Contribute
Register

The "Official" C612 (aka lets built the machine Apple never gave us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i started from scratch, once more =)
but I did not copy the config file from the guide before, but used the default one from Clover install.

IMG_3327.JPG

It´s kinda the same result with DSMOS ...
but now I use a actually mac GFX card ^^

When booting in safe mode, then it reboots at PCI configuration begin / end / begin messages.

suggestions ?

Last edited:
So I used the DSDT.aml from the supermicro bord on HP Z840 and ... well... I can see the installer =)

So I used the DSDT.aml from the supermicro bord on HP Z840 and ... well... I can see the installer =)
I've got a z840 and have been searching through these forums endlessly. I haven't had much luck getting anywhere and noticed you did. Any chance I could trouble you for help?

image.jpeg
Well i have got this far.

Still some issues. Im using the dsdt from @metacollin s x10 supermicro bord . (Probably not wise)

The key is the bios settings.
I use Autodesks that they use for RedHat os.

View attachment 206132 Well i have got this far.

Still some issues. Im using the dsdt from @metacollin s x10 supermicro bord . (Probably not wise)

The key is the bios settings.
I use Autodesks that they use for RedHat os.
Looks awesome. Would love to catch up and help. Can you point me to what you used to set up the drive, the kexts, the boot options.

A tutorial of the like that got you that far?

Dont think it will help much, as I have stopped up at the GPU.

So basically i followed this guide, but I stopped at the Clover config, where I used the default settings, and then added all the settings @metacollin mentioned in the posts at page 3.

The key, as mentioned before is to update the Bios to 2.20, and use Autodesk´s flame bios settings file.
as the EFI Patch file i use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi , instead of Test2.efi

For storage we need to add the AstekFusion2Adapter/Family kext files,

Dont think it will help much, as I have stopped up at the GPU.

So basically i followed this guide, but I stopped at the Clover config, where I used the default settings, and then added all the settings @metacollin mentioned in the posts at page 3.

The key, as mentioned before is to update the Bios to 2.20, and use Autodesk´s flame bios settings file.
as the EFI Patch file i use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi , instead of Test2.efi

For storage we need to add the AstekFusion2Adapter/Family kext files,
Sorry, where did you get OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and the kexts? Is it in a package?
Anyway you can dd an image of your USB drive to share? I can most likely help get past the nvidia stuff once I get there.

Hey @snookie

first ,
follow the guide.
until they ask to replace the clover config, with the attached config to the guide.

second,
use @metacollin ´s settings at page 3 , be sure to add the kernel patches, exactly like the post. Remember the FakeLPC in Acpi.

third,
add the DSDT File, is from the Supermicro DSDT that @metacollin shared,
put that in the ACPI / patched folder on you're installer USB.

forth,
The kext, i did google all the kexts from the guide from step one, and the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
to get the latest one, ( you will find them )

fifth,
If you are using the internal LSI Raid card, then you must add AstekFusion2Adapter , and AstekFusion2Family kexts.
you can skip this, if you open the HP Machine, and move the SATA Cabels, from the lover line, to the top line next to PCI-E port 5/4

sixth,
Go to HP .com and grab the latest HP Z840 Bios,
install that, and then use the attached HPSetup.txt to change the Bios settings accordingly.

seventh,
you should be able to boot and install now.

----------------------------------- What I'm missing.

1. GFX
Im stuck at Nvidia drivers, because of we are using M4000 and M6000 24 GB, cards, so I belive it´s because of the Nvidia Web Driver, that I get either Black Screen, or panic reboot.

2. Storage
Im missing the PCI-E M.2 Drive ( HP Z Turbo drive).

3. FiberChannel
I have a Attotech FC card in the machine, that does not show, ( it have been used in a MacPro, where it works)

Possible more fun.
I Also attached the origin.zip, this is the DSDT Dump of the HP Z840,
if we can manage to "translate" that, then we should be getting the full power of the HP Z840 in no time.

Attachments

• HpSetup.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 326
  • origin.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 144
Hey @snookie

first ,
follow the guide.
until they ask to replace the clover config, with the attached config to the guide.

second,
use @metacollin ´s settings at page 3 , be sure to add the kernel patches, exactly like the post. Remember the FakeLPC in Acpi.

third,
add the DSDT File, is from the Supermicro DSDT that @metacollin shared,
put that in the ACPI / patched folder on you're installer USB.

forth,
The kext, i did google all the kexts from the guide from step one, and the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
to get the latest one, ( you will find them )

fifth,
If you are using the internal LSI Raid card, then you must add AstekFusion2Adapter , and AstekFusion2Family kexts.
you can skip this, if you open the HP Machine, and move the SATA Cabels, from the lover line, to the top line next to PCI-E port 5/4

sixth,
Go to HP .com and grab the latest HP Z840 Bios,
install that, and then use the attached HPSetup.txt to change the Bios settings accordingly.

seventh,
you should be able to boot and install now.

----------------------------------- What I'm missing.

1. GFX
Im stuck at Nvidia drivers, because of we are using M4000 and M6000 24 GB, cards, so I belive it´s because of the Nvidia Web Driver, that I get either Black Screen, or panic reboot.

2. Storage
Im missing the PCI-E M.2 Drive ( HP Z Turbo drive).

3. FiberChannel
I have a Attotech FC card in the machine, that does not show, ( it have been used in a MacPro, where it works)

Possible more fun.
I Also attached the origin.zip, this is the DSDT Dump of the HP Z840,
if we can manage to "translate" that, then we should be getting the full power of the HP Z840 in no time.
I want to thank you for taking the time to put that together for me. I carry quite a bit on my shoulders and haven't been able to give this a shot.

I'm looking forward to trying with your helpful instructions and helping you along. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back