Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen) - Could use some hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Japanese owner of Thinkpad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen).

Though have tried a variety of information, does not move Intel HD 5500. When give me the advice I'm happy.

What setup_var of STEP 2.2, will it work correctly?
DVMT Pre-Allocated, Variable: in 0x37, 32MB, Value: 0x1 / 64MB, Value: 0x2 / 128MB, and Value: he seems to 0x4 but, What is the correct answer?

Because simple is also good, please tell me.

It's definitely not going to be public release material. I just found the 4 specific packet arrays in the dispatchEventsWithPacket function that matched with left click, middle click, right click and a packet that is called when they are released. If any of those are hit I stored it in a private int and then overwrote the buttons variable for all future packets until the specific trackpoint button was released. -- Works on my device but it's messy and very unpredictable for other machines.

That said, I will throw it up on GitHub and link you to it if you want to have a look. Its 2015 and dedicated trackpoint buttons are back. Long live the nub!

As for the extended drag, is that the dragexitdelay variable? I will probably cut it in half just because it feels weird to me.

Edit: Got scrolling working, it just thinks its a left click at the same time :p

It is a Japanese owner of Thinkpad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen).

Though have tried a variety of information, does not move Intel HD 5500. When give me the advice I'm happy.

What setup_var of STEP 2.2, will it work correctly?
DVMT Pre-Allocated, Variable: in 0x37, 32MB, Value: 0x1 / 64MB, Value: 0x2 / 128MB, and Value: he seems to 0x4 but, What is the correct answer?

Because simple is also good, please tell me.

Step 2.2 is not required.

Grab my config.plist from my first post along with the following kext files for your UEFI Clover build. (A copy of FaceSMC.kext (remove CPUSensors), GenericUSBXHCI.kext and VooDooPS2Controller.kext).

The config.plist has the framebuffer patch that has been working wonderfully for me so far.

Make sure you are using a 10.10.3 installer!

I have installed the Yosemite 10.10.3.

I saw posted config.plist.
I'm KextsToPatch only AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer?

To begin with, it is my DVMT = 0MB PC in in Win8.1.
This problem, how did you solve!?

I have the 5600U, you have the 5500U, that might be the difference.

Mine had 64mb of ram in windows and required no modifications by me. If you have a different model, however, it could be very different. -- If you have to go through the bios patch I would reach out in the HD5500 Graphics thread and AustereJ. he has good experience with it while I have none.

Somehow, a strange feeling.
Yet the same ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 3, or wonder specification is different.

If it is not If troublesome, why not me stretched the results of the GPU-Z running on Win the image?

In my environment, memory size is N / A.

I don't have windows installed right now. I will in the next 2-3 days and I can send it to you.

Edit: Done with my modded VoodooPS2Controller kext, everything is working great including the middle mouse scrolling button <3.

Did you call to Lenovo's support.

Apparently, my ThinkPad X1 Carbon Japan Limited Edition which have to, but different from ordinary X1 Carbon Gen 3.
Among them, will come a phone call.
Although I'm happy when it comes to the motherboard replacement.

Variety, I thank you! :thumbup:

Ethernet extender came in today, first kext I tried was the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from Mieze over at InsanelyMac. Worked great, another item off the list!

Hi!

If possible, when me put a link to go immediately to the information, how happy. Because it is hard to find from the Forum.

・Power Status (04/19/2015 - DSDT Battery Patch for the Lenovo X220 did the trick along with the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from the battery status guide.)
Power Management (Modified SSDTPrgen + SMBIOS MBP 11,2 - Used SSDTPrgen & SMBIOS section of config.plist from here | For the SSDTPRGen program I had to add my processor into the Broadwell config file. | I tested this with MSRDumper, if multiple p states means that its working then its working )
・Brightness Controls (Using ACPIBacklight.kext + the Haswell backlight patch the Brightness slider works. Keyboard edits require the DSDT patch in the laptop brightness guide. For my DSDT the device was KBD instead of \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K and my button ids were _Q15 for brightness down and _Q14 for brightness up.)

・FakeSMC.kext (from the stickied laptop guide)
・VoodooPS2controller.kext (from the stickied laptop guide)
・ACPIBatteryManager.kext (from the laptop battery status guide)
・ACPIBacklight.kext (from the laptop backlight control guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back