Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone still having "Channel Exception" and other freeze types; I recommend you try disabling your internal graphics card in the bios. I had intermittent problems with my 650ti since day one; some drivers seemed better than others, but I always ended up having random freezes with flashing screen and such... Especially when using FinalCut Pro X.

Since the day I disabled the internal GPU (Intel HD 4000) in the bios, all problems have been gone, for 2+ weeks now. Not sure if it's definitive, but it sure helped so far!

Hope it helps someone else too!

Hi Folks,

thank you for this great thread and community here. It helped me a lot until now, especially the post of aaron97 how to install my new Gigabyte GeForceGTX 650 Ti 2GB. It worked instantly!

I'm running it on my Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with an Intel i5-3570K (OC @4,2GHz) and 8Gigs 1600MHz DDR3 RAM.
There are 2 monitors connected to the graphics card. One Dell 27" (2560x1440) via DVI-D and one BenQ 22" (1680x1050) via an HDMI->VGA adapter. Basically it works very well, but when I go to sleep and wake it up again, the second screen (BenQ) won't wake up everytime. Sometimes it works and sometimes I only get the main screen (Dell) back, the BenQ stays black. I have to plug it out and in on the graphics card to bring it back to life.

Does someone know how to solve this issue since it worked 100% on my previous HD 4000 setup – without the GTX 650 Ti installed.
My system definition is „iMac 13.1“. Btw: what is the system definition for exactly? Only for the image in the „About This Mac“ screen?

Thx!

Hi Folks,

thank you for this great thread and community here. It helped me a lot until now, especially the post of aaron97 how to install my new Gigabyte GeForceGTX 650 Ti 2GB. It worked instantly!

I'm running it on my Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with an Intel i5-3570K (OC @4,2GHz) and 8Gigs 1600MHz DDR3 RAM.
There are 2 monitors connected to the graphics card. One Dell 27" (2560x1440) via DVI-D and one BenQ 22" (1680x1050) via an HDMI->VGA adapter. Basically it works very well, but when I go to sleep and wake it up again, the second screen (BenQ) won't wake up everytime. Sometimes it works and sometimes I only get the main screen (Dell) back, the BenQ stays black. I have to plug it out and in on the graphics card to bring it back to life.

Does someone know how to solve this issue since it worked 100% on my previous HD 4000 setup – without the GTX 650 Ti installed.
My system definition is „iMac 13.1“. Btw: what is the system definition for exactly? Only for the image in the „About This Mac“ screen?

Thx!
I'm glad I was able to help. First of all update to 10.8.3, it includes newer drivers and doesn't need any tweaking like 10.8.2 needed. Also change your system def. back to Mac Pro 3,1 unless theirs some specific reason why you need to run it as a imac. The system definition can affect a lot of things like sleep, cpu throttling, and airplay. It's likely this could fix your problem.

I'm glad I was able to help. First of all update to 10.8.3, it includes newer drivers and doesn't need any tweaking like 10.8.2 needed. Also change your system def. back to Mac Pro 3,1 unless theirs some specific reason why you need to run it as a imac. The system definition can affect a lot of things like sleep, cpu throttling, and airplay. It's likely this could fix your problem.

That did the trick! I thought I always needed the newest system definitions so I used iMac 13,2.
But it just works with Mac Pro 3,1!

Thx aaron97!

I've been using the 650 Ti for about 2 months (since mid-Feb.), and it has some sleep issues. I haven't gotten around to asking, but now I am, haha! Has anyone had the issue where the fan is running on the Ti even when the rest of the computer is asleep? I'm planning on selling this Ti and getting a Boost or newly supported Radeon 7xxx series card, but if I get this fixed I may keep it.
Thanks,
Ian

I've been using the 650 Ti for about 2 months (since mid-Feb.), and it has some sleep issues. I haven't gotten around to asking, but now I am, haha! Has anyone had the issue where the fan is running on the Ti even when the rest of the computer is asleep? I'm planning on selling this Ti and getting a Boost or newly supported Radeon 7xxx series card, but if I get this fixed I may keep it.
Thanks,
Ian
Are you sure your computer is really sleeping? And not that it's just the display going to sleep? Will it turn off if you manually sleep it?

I've just got my gigabyte gtx650ti 1gb card, and it works oob with GE=no and ML 10.8.3. This one is to replace the HD6870 1gb sapphire card. for now I'm using it on my old build with GA-P55A-UD3 mobo with i5-760 cpu. Just noticed that cinebench is about 32 with the gtx, and was about 45 with the ATI one. And is suppose to be better because I've checked with an old GT430 fermi card and cinebench is about 28. I've tried changing sysdefs but always got worse scoring, best for now with that value is 11.3 or 5.1.
I'll try soon with an IB build with a GA-Z77x-UD5H with 3770k cpu. I think it would be better at least for PCIE 3.0
What should I do? :beachball::beachball::beachball:

I've just got my gigabyte gtx650ti 1gb card, and it works oob with GE=no and ML 10.8.3. This one is to replace the HD6870 1gb sapphire card. for now I'm using it on my old build with GA-P55A-UD3 mobo with i5-760 cpu. Just noticed that cinebench is about 32 with the gtx, and was about 45 with the ATI one. And is suppose to be better because I've checked with an old GT430 fermi card and cinebench is about 28. I've tried changing sysdefs but always got worse scoring, best for now with that value is 11.3 or 5.1.
I'll try soon with an IB build with a GA-Z77x-UD5H with 3770k cpu. I think it would be better at least for PCIE 3.0
What should I do? :beachball::beachball::beachball:
You really didn't upgrade much. In terms of gaming the 6870 is pretty close to the 650 ti. My guess is the narrow memory bus on the 650 ti is bottlenecking the card during cinebench. If your looking for a real improvement return the 650 ti and get either the boost verion or get a 670.

You really didn't upgrade much. In terms of gaming the 6870 is pretty close to the 650 ti. My guess is the narrow memory bus on the 650 ti is bottlenecking the card during cinebench. If your looking for a real improvement return the 650 ti and get either the boost verion or get a 670.

Got it, but I was surprised that the gtx650ti is closer to the old gt430 than the hd6870...scoring 32, 28 and 45 respectively...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back