Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

My old OC didn't work for me other when I updated, too many changes. Try OC, it's only 10 minutes work to copy it to a USB and try it. Best part is that it doesn't affect your current install.
I have tried. At the 2/5 of the loading process my monitor flashes with the picture something like this:
download.png

After that, the system was crashed and hardly rebooted.
I noticed there were no 'preboot' partition introduced for me after fixing the issue posted here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-after-update-to-big-sur-clover-r5123.304844/
Is it can be a problem? In clover, I always boot OSx from the preboot option for now.

I have tried. At the 2/5 of the loading process my monitor flashes with the picture something like this:View attachment 499552
After that, the system was crashed and hardly rebooted.
I noticed there were no 'preboot' partition introduced for me after fixing the issue posted here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-after-update-to-big-sur-clover-r5123.304844/
Is it can be a problem? In clover, I always boot OSx from the preboot option for now.
You can try this version, it has a alternative ID for the iGPU as suggested by the Dortania if 07009B3E doesn't work.
Typically there is no pre-boot option to choose from in the OC menu, never used it in Clover.

Attachments

• OC-IGPU-EFI2.zip
    66.1 MB · Views: 53
You can try this version, it has a alternative ID for the iGPU as suggested by the Dortania if 07009B3E doesn't work.
Typically there is no pre-boot option to choose from in the OC menu, never used it in Clover.
I tried different options in config.plist file. Finally, I was able to boot the system using OC (the first time of successful boot, yeah). What did I make to achieve it? Totally removed PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) section from the originals you and @ModMike posted. Unfortunately, all the OS animations were lagging with OC boot as well. Even more, when I tried to inject the device and platform ids from your shared folder to my permanent Clover EFI folder, I got the same failed booting results.
It looks like a good trend because all the issues I have now are around the I5-9600K (UHD 630) processor. I tried to inject many combinations of devices/platforms but nothing of them helped me. BS animations were slow, HDMI monitor was failed to awake from sleep properly.
I wanted to report a bug for whatevergreen team but they don't provide supporting and the 'Issues' tab is closed on their GitHub page.
Any idea then of what can be done to get my iGPU working correctly?
Thanks, everyone.

I tried different options in config.plist file. Finally, I was able to boot the system using OC (the first time of successful boot, yeah). What did I make to achieve it? Totally removed PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) section from the originals you and @ModMike posted. Unfortunately, all the OS animations were lagging with OC boot as well. Even more, when I tried to inject the device and platform ids from your shared folder to my permanent Clover EFI folder, I got the same failed booting results.
It looks like a good trend because all the issues I have now are around the I5-9600K (UHD 630) processor. I tried to inject many combinations of devices/platforms but nothing of them helped me. BS animations were slow, HDMI monitor was failed to awake from sleep properly.
I wanted to report a bug for whatevergreen team but they don't provide supporting and the 'Issues' tab is closed on their GitHub page.
Any idea then of what can be done to get my iGPU working correctly?
Thanks, everyone.
If you have tried Hackintool to inject different platform IDs with no success all I can do is suggest you buy a compatible discreet graphics card. There are recommendations in the buyers guide.

If you have tried Hackintool to inject different platform IDs with no success all I can do is suggest you buy a compatible discreet graphics card. There are recommendations in the buyers guide.
Hello. The reason I don't have a dGPU is a very small case. My goal was to build as much high performance transported PC as possible. There is physically no room for GPU in the case. I couldn't imagine there could be an issue with intel iGPU since native OSx supports them.. And I pretty sure I need to report a bug for whatevergreen team about my issue. As I said before, a few releases ago of whatevergreen library my PC wanted awake in any case. It rebooted every time I tried to wake it up. That issue was auto fixed when whatevergreen was updated (to 1.3.9 as far as I remember).

It looks like a good trend because all the issues I have now are around the I5-9600K (UHD 630) processor. I

Hello. The reason I don't have a dGPU is a very small case. My goal was to build as much high performance transported PC as possible. There is physically no room for GPU in the case. I couldn't imagine there could be an issue with intel iGPU since native OSx supports them.. And I pretty sure I need to report a bug for whatevergreen team about my issue. As I said before, a few releases ago of whatevergreen library my PC wanted awake in any case. It rebooted every time I tried to wake it up. That issue was auto fixed when whatevergreen was updated (to 1.3.9 as far as I remember).
Maybe. I have a mini system with a slightly different motherboard using an i5 9400 that works fine. Same igpu...

Maybe. I have a mini system with a slightly different motherboard using an i5 9400 that works fine. Same igpu...
Did you apply a frame buffer patch? What kind of SMBIOS are you using? Any additional boot arguments? Do you have any lags in BS using iGPU? Could you share your config then?

Did you apply a frame buffer patch? What kind of SMBIOS are you using? Any additional boot arguments? Do you have any lags in BS using iGPU? Could you share your config then?
I used the same device ID ModMike used and you tried, iMac19,1. Nothing else special but everything works fine. My configuration will not help you

Back