- Apr 14, 2013
- Thinkpad P50, Clover UEFI
- M1000M, 1920x1080
- Mobile Phone
follow rehabman's laptop guide and use the tools/commands he recommends. no need for unibeast or multibeast as you need to customize your installer's clover and even more editing afterwards. Also fill your profile with you laptop specifications.Hi! Thx for all.
I now try install high Sierra in my p50, I create a USB with unibest and edit efi cover file but I can't start install.
Any now what is the problem?.
FIX! (?). I try create a sierra USB and put again cover (the first post cover) and is working.
I can update from high sierra?.
follow rehabman's laptop guide and use the tools/commands he recommends. no need for unibeast or multibeast as you need to customize your installer's clover and even more editing afterwards. Also fill your profile with you laptop specifications.
Thx!, I follow this guid:
And create a new USB High Sierra, add .kext necessary, and change the config.plist, but now I have a other problem.
View attachment 320027
(I can get a dumpfile?, the screen not is really good)
Can I please ask what usb display adapter did you use for this??I confirm this laptop is faster than macbook pro 2016 touchbar
Thinkpad p50 is one of the most amazing laptop. With this topic I want to guide the installation of macOS on this machine and spark a little discussion about fixing the problems.
!!! PLEASE NOTE !!!
I am only documenting my way of getting macOS to work on this machine since there is no other guide yet. I am beginner who read few guides here on forums and not saying that my way is the best one . special thanx to RehabMan
!!! PLEASE NOTE !!!
You can find my updated collection of all necessary kexts and patches on my dedicated GitHub repo here:
push requests are welcomed
also clover is attached below in this post
- Lenovo Thinkpad P50
- Core i7-6700HQ
- 16GB 2133MHz DDR4(2 pieces under keyboard also tested with 64 giga works fine)
- Intel HD Graphics 530 , Nvidia quadro m1000m
- 500GB NVMe Samsung SSD 960 evo
- 500GB Western Digital Black sata
- 1×Thunderbolt 3, 4 USB 3.0, headset jack
- 1xHdmi , 1 DP(for monitor)
- Primary Windows 10 Pro / Secondary Sierra 10.12.6 latest
- Power Management (macbook pro 13.3 sppedshift cpu read Rehabman guide last method xcmp patch in clover below done)
- Full Graphics Acceleration
- NVMe SSD Storage
- Shutdown, Reboot
- Touchpad (works perfectly with different gestures)
- USB WIFI(I use USB Edimax EW-7811un)
- TrackPoint (I feel it makes jump) I will not work on it I use external mouse
- NME SSD with trim support (main boot)
- Brightness (work u need to add AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /Library/Extensions look at post install section )
- Sound AppleHDA Patched Realtech ac289sp4 through appleHDA Patcher (or through VoodoHDA manual switching bettwen headphone and speaker)
- I message work
- sleep resume (around 1% for every 3 or 4 hours think its better than windows in that)
- external monitor through usb3 to dual display adapter (displaylink.com product)
- USB (rehab man said its not fine even I can attach and detach to USB ports Flash disks)
- External Monitor (HDMI , DisplayPort) will not work as it is dedicated to Nvidia
- Nvidia quadro m1000m(config_nv.plist card seen as 8 mega ram but works fine I will stick with intel in that)
- WiFi (I use USB Edimax EW-7811un)
- Card Reader
- Thunder USBc port
- Facetime no camera yet
Not Tested :
What you will need:
- Update your machine BIOS to latest version (1.43 Mine)
- Turn off Secure Boot in BIOS !
- 8 GB USB thumb drives (GUID method from RehabMan link below also Unibeast works fine)
- macOS machine to work with
- Read the link below you will be fine (just make the installer and replace with my clover folder and you will be fine)
Don't forget to replace clover folder with below
or copy Kext and config.plist
install nothing more you need to do as every thing working through clover till now
I will try to update this post with fixes
Updated : always download this clover in post#1 other is just for fixing
- brightness now works thx to Rehabman post like charm
View attachment 271282
View attachment 271283
View attachment 271466
What is this? this is using software drivers to output data **through** a usb3.0 port. IT DOESNT COUNT AS A GPU OUTPUT. The outputs that we need arent some USB-driven ones, it's DP/HDMI/DVI. And from the schematics of this laptop, all of the outputs on the sides are hardwired to the dGPU (TB3 DP is connected to the dGPU, and then the HDMI is out from the TB3 port, yes confirmed from lenovo, the DP on the right is also hardwired to the dGPU).