Contribute
Register

Thierry's First Build: “Mac Midi” GA-B75M-D3H / i3-3225 / 8GB / HD 4000 / Temjin TJ08-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
heya :) thanks, im curious about the score. i know the k is generally for OC but i dont really want to do that, just want the quad-core powerhorse

edit: do you have AirPlay Mirroring with this setup?

OK, finally figured out that I have to choose the fakesmc plugins in Multibeast then everything works in HWmonitor, except I get an erroneous "CPU Heatsink" temp of 201 celsius

heya :) thanks, im curious about the score. i know the k is generally for OC but i dont really want to do that, just want the quad-core powerhorse

edit: do you have AirPlay Mirroring with this setup?

I was only running it with the 32 bits version. (which, according to what I read on the forum, is not representative of the 64-bits processor that we have.)
I get about 7000 for the Geekbench. (it should be higher with 64-bits)

No, I don't have (yet?) the AirPlay mirroring.
I wish I had an AppleTV to test this feature. Must be really cool, to directly send the feed on the TV, for a movie, or for showing some pictures to the family.

OK, finally figured out that I have to choose the fakesmc plugins in Multibeast then everything works in HWmonitor, except I get an erroneous "CPU Heatsink" temp of 201 celsius

I'll have to try it also.
I installed it, yesterday, and was going back to you "hum... all is working for me, without doing any FakeSMC"
Then, I looked on the forum, and HWmonitor is giving a bit more than just the CPU temperature and HD temp. lol.
I guess, I am missing lots of info, to be read by HWmonitor. :lol:

ScreenShot409.jpg

What are your readings?

Mine does this as well. Obviously it's not reading that sensor (cause there isn't one) correctly.

You can uncheck that and any other sensors you don't want monitored.

That's what I did.

This is a solid OS X board.

edit:

My temps with this board and an i7 3770k with stock heatsink and fan. Fractal Core 1000 case and GT 640 video card. Single 120mm intake fan and no exhaust fan (besides PSU):

temps.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot.
I'll have to try to active in MultiBeast, in the future
But it's been 3 months that I am running without a glitch, and I don't really want to touch the install.
(maybe one time a frozen finder, when waking up, but nothing serious)

I had 3 crazy days, at the beginning, when something went wrong and I could not know what was the issue.

This reminds me, I'll do another clone tonight of the complete SSD. :mrgreen:

Little edit of the first post to add the GeekBench score (about 8200)

I confirmed that my HD4000 is managing my 2 screens (DVI + DVI on HDMI adapter)

And I still have this front fan, not turning at normal speed, but my temperatures are way below anything to worry. I will have to open it again. The new fan that they sent me, is just doing the same. I have to try to plug directly to the PSU, with a small adapter.

Screen Shot 2013-02-02 at 12.52.15 AM.png

And I still have this front fan, not turning at normal speed, but my temperatures are way below anything to worry. I will have to open it again. The new fan that they sent me, is just doing the same. I have to try to plug directly to the PSU, with a small adapter.

I finally took the time to open and check this front fan.
I got all answers, but not 100% satisfied.

It seems the SYS_FAN plug, on the motherboard, is delivering less than 12V
(maybe something I should check on the BIOS.)
And the front fan, needs 12V to run at low/high speed setting (700/1200rpm)

With a fan power adapter cable, I could deliver 12V directly from the power supply and the fan can run at 700 or 1200 rpm.

In the end, I realized it was still "noisy" for my silent room, at the 700rpm.

So, I plugged back on the motherboard.
It's now running on the setting "fast", but turning at around 600rpm. Inaudible. Perfect!
And the system is still cool enough, since I have an empty box, small i3-3225, no GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back