Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I just fresh installed Big Sur 11.3 with one of the EFI attachment from the posts from last 4-5 pages. One of them made me reach Installer (while others didn't work), and I just kept it. I have Dell DW1560. After I install, the Wi-Fi wasn't working, so I found a tutorial that I need to remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext, and add
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,28,5/0,0</string>
                <key>compatible</key>
                <string>pci14e4,4353</string>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Network controller</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter</string>
            </dict>
So after that it started working, but Bluetooth still not working at all. And as a result continuity, airdrop, etc., not working. Anyone can help me with this? Seems like everything else (at least that is important to me) is working fine.

P.S.: Bluetooth was working fine on Catalina with the kexts that ModMike had attached for Catalina. Also tried that kexts (cause I have backup of my Catalina setup), but didn't work either

UPD: I guess I fixed it. What I did was just added UsbInjectAll kext and Bluetooth was recognized. Continuity also works. Not sure if that's correct way cause I'm not too much experienced but as far as it works I'm fine

Attachments

• EFI-wifi-works-no-bluetooth.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I just fresh installed Big Sur 11.3 with one of the EFI attachment from the posts from last 4-5 pages. One of them made me reach Installer (while others didn't work), and I just kept it. I have Dell DW1560. After I install, the Wi-Fi wasn't working, so I found a tutorial that I need to remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext, and add
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,28,5/0,0</string>
                <key>compatible</key>
                <string>pci14e4,4353</string>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Network controller</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter</string>
            </dict>
So after that it started working, but bluetooth still not working at all. And as a result continuity, airdrop, etc not working. Anyone can help me with this? Seems like everything else (at least that is important to me) is working fine.

P.S.: Bluetooth was working fine on Catalina with the kexts that ModMike had attached for Catalina. Also tried that kexts (cause I have backup of my Catalina setup), but didn't work either

UPD: I guess I fixed it. What I did was just added UsbInjectAll kext and blietooth was recognized. Continuity also works. Not sure if that's correct way cause I'm not too much experienced but as far as it works I'm fine
Mapping your USB ports is what was (is) needed to make Bluetooth work as its dependent.
the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553

Mapping your USB ports is what was (is) needed to make Bluetooth work as its dependent.
the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553
Yeah, I now understand that Bluetooth is kinda recognized as USB device. But I haven't mapped all ports as in tutorial. I just added USBInjectAll.kext, then reboot and it just started working. Maybe UsbPorts.kext I have is already fine for my setup. Thanks anyway, I used one of your EFI folder that you sent to other member few pages ago.

But I guess I will find some time later to finish that guide just to keep things in correct way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I now understand that Bluetooth is kinda recognized as USB device. But I haven't mapped all ports as in tutorial. I just added USBInjectAll.kext, then reboot and it just started working. Maybe UsbPorts.kext I have is already fine for my setup. Thanks anyway, I used one of your EFI folder that you sent to other member few pages ago.

If sleep works and you have the ports working you want then you should be okay, mapping ports is easy, and, yes, Bluetooth requires a functioning properly configured USB port.

Repairing Kext Permissions
I have updated the macOS Big Sur 11.3 release yesterday. Unfortunately, my all USB cannot work... Is there anyone who has the same issue?
I have the same issue, not sure what the solution is. I tried repairing kext permissions but it didn't help :(

Yeah, I had the same problem and I use the OC bootloader provided by ModMike. But after I manually remapped the USB port, it returned to normal. Also, the system can sleep normally.
Thank you, is works like a charm.

Would you be able to share your build? I'm having problems with my USB-C / 3 ports on the same build. I have no idea how to map the USB ports myself.

Don't forget to change your `PlatformInfo` to match your own system. The USB kext is: `OC/Kexts/USBMap.kext` if that's all you want. I have been using it every day, for 12 hours per day compiling Chromium and working, watching movies, 3D-Printing, etc, since I last posted on this site. No side effects as people were saying.

I used `BCM94352Z DW1560` wifi card (I replaced the original one that came with the board)

What works (OpenCore 0.66):
Big Surr
Airpods
Handoff
Continuity
Bluetooth
Wifi
Ethernet
Webcam
Audio over DisplayPort, HDMI, USB, and 3.5mm jack
Microphone via Webcam, USB, and 3.5mm jack.
USB Debugging in Xcode
All USB ports: USB2, USB3, USB-C.
Sleep/Wake
Power Management
iGPU (with and without a dGPU)
dGPU (with QuickSync if the iGPU is set to the headless connector. dGPU is required for Netflix due to DRM.. unless using Chrome or other browsers which has Widevine :D)
AirPlay mirroring with iPad Pro 11" 2020.
AirPlay mirroring with AirPlay devices.
Side-Car
Siri, Location Services, iMessage, iCloud.
Printers over Bonjour, Wifi, Bluetooth.
Connect to Airpods when nearby or playing sound. Pauses when removed.

Zero crashes, zero issues, no corruption of anything at all. All dmesg and system messages are perfectly fine. I've monitored everything, every single day... but don't take my word for it, try it for yourself, then report back if you want :) I happened to see your message today as I was on ******'s hackintosh forum where someone was discussing USBToolbox (beta) and the XHCIPortLimit thing, then decided to check here to see if anyone else did it.

1619980211329.png

1619980317826.png

1619978273451.png
1619978334917.png
1619978406280.png
1619978453779.png
1619978516477.png
1619978588972.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 2.06.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 2.12.14 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Do I need this card?
6C64F073-C5F5-473C-894D-3BF50606BC0E.png

Do I need this card?
View attachment 517266

Good cards and they work to get you native bluetooth and wireless (as long as your USB ports are properly configured). The progress in the OpenIntelWireless initiative means you don't actually need it unless you want it, you can get wireless and bluetooth using these kexts.
Wireless speeds are still being improved and not all wireless standards are supported. The other downside is "Continuity" also isn't supported yet which you get with the replacement card.

Hey guys! I have used this guide before to get everything working. Recently, I moved from Clover to OpenCore to update to Big Sur. Now I have gotten *ALMOST* everything working... except for Sidecar. Yes, I have WiFi+Bluetooth, Airdrop, the App Store, everything!... but Sidecar.

I read somewhere that this might be related to graphics. More specifically, I read this: It turns out, I did have iGPU set to headless, but I needed to change a setting in my BIOS for the iGPU from Auto --> Enabled. Can someone explain what "having iGPU set to headless" means?

I currently use a dGPU (it's a RX 5700), and I had to add agdpmod=pikera to avoid a black screen after boot. Could this be related? Maybe I'm missing a boot-arg?

Any help would be much appreciated!

==EDIT==

One thing that I should add is that sidecar isn't working even when the iPad is wired.

Last edited:
Back