Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

No sir, I was so blinded trying to fix my EFI that I didnt even tried his, so now that I completely copied his EFI folder everything is back to normal and working again... Wow I have been on this since Friday. Now I can finally use my hackintosh again.
Thanks!

#update

If you installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in your EFI/kexts/Other folder instead of installing it in /Library/Extensions/ and it's not working after reboot, you also need to put BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in EFI/kexts/Other provided in the first post. If you installed the kexts in /Library/Extensions/, the injector is not needed.

The only thing left for me is creating the USB injector. As you can see in the image, everything is routed under USB 3.1-bus which is not correct. @ModMike could you also provide the SSDT-UIAC.dsl?

Last edited:
View attachment 400826

The only thing left for me is creating the USB injector. As you can see in the image, everything is routed under USB 3.1-bus which is not correct. @ModMike could you also provide the SSDT-UIAC.dsl?
or create your own:

or use the hackintool:

Same problem here, I had my hackintosh working for months and months using the 0805 BIOS, and then I updated to 2401. Now I cannot even boot absolutely any Clover build no matter what I do. I even tried doing a fresh install, but I cant even boot to the install. Tried to roll back to 0805 but any BIOS version that I try it tells me: "selected file is not a proper bios". I'm stuck with 2401, can only use Windows at the moment...
I've replaced the EFI folder with the latest. Done this on multiple USB 2.0, 3.0 16GB keys, after building with Unibeast.
Added the EFI to a fat32 standalone 1GB USB key, same issue.
Re-flashed 2401 (since I had previously attempted to rollback, and version in BIOS was still showing 2401)
CMOS reset and tried with an AMD GPU and the EFI and settings mentioned at the start of the post, same issue.
I can start the install (HFS+ or APFS), after 2 minutes remaining appears, black screen, and boots back to clover. If I boot off the install media, it is like I am installing again for the first time. If I format or leave the drive as is (with ~952MB pushed to it from the installer from prior attempt) it still starts a new installation, then reboots after "2 minutes remaining".

I see a message about superIO at boot, not sure it is related, but I hear about people turning this off in other variants of the STRIX z390. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable SuperIO / Serial IO in the z390-I BIOS?

#update

If you installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in your EFI/kexts/Other folder instead of installing it in /Library/Extensions/ and it's not working after reboot, you also need to put BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in EFI/kexts/Other provided in the first post. If you installed the kexts in /Library/Extensions/, the injector is not needed.

Hello, thanks for the suggestion

I just tried, however, and it's not changing anything for me, with either BrcmFirmwareRepo/BrcmFirmwareData in EFI/kexts/Other with BrcmBluetoothInjector.

:(

From the boot.log, it seems like all the kexts are loaded correctly but Bluetooth is still not available within Macos.

Hmmm, I am starting to read up about the whole USBInjectAll + Custom SSDT + Hackintool thing, in order to maybe fix my USB configuration preventing Bluetooth from working... (my USB did stop working completely at login, just before being stuck without Bluetooth detected inside macOS)

@ModMike, before investing time in this, do you think I have to do this to activate Bluetooth using you EFI method ?

Thank you

Hmmm, I am starting to read up about the whole USBInjectAll + Custom SSDT + Hackintool thing, in order to maybe fix my USB configuration preventing Bluetooth from working... (my USB did stop working completely at login, just before being stuck without Bluetooth detected inside macOS)

@ModMike, before investing time in this, do you think I have to do this to activate Bluetooth using you EFI method ?

Thank you
Try install all these kexts with kextbeast in /Library/Extensions/ dir:

- AirportBrcmFixup.kext
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

AND your clover EFI dir (just copy paste), and reboot. First I had all the kext installed only in EFI dir. Bluetooth was showing properly in system information but I could not find any bluetooth devices. I also noticed that when using kextstat command BrcmPatchRAM2.kext was not loaded. After installing the kexts in /Library/Extensions/, the kexts where loaded and I finally found bluetooth devices.

Back