Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

As you can see from my signature, I made a new build while following this thread very closely.

However, I cannot say that "everything works" quite yet. Bluetooth is the only thing that I just can't get to work for the life of me.

I have a Dell DW1560 m.2 card, and like some in this thread, I tried everything:

- install + first boot went great
- then replacing the EFI folder with the one from the USB (the one from dgpu build) helped make the bluetooth icon appear in the system information (although with firmware version c4096)
- that's when problems arose
- trying to pair bluetooth speakers failed (the speakers never appeared)
- my iphone appears in the bluetooth panel, but trying to pair it timed out
- I think that I got continuity working once but then it stopped
- so I tried to put BrcmFirmwareData instead of BrcmFirmwareStore in Other but rebooting took 10 minutes and then at the login screen, all the USB ports stopped working, forcing me to reboot
- after reboot, no more Bluetooth icon and no more information inside System Information
- I tried restoring BrcmFirmwareStore: same result, no bluetooth
- I tried putting the kexts inside L/E: nothing changed: not even information about the card appears inside the USB panel
- all other utilities show nothing about the card

All the while, Wifi works great.

I even tried to reinstall Macos with the same results after a while.

I'm just about to try installing windows 10 and try to update the card firmware from Windows.

Can anyone provide me with some pointers and/or help me in any way ?

Thanks again

Can you please post your boot log? You can use Clover Configurator to generate it.

Did you try removing BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRam2 from others and installing in /L/E using KextBeast?

Make sure you repair permissions if you just copied them in before.

Check your firmware version, it’s clearly not updating properly.

Hi ModMike, I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this.

I've been going on this build for the last couple of days, unsuccessfully able to complete an installation. I've tried 2401 and 1201 BIOS (currently rolled back to this), as well as all the BIOS settings from your post, and your EFI folder. I've performed CMOS resets and Disk Utility formats of APFS and HFS. I only have an IGPU and I have not removed and replaced the onboard stock WiFi NGFF module.

I can get to the installer, it begins to install, the installer moves quickly, and within a minute or two it will reboot. Upon reboot, clover gives the option to boot off the NVMe drive that I attempted to install to, however if I choose this, I get a message that says "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I've attached the error during install, right before reboot.
View attachment 400439
I'm using an HP branded NVMe 1TB drive, not sure the true vendor. I could swap another drive and test, I just wasn't sure if the errors above were due to my drive, or something misconfigured on my part.

Any idea what I might be missing?
Thanks!

Any progress?

I had the same problem regarding to the BCM94352 bluetooth (High Sierra). What I did 2 make it work is install:

- AirportBrcmFixup.kext
- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

with kextbeast to System/Library/Extensions/. (Should also work in EFI dir).
Then install USBInjectAll.kext and Lilu.kext in EFI dir.

UsbInjectAll.kext is temporary use, you should create a custom injector.

Last edited:
I had the same problem regarding to the BCM94352 bluetooth (High Sierra). What I did 2 make it work is install:

- AirportBrcmFixup.kext
- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

with kextbeast to System/Library/Extensions/. (Should also work in EFI dir).
Then install USBInjectAll.kext and Lilu.kext in EFI dir.

UsbInjectAll.kext is temporary use, you should create a custom injector.

Never install anything in S/L/E. disregard the entire post above, everything mentioned is already there.

Any progress?
Unfortunately in the same boat with a secondary 1GB USB key, fat32, diskpart-formatted/partitioned with your EFI folder.

Step 3 in your BIOS Config says "Check the BIOS version and update it if it is not the latest one". Could you confirm which version? Latest = 2401(2019/04/11), then 2411(2019/04/10), 2203, 2012.

I am on 2401 at the moment.

Quick update from my build:

Installed an i5-9600K and a Sapphire Vega 64. Works flawlessly in 10.14.5 Beta 2 using iMac19,1 SMBIOS. Didn’t have to do anything else regarding the GPU, since 10.14.5 finally supports Vega cards.

Can you please post your boot log? You can use Clover Configurator to generate it.

Did you try removing BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRam2 from others and installing in /L/E using KextBeast?

Make sure you repair permissions if you just copied them in before.

Check your firmware version, it’s clearly not updating properly.

Hello and thank you so much for following up !

I have currently restored everything as it was (just like your EFI folder, with the 2 kexts inside `Others).
I have uploaded the current `bootlog.txt`as extracted from Clover Configurator. I have also uploaded screenshots, showing the current situation with nothing detected in the USB panel and Bluetooth showing "not available" and "no information found". So right now, I have no firmware version to look at, at all... :-|

I did try to put all the kext in /L/E and run `sudo kextcache -i /`. I had to disable the System Integrity Protection in order to get the kexts accepted. I did not do a permissions repair however. How do I go about to do that ?

(I am trying to run Mojave by the way, so repairing permissions is not just using diskutil, is it ?)

Thanks again and hope to hear from you all.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 92
  • noinformationfound.png
    noinformationfound.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 54
  • notavailable.png
    notavailable.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 62
  • nousb.png
    nousb.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Unfortunately in the same boat with a secondary 1GB USB key, fat32, diskpart-formatted/partitioned with your EFI folder.

Step 3 in your BIOS Config says "Check the BIOS version and update it if it is not the latest one". Could you confirm which version? Latest = 2401(2019/04/11), then 2411(2019/04/10), 2203, 2012.

I am on 2401 at the moment.
Same problem here, I had my hackintosh working for months and months using the 0805 BIOS, and then I updated to 2401. Now I cannot even boot absolutely any Clover build no matter what I do. I even tried doing a fresh install, but I cant even boot to the install. Tried to roll back to 0805 but any BIOS version that I try it tells me: "selected file is not a proper bios". I'm stuck with 2401, can only use Windows at the moment...

Same problem here, I had my hackintosh working for months and months using the 0805 BIOS, and then I updated to 2401. Now I cannot even boot absolutely any Clover build no matter what I do. I even tried doing a fresh install, but I cant even boot to the install. Tried to roll back to 0805 but any BIOS version that I try it tells me: "selected file is not a proper bios". I'm stuck with 2401, can only use Windows at the moment...
Did you download the latest EFI folder from the first page? There’s an RTC fix in the config.plist that works with the ITX board. There is also a post in this thread @ModMike did detailing a method to roll back the BIOS if you are out of other options

Back