Contribute
Register

The Ultimate Low Cost Big Sur Hackintosh - Core i5 Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF

The HD4400 graphics don't work reliably with macOS and these 3020s.
Alright, that's what I read I'll keep the 4460 in their. I'm modifying the files now while I'm at work and will test them out later on and report back here.

Some of the 7020/9020 models would have Intel Mgt. Engine disabled if they were used by gov't agencies. This was for security purposes mainly. Not sure if Toys R Us would do that. I know that disabling Intel ME would prevent the iGPU from working properly. Why don't you reinstall the GT 710 and try the HDMI output on that and boot the install USB again.
Okay, I can give that a try after I add the boot arg for safe mode. Do I add the -x before the first line and after the line to "add it" ?

Attachments

• PXL_20211028_150046278~2.jpg
    PXL_20211028_150046278~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Okay, I can give that a try after I add the boot arg for safe mode. Do I add the -x before the first line and after the line to "add it" ?
You can add it anywhere in the sequence of boot args. You don't need two -v to boot verbose. Remove one.

You can add it anywhere in the sequence of boot args. You don't need two -v to boot verbose. Remove one.
I removed the -x and the second -v And added the 710 back and still won't boot in.

This is a tad frustrating at this point to be honest.

I removed the -x and the second -v And added the 710 back and still won't boot in.

This is a tad frustrating at this point to be honest.
I'm assuming you are trying with Big Sur. If not which version ? Also you can upload your EFI for me to check it over. I'll see if anything is out of place.

I'm assuming you are trying with Big Sur. If not which version ? Also you can upload your EFI for me to check it over. I'll see if anything is out of place.
I am trying Big Sur. I'll drop the EFI for you.

Attachments

• EFI MAC.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 62
Back