Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hey stranger, here is @trankilou version. I don't have that board around anymore... #4,376

I couldn't get wiFi to work with the version you linked. After dissecting it I saw it was my EFI config.plist, as in it matched to the character.

I used my original EFI, added 2 sections and also compiled all the latest kexts for it. I am now running OC 0.6.3 with no issues. I need to do some clean up and then I will post it to the guide, which also needs to be updated.

I am planning to discontinue Clover completely because it has become a major pain. It also helps that the group making OC also make some of the most important kexts so that re-assures me.

Going to install Big Sur, wish me luck!

I couldn't get wiFi to work with the version you linked. After dissecting it I saw it was my EFI config.plist, as in it matched to the character.

I used my original EFI, added 2 sections and also compiled all the latest kexts for it. I am now running OC 0.6.3 with no issues. I need to do some clean up and then I will post it to the guide, which also needs to be updated.

I am planning to discontinue Clover completely because it has become a major pain. It also helps that the group making OC also make some of the most important kexts so that re-assures me.

Going to install Big Sur, wish me luck!
That’s what @trankilou said, it was from your dGPU upload, thought he had added the fix for the wifi Bluetooth card later but his post is a little hard to understand. I think Clover is probably on its last legs and frankly do not care. Read a post though where the site maybe developing MultiBeast for Big Sur with it though...tough to do that with OpenCore.

That’s what @trankilou said, it was from your dGPU upload, thought he had added the fix for the wifi Bluetooth card later but his post is a little hard to understand. I think Clover is probably on its last legs and frankly do not care. Read a post though where the site maybe developing Multibeast for Big Sur with it though...tough to do that with OpenCore.

That’s what happened to me so I just rolled my own and everything works including WiFi and BlueTooth.

Installing Big Sur now, so far so good, about 30 minutes left. Will post when it works.

After a few long heart stopping pauses and about 3 reboots, Big Sur is running perfectly on my system. Looks like the EFI in it's current form is perfect for running Catalina and upgrading to Big Sur, no changes needed.

I need to clean them up and will post tomorrow night.

New Catalina / Big Sur EFIs posted:

1) Updated to version 6.3
2) Configured OpenCanopy and boot Apple graphic to higher resolution
3) Compiled and used all the latest kexts
4) Updated config.plist to work for both Catalina and Big Sur

If you are updating to Big Sur, be aware that I experience about 4 reboots. Some of them where a little heart stopping as it looked like nothing was happening. Be patient but if you are staring at the same screen for 30 minutes, reboot.

I updated the guide but it was a quick pass. I will try to finish it up this weekend, sorry for any inconsitencies.

Notes:

1) I no longer support Clover because I am exclusively on OpenCore moving forward
2) My time is very limited these days so I will not be able to respond often, I sincerely hope that @Leesureone will find the time to continue to help out

Last edited:
New Catalina / Big Sur EFIs posted:

1) Updated to version 6.3
2) Configured OpenCanopy and boot Apple graphic to higher resolution
3) Compiled and used all the latest kexts
4) Updated config.plist to work for both Catalina and Big Sur

If you are updating to Big Sur, be aware that I experience about 4 reboots. Some of them where a little heart stopping as it looked like nothing was happening. Be patient but if you are staring at the same screen for 30 minutes, reboot.

I updated the guide but it was a quick pass. I will try to finish it up this weekend, sorry for any inconsitencies.

Notes:

1) I no longer support Clover because I am exclusively on OpenCore moving forward
2) My time is very limited these days so I will not be able to respond often, I sincerely hope that @Leesureone will find the time to continue to help out
Hello @ModMike! Thank you for updating OC.
What is 'OpenCanopy'? Is it possible to involve it in the Clover configuration? I'm really tired with tries of solving my issues began at the beginning of the Hackintosh usage. I posted my current state here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/after-big-sur-install-mac-os-graphic-doesnt-smooth.307403/
But nobody answered :(

What is 'OpenCanopy'? Is it possible to involve it in the Clover configuration? I'm really tired with tries of solving my issues began at the beginning of the Hackintosh usage. I posted my current state here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/after-big-sur-install-mac-os-graphic-doesnt-smooth.307403/
Opencore is a front end GUI for Opencore so no it does not work for Clover. Modmike just stated he is not supporting Clover.

Opencanopy is an opencore component used to make semi custom boot screen icons to select what system you want to boot in. Clover actually does that way better so no need for it, nor is it relevant.

From your description, I assume you are using onboard graphics and you mentioned animation. I used to be part owner of video game developer and I can tell you animation can be tough, especially with frame rate synching. I may be completely off but I would suggest you play other material because the issue may have nothing to do your rig.

If you want help here, I no longer do Clover so I would recommend you do the following:
  1. Format a USB drive fat32
  2. Download the OC-IGPU-EFI file from the first post in this thread
  3. Unzip and rename it to EFI
  4. Copy it to your USB drive
  5. Reboot from the USB drive and see how it works
This is a no risk way to see if the solution works for you.

In regards to not being answered, if people can't help or don't know how to help you, then they will not answer, it's nothing personal. I personally do not have the time to be as involved so other people may need to follow up with you.

Let us know how it works out!

Opencanopy is an opencore component used to make semi custom boot screen icons to select what system you want to boot in. Clover actually does that way better so no need for it, nor is it relevant.

From your description, I assume you are using onboard graphics and you mentioned animation. I used to be part owner of video game developer and I can tell you animation can be tough, especially with frame rate synching. I may be completely off but I would suggest you play other material because the issue may have nothing to do your rig.

If you want help here, I no longer do Clover so I would recommend you do the following:
  1. Format a USB drive fat32
  2. Download the OC-IGPU-EFI file from the first post in this thread
  3. Unzip and rename it to EFI
  4. Copy it to your USB drive
  5. Reboot from the USB drive and see how it works
This is a no risk way to see if the solution works for you.

In regards to not being answered, if people can't help or don't know how to help you, then they will not answer, it's nothing personal. I personally do not have the time to be as involved so other people may need to follow up with you.

Let us know how it works out!
Yeah, I understand. I didn't want to tell, that anybody don't want to help especially me. Just.. it looks so strange nobody others have the same issue. Hardware the same, the original EFI the same. The BIOS settings are also the same.
And about OC. That was what I tried to use multiple times. Even more, I tried to run using OC at the very beginning, before a clean installation of Catalina. The original EFI didn't work for me. That is why I chose clover.
Now it doesn't work as well. The system reboots each time after 1/3 Apple logo progress bar is filled.
The last assumption I have now is the small difference in hardware for the different countries. Otherwise, it's mystic..

Back