Contribute
Register

Thinkpad p50 Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,
Thank for your help, I also have a P50.
as far as I tried the last dump BT is not working for me even if the controller seems to be up.
haven't investigate much about it.
any dump or sth can help maybe ?
Regards

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: A coherent statement of the problem is also required.

Hello Guys,
Thank for your help, I also have a P50.
as far as I tried the last dump BT is not working for me even if the controller seems to be up.
haven't investigate much about it.
any dump or sth can help maybe ?
Regards
If you're still using intel's card, you have to boot into Linux and hot boot to macos (without shutting down). This way the Bluetooth firmware is passed to macos. Macos can't load the intel's card firmware (correctly or fully) for some reason, the Bluetooth icon is there, but the mac address is wrong (showing 00-00-00...). I'm getting a DW1560 and i don't know if it's going to work but im hoping it (since someone on the 10.11 thread confirmed it).

If you're still using intel's card, you have to boot into Linux and hot boot to macos (without shutting down). This way the Bluetooth firmware is passed to macos. Macos can't load the intel's card firmware (correctly or fully) for some reason, the Bluetooth icon is there, but the mac address is wrong (showing 00-00-00...). I'm getting a DW1560 and i don't know if it's going to work but im hoping it (since someone on the 10.11 thread confirmed it).
@midi1996 sorry for the delay i`ve been busy with some other projects, i will upload and finnish the files before sunday evening and let you know for the changes that i did.

@midi1996 sorry for the delay i`ve been busy with some other projects, i will upload and finnish the files before sunday evening and let you know for the changes that i did.
No problem dude, I wasnt able to do anything more on macOS since I had a load of work ahead of me, so I stopped messing with it for the time being. You're welcome for your help and you can post it anytime you're free.

The someone in question was probably me. Wifi is still working for me now in High Sierra, but I've yet to get Bluetooth working. Haven't tried much yet, tho (I just had Rehabman's BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and BcrmFirmwareData.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/; haven't even tried installing anything to /Library/Extensions yet...). I'm still on BIOS version 1.39; haven't updated the BIOS in a while - I'm almost afraid to do so. :D

EDIT: Should note for the record while I'm here: getting Wifi working under High Sierra consisted of downloading FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, and AirportBcrmFixup.kext (and Lilu.kext, which I was already using for AppleALC.kext) per toleda's guide and dumping them into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It Just Worked.

Last edited:
The someone in question was probably me. Wifi is still working for me now in High Sierra, but I've yet to get Bluetooth working. Haven't tried much yet, tho (I just had Rehabman's BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and BcrmFirmwareData.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/; haven't even tried installing anything to /Library/Extensions yet...). I'm still on BIOS version 1.39; haven't updated the BIOS in a while - I'm almost afraid to do so. :D

EDIT: Should note for the record while I'm here: getting Wifi working under High Sierra consisted of downloading FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext, and AirportBcrmFixup.kext (and Lilu.kext, which I was already using for AppleALC.kext) per toleda's guide and dumping them into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It Just Worked.

Good to know, I'm on the latest version (1.48). I'll try and see if it works. it's sad that there are no bios mods available and apparently you would need an SPI programmer and some other tools.

*UPDATE*: So I got my DW1560 today and used it! I'm on 1.48 firmware version (latest as of the time of writing, no patching/modding) and it worked fine! What I used is AirportBrcmFuxup and BrcmBluetoothInjector injected with clover (with Lilu too). Worked fine. Although I haven't tested 5GHz but the System Information shows it's enabled (still needs to be tested). Handoff and other stuff work too. I plugged in my SATA HDD and it worked without any injector kext (or maybe because of the renaming...?). Anyways, it's working good so far. I havent been testing/adding anything lately (work and rl) :/ .
9qHskQS.png

227gUjZ.png

On another note: I reverted back to 10.12.6 because 10.13 had some serious graphical issues and glitches (it may just lock up when working on an Illustrator document, or even watching anything from time to time, so I either have to restart the computer or wait 15 minutes until WindowServer resets itself). I had a lot of glitches and weird lines when using GPU rendering on Illustrator and mostly any 3D intensive software (like Autocad, Archicad and even PS on some occasions), none of that showed on 10.12.x, I even fresh installed 10.13.x (I tried all the subversions) and it still have the same result.

