Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I have a DW1560 installed without any additional kexts. Both wifi and bluetooth work. Just had to make sure the bluetooth was seen as internal when I made my usbport.kext.

Oh no, I am just too stupid :D
Its working now. If trying to get Bluetooth work, it seems a good idea to connect the Bluetooth/WiFi cables :oops:.
Because I never needed it before I also didn't connect the cables.
Nevertheless thank you both very much for your advice.
This time it's no config error, and no "jinx", just human stupidness. :D
Anyway I am happy - all is working now.
And thank you @JD7 I also tried without additional kext. I disabled BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. I only left the Bluetooth DeviceProperties Entry in my config. But without the kexts I have no Bluetooth.
I cannot even activate it in the System Preferences.
When I enable these kexts again then Bluetooth is back again.

Hello everyone!
After updating from OpenCore 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 my system stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]
I noticed if I disable "ProvideCurrentCpuinfo" property, the system boots normally. Any ideas on how it affects and why I can't enable that option? Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone!
After updating from OpenCore 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 my system stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]
I noticed if I disable "ProvideCurrentCpuinfo" property, the system boots normally. Any ideas on how it affects and why I can't enable that option? Thanks in advance.
Without it what CPU does it show in About This Mac? Doesn't it show the correct CPU already?

Without it what CPU does it show in About This Mac? Doesn't it show the correct CPU already?
Yes, it does. The correct CPU in both cases. My assumption is something wrong with the latest OC changes, especially in the try to adopt Alder Lake CPUs. But anyway, I'm worrying if anything uncurrent in my other properties. Could you please enable that property and let me know if your system boots?

Yes, it does. The correct CPU in both cases. My assumption is something wrong with the latest OC changes, especially in the try to adopt Alder Lake CPUs. But anyway, I'm worrying if anything uncurrent in my other properties. Could you please enable that property and let me know if your system boots?
I think you may misunderstand the need for the quirk, its not required for the Z390 chipset and 8th generation processors. It was added in 7.0 and helped with some VM setups (if I understand correctly) AMD processors being incorrectly identified and now for Alder Lake. I don't have it enabled and if it causes system problems as you describe neither should you.

I think you may misunderstand the need for the quirk, its not required for the Z390 chipset and 8th generation processors. It was added in 7.0 and helped with some VM setups (if I understand correctly) AMD processors being incorrectly identified and now for Alder Lake. I don't have it enabled and if it causes system problems as you describe neither should you.
I'm not sure if the following investigation depends on that property, but I couldn't run 'Bootcamp Windows' from the macOS in Parallels Desktop until I set that property as 'true'. Otherwise, the Windows inside the Parallels showed me the blue screen during the boot ('INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' error).
FYI: I have the 9'th generation of the processor.

I'm not sure if the following investigation depends on that property, but I couldn't run 'Bootcamp Windows' from the macOS in Parallels Desktop until I set that property as 'true'. Otherwise, the Windows inside the Parallels showed me the blue screen during the boot ('INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' error).
FYI: I have the 9'th generation of the processor.
You are probably going to need to look elsewhere for support in running Parallels on a Hackintosh, I can see how it would be problematic. If it worked before in 7.6 then I would look closely at all of your previous settings in the config.plist and make sure they are the same. It is possible the new version of OC 7.7 itself is the issue, if so and if its that important to you, I would roll back to 7.6. There aren't enough fundamental changes to the two versions of OpenCore to make a difference on your machine whether it is an 8th or 9th generation CPU. They are both Coffee Lake CPUs and use the same chipset.

You are probably going to need to look elsewhere for support in running Parallels on a Hackintosh, I can see how it would be problematic. If it worked before in 7.6 then I would look closely at all of your previous settings in the config.plist and make sure they are the same. It is possible the new version of OC 7.7 itself is the issue, if so and if its that important to you, I would roll back to 7.6. There aren't enough fundamental changes to the two versions of OpenCore to make a difference on your machine whether it is an 8th or 9th generation CPU. They are both Coffee Lake CPUs and use the same chipset.
Thank you for the reply! I will think about downgrading. It is not a good practice in my opinion. The older version is installed, the more difficult it will be to upgrade to the new one after the time.
Compare the configs - the first thing I did. Nothing interesting, the new fields for the Audio were added, pair of them were removed. But the system is stuck on the very begging before the booting progress bar is displayed with true "ProvideCurrentCpuinfo".
I believe something wrong with 0.7.7 itself, but do you know any channels/bug reporting places where I can post my issue for OC dev team?
Thank you!

Thank you for the reply! I will think about downgrading. It is not a good practice in my opinion. The older version is installed, the more difficult it will be to upgrade to the new one after the time.
Compare the configs - the first thing I did. Nothing interesting, the new fields for the Audio were added, pair of them were removed. But the system is stuck on the very begging before the booting progress bar is displayed with true "ProvideCurrentCpuinfo".
I believe something wrong with 0.7.7 itself, but do you know any channels/bug reporting places where I can post my issue for OC dev team?
Thank you!
Your choice as to how you want to proceed but if you need Parallels working soon then its your best option and no, its not harder to skip multiple versions and then upgrade. It may seem like it but that's another issue.

On Acidanthers's home page it lists these sites for discussion.

OpenCore Discussion Forums​

Back