Contribute
Register

The "Official" C612 (aka lets built the machine Apple never gave us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling on Stinga11... any possibility of creating a patch for the C612 chipset like you did for the X99 chipset? Or should the X99 patch for Haswell-E work also for the C612? Is Clover's HaswellE patch the same or equivalent to your X99 patch?

Thanks in advance.

The Haswell-E patch should work for Xeon Socket 2011-3 CPUs too.

Thanks Tony, I'll give it a shot later today.

I had previously been using a version of TSCSync modified for 28 threads (HT off) as I was under the impression OSX had a built in cap of 32...

I've been running windows 10 on this box for the last couple weeks and while it is quite fast, the lack of prores encoding is a dealbreaker.

Has anybody got El Capitan working smoothly on a C612 mainboard?

I am gonna place an order for the 7048A-T with a single 2687W(not rich enuf for a second cpu at the moment but def gonna upgrade later). comes with X10Dai and I was wondering if the Voodo patch for 6/8 core can work on the 10 core as well. or is there a diff one needed?

my plan B was X99-E WS and 5960X but i figured i cant grow much nd cant use ECC ram since am trying to setup a hardcore resolve workstation by adding parts within the next 6 months - extra xeon, quadro and another 64gb ram.

thanks for all guidance in advance.

cheers

I just purchased a C602 motherboard (Z9PE-D8 WS), because C612 still looks iffy. I'm about to get the CPUs. I've been trying to help you C612 peeps, but I am no PikerAlpha or such; there's a lot I don't know! At least you two are going to have that same Supermicro board now. I hope it works well.

From what I know of it, you will not have an issue with the VoodooTSC, but there could be some other issue with Speedstep compatibility, PCI-e wrt graphics, Analogo's mysterious problem, etc. I still haven't had a chance to look at the Asus DSDT that was uploaded recently. With any luck you won't need changes on the SuperMicro.

I currently have the below items, and want to know...will This spec work:

Motherboard - Supermicro X10DRG-F+
Chassis - Supermicro SC747TQ w/dual 1600 WATT PSU's
Processor - 2 Intel Xeon E5-2699 V3
RAM - 128GiB 2133MHz DDR4 ECC RAM
HDD - 1 400GiB PCIe NVMe Intel 750 Pro SSD (Main OS)
HDD - 4 400GiB 2.5" NVMe Intel 750 Pro SSD (Scrach, Storage, etc)
RAID - Adaptec 81605ZQ RAID Controller (Data)
Graphics - NVidia Quadro K4200
NVMe PCIe Controller - Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2E4 PCIe 4x Card
Thunderbolt II Controller - TBT-DSL5320 Card

I'm sure most of these components won't work, but I want to give it a try. Thanks.

Actually as of 10.11.4 a few of the main c612 obstacles have been removed (PCI register max size being the big one). I've been struggling to get my X10DRG-Q build running for a while (September 2015).

After months of running windows, thanks to the work of Brumbauer and several others at IM in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312245-5960x-successfully-installed-under-el-capitan-10113/

I've been able to boot 10.11.5 successfully. I've been on the road ever since, but I'll be picking up with this build this weekend. As of now All 28 cores are recognized, along with 128GB of DDR4 ECC.

The K4200 should be covered by the nVidia web drivers, but I'm not sure about the Adaptec RAID controller. If there are drivers available it should be fine, I've just had better results with Atto. I haven't had any experience with the SM NVMe or TB controllers, but I'd be interested to hear your experience as I'm eventually going to add the TB Controller to my build.

Thanks for the reply. How is the performance of your system? Thanks again.

GB over 41k, without any overclocking. Hoping to get a bit more with tuning, Win10 hits 58k. Until I sort out the web driver I'm not really bothering with Cinebench, but I have high hopes.

We are very close to a smoothly running c612 hackintosh I believe. I'd like to report a successful boot and install of 10.11.5 as well. I am using a Supermicro X10-DAI motherboard, and dual Xeon 2690v4 CPUs (engineering samples no less, for Hard Mode hackintoshing), GTX 960 GPU. Currently attempting to get power management/speedstep/turbo working. I don't think the SSDTs I generated work correctly, I may need to patch the DSDT.

Supermicro puts CPUs under \_SB.SCKx.CPxx. Where SCKx is SCK0-4, I presume socket 0-4 (does the C612 support quad CPUs too? Odd, regardless). Same with its SSDTs. And, strangely, the number of sockets/CPUs does not reflect what is installed, but always yields the maximum. This might be a quirk of using engineering samples, I am not sure.

Anyway, I'll report back here once I convince OS X to power manage some broadwell xeons. Should be easy, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back