Contribute
Register

The Ultimate Low Cost Big Sur Hackintosh - Core i5 Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF

Here is the ACPI folder from mine
Screen Shot 13.jpg

This is what you have:

Screen Shot 12.jpg
Four missing SSDTs. Why ?

This isn't the EFI attached to post #3. Where did you get this from ?
It is, I did a little research on the matter about the pci thing and added AppleSMCIO = True...that's about the only thing I modified ? maybe I sen
Here is the ACPI folder from mine
View attachment 532457

This is what you have:

View attachment 532458 Four missing SSDTs. Why ?
that's odd. I'm not sure honestly. I could have sworn I copied the correct one over. There was a github guide I was following for this originally...the only thing I can think of is that I put the wrong one on my USB...man I feel like an idiot. I'm about to try the CORRECT EFI now.

I've made the installer using gibmacOS and mounted my EFI using mountEFI and using the EFI from this post and inserting my MAC address.
You had said 3 days ago you were using the EFI attached to post #3 above. I probably should have checked if that was true. This is why I tell people never to mix together different guides from multiple places on the internet. Leads to too much confusion.

Now, I'm getting this error.
Just copy over the complete EFI. That means you are using a different config.plist without the IntelMausi kext key.

Just copy over the complete EFI. That means you are using a different config.plist without the IntelMausi kext key.
I really need to thank you. I apologize if it's been a struggle and I've been a pain to deal with but really thank you. It's working just fine now. Currently installing.

Attachments

• PXL_20211029_031055500.jpg
    PXL_20211029_031055500.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
Glad to see it's working. :thumbup:

How to install osX Monterey in my Dell Optiflex 3020? Thanks!

How to install osX Monterey in my Dell Optiflex 3020? Thanks!
You'll want to use a newer OpenCore version, ideally 0.7.5 which isn't out till November.
I'm not upgrading to it anytime soon. Will take a lot of time and research to work it out.

If you want to try, note that iMac 15,1 won't work anymore with Monterey. Macmini7,1 is suggested if using iGPU HD4600. You'll also want to add your 3020 to your signature so we know what CPU and graphics you are using.

Important note: Any 3020 SFF owner that uses a non-native BT chipset should expect problems with Monterey. If you use a Samsung SSD as your boot drive, expect very slow boot times. Not all people with Samsung SSDs, but many are reporting this. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ime-with-monterey-12-0-1.316614/#post-2283463

I'd suggest that everyone wait until at least the .3 point update before even attempting an upgrade. Big Sur can do most everything that Monterey can and is a stable finished product. Keep using it for now.

Last edited:
Back