac Pro
Processor: 2.8GHz Xeon (Quad-core)
Manufacturer: Intel
# of CPUs: 2
Codename: Harpertown

Base Memory: 2GB PC2-6400 DIMM
Brand: Apple
Wireless: Optional
Color(s): Aluminum
Original OS: Mac OS X 10.5.1
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Base Storage: 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.5"
Optical Drive: 8x DL Superdrive
Model Number: A1186
Sales Number(s): MA970LL/A
Machine Number(s): MacPro3,1
Dimensions: 20.1 in x 8.1 in x 18.7 in
Weight: 42.4 lb

Production: Jan 8, 2008 - Mar 3, 2009
Factory:
Production Year: 2008
Production Week: 12 (March)
Production Number: 29361

if you use GQ011RDKXYL then 2010 is out from the production between Jan 8, 2008 - Mar 3, 2009...so it's wrong serial I believe...same thing is for imac's macbook's etc....

@Bimbo69:

First of all: Congrats on getting that stuff to work!
(I'm still in the "****ing with it"-stage...)

Could you clarify whether or not you changed the NetworkInterfaces.plist (you know, the whole IOBuiltin=true stuff) and what's en0 and what's en1 on your system?

Thanks for sharing your experiences, dude!

slowhand_86 said:
@Bimbo69:

First of all: Congrats on getting that stuff to work!
(I'm still in the "****ing with it"-stage...)

Could you clarify whether or not you changed the NetworkInterfaces.plist (you know, the whole IOBuiltin=true stuff) and what's en0 and what's en1 on your system?

Thanks for sharing your experiences, dude!

this is the plist I have, never changed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Interfaces</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Active</key>
<true/>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
HG9lPw7+
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEX1@1C,1/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx/IOEthernetInterface</string>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
<dict>
<key>UserDefinedName</key>
<string>Ethernet</string>
</dict>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
<string>Ethernet</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>Model</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

So I need some advice on the iCloud front. I've tried:

1) Resetting network (as described in this thread and many others), ensuring that the ethernet is en0 and my usb wifi adapter is en1
2) Changing to multiple real serials in smbios (as in first post of this thread and multiple other threads)
3) Adding PCIRootUID=1 to org.chameleon.boot.plist

I am using the Chimera 1.5.4 via Multibeast as a bootloader. I can log-in to the App Store, however. My error message is "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account." I have successfully set up iCould with my Apple ID from my iPad, iPhone and Macbook tho.

Any other recs or things that have worked for people?

Thanks!

I found out my Ethernet was builtin false. This was true for every machine I had, even though in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist I had EthernetBuiltIn = Yes.
I took the tip of some others on the board and used EFI Studio 1.1 to generate a EFI String for my Ethernet Device. I placed it in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist using Chameleon Wizard. Rebooted all 3 machines and App Store, iCloud work now.

Any one with the issue, check your NetworkInterfaces.plist or run ioreg -lS -w0 | grep -A11 en0 |egrep "BSD Name|IOBuiltin" in Terminal to see if your Ethernet is built in.

I've also done all the things others mentioned prior about clearing out ethernet devices, removing NetworkInterfaces.plist, rebooting, PCIRootDev = 1 etc ... So its either a combo of all of the above or just getting my Ethernet to show up with BuiltIn true.

Thanks

Hi all,

Installing chimera 1.5.4 cause kernel panic in my case. Any help?
Thanks.

Andy

xenophex said:
I found out my Ethernet was builtin false. This was true for every machine I had, even though in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist I had EthernetBuiltIn = Yes.
I took the tip of some others on the board and used EFI Studio 1.1 to generate a EFI String for my Ethernet Device. I placed it in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist using Chameleon Wizard. Rebooted all 3 machines and App Store, iCloud work now.

Any one with the issue, check your NetworkInterfaces.plist or run ioreg -lS -w0 | grep -A11 en0 |egrep "BSD Name|IOBuiltin" in Terminal to see if your Ethernet is built in.

I've also done all the things others mentioned prior about clearing out ethernet devices, removing NetworkInterfaces.plist, rebooting, PCIRootDev = 1 etc ... So its either a combo of all of the above or just getting my Ethernet to show up with BuiltIn true.

Thanks

Thank you! I had the same problem and the same solution worked after trying everything else, so now iCloud is working. My iPhoto 9.2 update still won't install and is giving me an error message tho. I have 9.1.5 installed now. Did you have any problems with that?

cmcnice said:
xenophex said:

Thanks

Thank you! I had the same problem and the same solution worked after trying everything else, so now iCloud is working. My iPhoto 9.2 update still won't install and is giving me an error message tho. I have 9.1.5 installed now. Did you have any problems with that?

Cancel that -- using the standalone iPhoto 9.2 updater from apple's website worked without a problem. Thanks again.

I'm running Chimera 1.5.4.1 and I still have the Facetime issue on 10.7.1, so I'm assuming whenever I can actually get upgraded to 10.7.2, I'll still have that problem with iCloud. Not sure what is wrong with my settings. I have a serial in my smbios.plist. Something else maybe...well, obviously. Just don't know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back