Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Well, I have no idea why but I entered in Windows disk, checked to have last driver of broadcom bluetooth from the system preference, deactivated and activated the Bluetooth device, even if it was already activated and now under OS X it sees other devices and continuity is working. Before I restarted many times without any luck

HOWEVER, even if file transferring is working, if I connect headphones music is stuttering. With the previous hackintosh I used a cheap USB dongle, and it worked perfectly. So there is something wrong..

Max470, thank you for your feedback. I was just about to strip some patched files but it looks like there is no need now. Can you update your profile so I know what you building? Do you have a graphics card or are you using the built-in one only? Also, did you install a DW1560 WiFi card and if so does it work?
Hello ModMike,

Update: I have also used your installer with the integrated Graphics EFi bundle to install on an older INTEL NUC5i7RYB. macOS is running on Crucial M500 SSD 500GB, and Win10 is on an Intel NVMe 660. The only thing not working is the wireless, but Bluetooth works. Since I had Win10 already running, I had to fix the BCD, but now I have Clover boot working for both OS's. I do get a hangup on macOS launch occasionally, but rebooting the NUC resolves it. I am either getting the no OS found or the progress bar stalls close to 100%. Again, rebooting resolves. (May be temp issue.. monitoring it..)

Thought you might be curious to know that your build can be used on other systems. I will test it on a couple other systems. Have an ASUS ROG Maximus IX with NVIDIA graphics... I'll keep you posted.

As for my original build, mostly same component as you listed:
ASUS ROG Strix Z390. I Gaiming
CPU i7 8700k 6core 3.7GHz
2x 16 DR4 RAM
2x WD Black 500 gb NVME (one for OSX and one for Win10)
PowerColor Radeon RX580 8GB RAM (from Micro Center $25 cheaper than your brand)
I did not replace the WiFi adapter as I don't care about continuity as much.. Bluetooth seems to work with the stock adapter.
Case is a Thermaltake Core V21
wireless keyboard and mouse combo from DELL

Last edited:
Thanks, can't wait to do another with your build

Does USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C work in MacOS on this board?

Hi ModMike, I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this.

I've been going on this build for the last couple of days, unsuccessfully able to complete an installation. I've tried 2401 and 1201 BIOS (currently rolled back to this), as well as all the BIOS settings from your post, and your EFI folder. I've performed CMOS resets and Disk Utility formats of APFS and HFS. I only have an IGPU and I have not removed and replaced the onboard stock WiFi NGFF module.

I can get to the installer, it begins to install, the installer moves quickly, and within a minute or two it will reboot. Upon reboot, clover gives the option to boot off the NVMe drive that I attempted to install to, however if I choose this, I get a message that says "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I've attached the error during install, right before reboot.
IMG_0429.jpg

I'm using an HP branded NVMe 1TB drive, not sure the true vendor. I could swap another drive and test, I just wasn't sure if the errors above were due to my drive, or something misconfigured on my part.

Any idea what I might be missing?
Thanks!

Not sure if this is of any help to anyone, (I searched through here for Bluetooth and found a few people that had issues like mine but I didn't finish reading to see if anyone fixed their issues later on in the thread) but I had the issue of the DW1560 showing the Bluetooth icon and all, and saying connected whenever I connected a Magic Keyboard/TrackPad but whenever I unplugged them absolutely nothing, but I fixed it. The only Bluetooth-related kexts I have are in my "other" folder are:

AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmPatchRAM2

All Bluetooth, airdrop, and continuity problems solved.

Not sure if this is of any help to anyone, (I searched through here for Bluetooth and found a few people that had issues like mine but I didn't finish reading to see if anyone fixed their issues later on in the thread) but I had the issue of the DW1560 showing the Bluetooth icon and all, and saying connected whenever I connected a Magic Keyboard/TrackPad but whenever I unplugged them absolutely nothing, but I fixed it. The only Bluetooth-related kexts I have are in my "other" folder are:

AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmPatchRAM2

All bluetooth, airdrop, and continuity problems solved.

Those are the same files although I recently moved to using BrcmFirmwareRepo because it seems to work better, contrary to the instructions. Anyone still having problems can try to to put back BrcmFirmwareData to see if it helps the situation.

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

As you can see from my signature, I made a new build while following this thread very closely.

However, I cannot say that "everything works" quite yet. Bluetooth is the only thing that I just can't get to work for the life of me.

I have a Dell DW1560 m.2 card, and like some in this thread, I tried everything:

- install + first boot went great
- then replacing the EFI folder with the one from the USB (the one from dgpu build) helped make the bluetooth icon appear in the system information (although with firmware version c4096)
- that's when problems arose
- trying to pair bluetooth speakers failed (the speakers never appeared)
- my iphone appears in the bluetooth panel, but trying to pair it timed out
- I think that I got continuity working once but then it stopped
- so I tried to put BrcmFirmwareData instead of BrcmFirmwareStore in Other but rebooting took 10 minutes and then at the login screen, all the USB ports stopped working, forcing me to reboot
- after reboot, no more Bluetooth icon and no more information inside System Information
- I tried restoring BrcmFirmwareStore: same result, no bluetooth
- I tried putting the kexts inside L/E: nothing changed: not even information about the card appears inside the USB panel
- all other utilities show nothing about the card

All the while, Wifi works great.

I even tried to reinstall Macos with the same results after a while.

I'm just about to try installing windows 10 and try to update the card firmware from Windows.

Can anyone provide me with some pointers and/or help me in any way ?

Thanks again

Back