Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

ping.

This is a 400 (almost) page thread. Someone somewhere must have seen these boot problems, see my post above. I've perused 50 pages of the thread but am not sure I've seen or not seen my failure to boot/get an install running.

Please any advice taken.

Anyone any suggestions?
Use the forum Search tool to look for 1689, it is a very common problem and the solution has been posted many times before.

1689.png

Use the forum Search tool to look for 1689

You saved me!! :clap:

I replaced the EFI in the USB with the EFI of the first post in this thread, and I made sure SSDT-USBX.aml was in the ACPI/patched folder of CLOVER. And I was able to boot from the USB stick. I dropped into the TERMINAL, and, using Disk Utility and mount commands, I was able to COPY the USB EFI folder to the WD NVMe drive, EFI partition.

Then. on my BIOS boot menu (on reboot), I saw the WD Drive UEFI boot partition for the FIRST time.

Booting the OSX 10.15.4 then failed like I reported in this THREAD.

However, if I turn OFF SATA in the BIOS and just have the WD NVMe drive, I can boot into OSX 10.15.4.

:banghead:

This whole NEW Z390 Hackintosh started because I thought I had a MB problem on my Z280 Asrock ITX. Then I thought I had a DRAM problem.

BUT this SATA panic, in IOAHCIFamily kext is the SAME between the two systems.

Different HW, different EFI, it must be the install itself??? I can't seem to download the Catalina installer from the Apple store - it says I already have the OS - and I tired to download it using the alternative method mentioned in the install instructions for Catalina - but when that finally came down, and I try run it, it says the installer is corrupt!

AHCI-SATA-Panic-OSXjpg.jpg

I was in a black screen of death for a week. No USB installer, based on the EFI of the first post of this thread would even boot for me.

Eventually I came across a EFI post from @Namok88 (brilliant!) on another Z390 Asus MB, and that finally succeeded in getting me to an install screen.

I have completely lost the ability to boot into the OSX on the NMVe drive, but at least now I have something to work with. @Namok88 EFI is not based on this MB.

I am requesting someone share the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder .ami for this MB, the Asus Z390-I gaming, I would much appreciate it.

Because post #1 no longer works, at least for me.

I was in a black screen of death for a week. No USB installer, based on the EFI of the first post of this thread would even boot for me.

Eventually I came across a EFI post from @Namok88 (brilliant!) on another Z390 Asus MB, and that finally succeeded in getting me to an install screen.

I have completely lost the ability to boot into the OSX on the NMVe drive, but at least now I have something to work with. @Namok88 EFI is not based on this MB.

I am requesting someone share the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder .ami for this MB, the Asus Z390-I gaming, I would much appreciate it.

Because post #1 no longer works, at least for me.
I'd try the appropriate Opencore EFi folder and see how that works for you, just replace the EFI folder on your USB drive with the OC version.

I'd try the appropriate Opencore EFi folder

I did a little googling, and whereas there is the documentation on the Opencore EFI github site about troubleshooting etc. I fail to see a step by step guide of creating an Opencore EFI folder. Any pointers?

Didn't work 3 weeks ago. Still doesn't work. Have no idea why this one is so difficult, as this is my fourth Hack.
Lots of us have had problems with the BIOS similar to what you are experiencing. Either clearing the NVRAM via the OpenCore bootloader or shorting the pins to clear the CMOS helped get past it.

Didn't work 3 weeks ago. Still doesn't work. Have no idea why this one is so difficult, as this is my fourth Hack.
You seem to have replied to @ModMike original post, are you saying the OpenCore EFI folder doesn't work? If so I can assure you it does and has for multiple users over the past couple of months. Some have had issue with reboots after install but none were unable to boot unless they set up their boot drive incorrectly or their bios was corrupted and had to be reset. I have a slightly modified version I use but the core of it still works today with 15.5 supplemental update.

Back