Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Since one or two weeks I've been experiencing a weird issue: while playing a video game, my screen turn to black, and I have no choice to hard reboot the PC. It seems to be link to the load and/or heat of my RX580. All my hardware is very well cooled and before it crashs my GPU core temp is around 75° so not so much for a GPU.

I update to the latest OC 0.6.8 and latest macOS 11.2.3. But, honestly, I think it won't want change anything.

Maybe I m wrong, and it comes from CPU not enough powered (it is little OC). But I haven't changed anything for 2 years, and it never happened before.
Could this have to do with dust collecting on the cooling elements or fan failure?

Could this have to do with dust collecting on the cooling elements or fan failure?
No, I started to check this first: all fans are spinning, dust is removed.
I have increase my VCORE from 1.260V to 1.3V, and I could played 2 hours without issues. Fingers crossed :D

Is anyone here who has been able to install Big Sur successfully without any hassle? I am asking because I have never tried to make an installation with @ModMike EFIs.

I have updated the macOS Big Sur 11.3 release yesterday. Unfortunately, my all USB cannot work... Is there anyone who has the same issue?

I have updated the macOS Big Sur 11.3 release yesterday. Unfortunately, my all USB cannot work... Is there anyone who has the same issue?
What boot loader are you using? Clover or Open Core and if its Open Core are you using one of ModMike's older uploads (there are some issues with how he has USB configured to correct)

I'm now at Catalina and Clover 5122, but want to update to Big Sur. It's not critical to me if it will be a fresh install or upgrade. I just want to ask from you guys if you could advice how to do it better.

I'm not too much expert in bootloaders, one time I tried to move from Clover to OpenCore, but I couldn't boot, so I gave up. EFI folders that are attached in first post also didn't work for me.

What is easier - fresh setup or upgrade?
1.If fresh setup - anyone can share a ready-to-use EFI folder where all the stuff like bluetooth, usb, audio, internet would work? I guess that's the most important thing - to have correct EFI setup. Everything else, like creating USB installer, etc is just easy, isn't it?
2. If upgrade - I assume it's preferred to move from Clover to OpenCore on Catalina first, and then upgrade somehow straight to Big Sur. Anyone can advice/assist on it with EFI folder for OpenCore on Catalina as well? And then will I have to adjust EFI OpenCore folder to upgrade to BigSur?

P.S. The only difference in my build is that I don't have external graphic card, and I have 9700k instead of 8700k, but by the time I made a build there were no any changes required in order to make ModMike's EFI folder working with my build.

I'm now at Catalina and Clover 5122, but want to update to Big Sur. It's not critical to me if it will be a fresh install or upgrade. I just want to ask from you guys if you could advice how to do it better.

I'm not too much expert in bootloaders, one time I tried to move from Clover to OpenCore, but I couldn't boot, so I gave up. EFI folders that are attached in first post also didn't work for me.

What is easier - fresh setup or upgrade?
1.If fresh setup - anyone can share a ready-to-use EFI folder where all the stuff like bluetooth, usb, audio, internet would work? I guess that's the most important thing - to have correct EFI setup. Everything else, like creating USB installer, etc is just easy, isn't it?
2. If upgrade - I assume it's preferred to move from Clover to OpenCore on Catalina first, and then upgrade somehow straight to Big Sur. Anyone can advice/assist on it with EFI folder for OpenCore on Catalina as well? And then will I have to adjust EFI OpenCore folder to upgrade to BigSur?

P.S. The only difference in my build is that I don't have external graphic card, and I have 9700k instead of 8700k, but by the time I made a build there were no any changes required in order to make ModMike's EFI folder working with my build.

Yeah, I had the same problem and I use the OC bootloader provided by ModMike. But after I manually remapped the USB port, it returned to normal. Also, the system can sleep normally.

Attachments

• OC.6.4-EFI-11.3.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I use ModMike OC with my own USB map and specific wifi card info, no issue on big sur except that I have that 'Update' volume that keeps mounting.

Yeah, I had the same problem and I use the OC bootloader provided by ModMike. But after I manually remapped the USB port, it returned to normal. Also, the system can sleep normally.
Thank you for the great work! Now, it can work 100%~

Back