Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I'm having issue with Bluetooth dropping out. Are these 2 ports supposed to be set to internal?

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.30.39 AM.png

I changed them to internal instead of USB3 but when I export the aml and put them in my EFI, the machine won't boot. Are the Hackintool AML files ready to use when exported?

Edit: Seems to be an antenna issue. Looks like it fell a few too many times and connector is loose on card. Teardown, sigh.....Still would like a confirmation of above setting.

Last edited:
Hi team,

I've got a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone experience any coil whine with this mobo or I'm the only one lucky?
2. I have a Broadcom module from another build, but it has a Key E slot, does it fit (image attached)?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 71w-6TrZS4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    71w-6TrZS4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi team,

I've got a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone experience any coil whine with this mobo or I'm the only one lucky?
2. I have a Broadcom module from another build, but it has a Key E slot, does it fit (image attached)?

thanks in advance
Can't answer your question regarding coil whine but I don't think your wireless card will fit. If you are going to purchase a new card do yourself a favor and buy one linked below, no drivers needed, recognized natively. I attached a photo of the 1560 pin configuration for reference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083YXS7VF/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Attachments

• Dell 1560.png
    Dell 1560.png
    859.9 KB · Views: 35
Can't answer your question regarding coil whine but I don't think your wireless card will fit. If you are going to purchase a new card do yourself a favor and buy one linked below, no drivers needed, recognized natively. I attached a photo of the 1560 pin configuration for reference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083YXS7VF/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Hi,

thank you for your reply, friend.

I had this card on my previous AsRock z370 build and decided that it will be ok for my next Asus z390i build.

Just wanted to make sure before I’ll start to messing up with Asus z390i mobo.

thanks again, I’ll check your option.

Hi,

thank you for your reply, friend.

I had this card on my previous AsRock z370 build and decided that it will be ok for my next Asus z390i build.

Just wanted to make sure before I’ll start to messing up with Asus z390i mobo.

thanks again, I’ll check your option.
Its an unusual card and no one in this thread has reported using it. This thread has also been very quiet so I would not be surprised if this is the only answer you get. Hopefully it will work. If you have some extra $ I'd buy one of the cards I linked. I know in OpenCore the DW1560 card requires tweaking to work in Big Sur.

Thanks @ModMike for all the work. I've had my z390-I gaming config working for more than a year without any problem thanks to you, it differs from yours with just having a 1820A wifi card and rx580 graphic card. I'm still running 10.15.7 on clover but I won't bother you with that as I'm trying to move to opencore. while trying to move to opencore I made some changes to the BIOS (probably more than I should have) and now if I leave the WIFI enabled in the BIOS I can't boot, the apple logo shows, progress bar is moving to the far right, screen goes black and nothing, if I put the wifi disabled in the BIOS I have no issue starting and everything works appart from having fans going faster/slower every few seconds ! I did then try to revert to clover and have the same issue than with OC... so it seems that my BIOS setup are all screwed. Can you provide a full dump of your BIOS settings ? I did follow your first article BIOS setting but I can't boot on those so I must have something different hidden somewhere

Thanks @ModMike for all the work. I've had my z390-I gaming config working for more than a year without any problem thanks to you, it differs from yours with just having a 1820A wifi card and rx580 graphic card. I'm still running 10.15.7 on clover but I won't bother you with that as I'm trying to move to opencore. while trying to move to opencore I made some changes to the BIOS (probably more than I should have) and now if I leave the WIFI enabled in the BIOS I can't boot, the apple logo shows, progress bar is moving to the far right, screen goes black and nothing, if I put the wifi disabled in the BIOS I have no issue starting and everything works appart from having fans going faster/slower every few seconds ! I did then try to revert to clover and have the same issue than with OC... so it seems that my BIOS setup are all screwed. Can you provide a full dump of your BIOS settings ? I did follow your first article BIOS setting but I can't boot on those so I must have something different hidden somewhere
Hi @Blu3Box, its unlikely any changes you made to the BIOS, outside turning the Wireless/Bluetooth module off, would make any difference. There are minimal changes needed from default, all of which @ModMike lists on the first page. I've tried using an 1820A card in my Dell laptop and had the same result, failure to boot. What I've read of the card says it usually requires some patching in your config.plist to work, I've also read a guide that involved covering some of the contacts. Are you sure you didn't have some tweak in your configuration you forgot about to make it function?

Last edited:
Hi @Blu3Box, its unlikely any changes you made to the BIOS, outside turning the Wireless/Bluetooth module off, would make any difference. There are minimal changes needed from default, all of which @ModMike lists on the first page. I've tried using an 1820A card in my Dell laptop and had the same result, failure to boot. What I've read of the card says it usually requires some patching in your config.plist to work, I've also read a guide that involved covering some of the contacts. Are you sure you didn't have some tweak in your configuration you forgot about to make it function?
Thanks @Leesureone, I had no issue with my WiFi/BT before, worked like a charm with my config, I've not changed my clover setting and pretty much copied back my backup EFI but I did update the kext to latest version which could be the issue, I'll recheck those, everything else is the same except bios. I'll try a full reset and start again.

[Edit: I've done a reset of my BIOS... and it works now. It makes no sense but at least now I have again a stable config, and I can try again to move to OC.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Leesureone, I had no issue with my WiFi/BT before, worked like a charm with my config, I've not changed my clover setting and pretty much copied back my backup EFI but I did update the kext to latest version which could be the issue, I'll recheck those, everything else is the same except bios. I'll try a full reset and start again.

[Edit: I've done a reset of my BIOS... and it works now. It makes no sense but at least now I have again a stable config, and I can try again to move to OC.]
That's great, could be you needed to rest the NVRAM, glad its working again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back