I'm still getting that Intel Ethernet issue. I'll gather some logs later.

Last edited:
*UPDATE*: So I got my DW1560 today and used it! I'm on 1.48 firmware version (latest as of and it worked fine! What I used is AirportBrcmFuxup and BrcmBluetoothInjector injected with clover (with Lilu too). Worked fine. Although I haven't tested 5GHz but the System Information shows it's enabled (still needs to be tested). Handoff and other stuff work too. I plugged in my SATA HDD and it worked without any injector kext (or maybe because of the renaming...?). Anyways, it's working good so far. I havent been testing/adding anything lately (work and rl) :/ .
9qHskQS.png

227gUjZ.png
Excellent, hope you enjoy it.
Can you share and explain a bit on what clover patches and everything else that you have used and share your bluetoothinjector.kext so i can fix it on mine as well.

I do have DW1560 on my Lenovo ThinkPad L440 with:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kxt
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext

Everything works fine except HandOff & Universal Clipboard "semi working"
For example, if i have safari open on my Laptop when i open multitasking/app switcher on my iPhone 7 Plus i can see that safari is open on laptop and if i click on it it opens the pages that i have open on my laptop so conclusion:
HandOff:
1. Laptop to iPhone works perfect
2. iPhone to Laptop doesn't

Universal Clipboard:
1. Copy on laptop and paste on iPhone works
2. Copy on iPhone and the paste option doesn't show on Laptop.

Didn't have time to continue working on your files, however i believe we can fix your Display Output and HDMI/DP audio and Nvidia GPU with the lilu plugin NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/

Also if you manage to grab a codec dump on Linux, Ubuntu or whichever you use, i can make a Audio Injector for your Audio Codec instead of using AppleLPC if a input or output doesn't work correctly.

As soon as i get some free time to experiment, your P50 files are next.

Excellent, hope you enjoy it.
Can you share and explain a bit on what clover patches and everything else that you have used and share your bluetoothinjector.kext so i can fix it on mine as well.

I do have DW1560 on my Lenovo ThinkPad L440 with:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kxt
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext
You need to build yours from here: (or use the one I uploaded):
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

For BCM WiFi: https://sourceforge.net/projects/airportbrcmfixup/?source=navbar (get the release/debug or build your own, read the description to get it working)

Clover patches:
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11+-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>SIX/dEdIiwc=</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>Qb4PAAAA60Q=</data>
            </dict>

Everything works fine except HandOff & Universal Clipboard "semi working"
For example, if i have safari open on my Laptop when i open multitasking/app switcher on my iPhone 7 Plus i can see that safari is open on laptop and if i click on it it opens the pages that i have open on my laptop so conclusion:
HandOff:
1. Laptop to iPhone works perfect
2. iPhone to Laptop doesn't

Universal Clipboard:
1. Copy on laptop and paste on iPhone works
2. Copy on iPhone and the paste option doesn't show on Laptop.

Sorry, but I dont have any iPhones or macs at all. Although I can test with a friend's mac and phone, but idk what would the results be.

Didn't have time to continue working on your files, however i believe we can fix your Display Output and HDMI/DP audio and Nvidia GPU with the lilu plugin NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/

Already tried, no, it doesnt work. The requirments for WebDrivers to work correctly are: Native NVRAM (or emulated) - No iGPU - check WebDrivers=True in clover - NGFU + Lilu

I satisfied everything from that list, still not working (that's really sad).

Also if you manage to grab a codec dump on Linux, Ubuntu or whichever you use, i can make a Audio Injector for your Audio Codec instead of using AppleLPC if a input or output doesn't work correctly.

As soon as i get some free time to experiment, your P50 files are next.

Thanks, as soon as I fix my issue with Linux Mint, I'll try to dump you the codec, although as of now, everything works fine with AppleALC (outputs, inputs and even after sleep). I'm also quite surprised that I didnt need CodecCommander for the audio to work after sleep (idk what kind of black magic is happening there, but it's working). And send your files whenever you feel free, I'm also busy atm, but will test anything that comes up asap! Thanks again!

Edit: is there a way to enable the middle button on my trackpad? Not the jumpy trackpoint, but trackpad. Mine has 3 buttons like the trackpoint. Also, why is the trackpoint so jumpy?

Attachments

• BrcmPatchRAM-2.2.8-2018-02-27 08.22.00.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back