Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I found this guide and thread immensely helpful! I would be grateful if someone could help me debug a few issues I'm running into:

1. My hackintosh seems to randomly restart itself or completely freeze every few days. It also consistently crashes and restarts after a few minutes of using a specific plugin (VST) in Ableton.

2. While in the Clover Boot Menu (I dual boot Windows), my USB devices seem to be turning on and off. They do stay consistently powered once I select a disk to boot. While using the computer, some USB devices seem to stop working once in a while and need to be disconnected and reconnected to work fine.

Thanks!
Which Bootloader are you using?

I swapped out the RAM for 32GB today, and now my Mac wont sleep. As soon as it attempts to sleep, it wakes up. I tried restarting, running Mac Optimizer / extras / execute all. Still wakes up immediately. What should I check first?

I used terminal and it says that
[powerd:sleepWake] Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XDCI CNVW/HID Activity

Google search is not coming up with a solution. Ideas?

Last edited:
This weak I reinstalled Catalina and tried to start OpenCore from scratch. Huge Success!
Everything is fully working, also I can access my BIOS without problem. Thanks to topic Autor

Has my Mac rebooted suddenly? Where can I look at the log?

Very strange, I've got almost EVERY piece of hardware like @ModMike and my GeekBench is way below yours, or what I'm seeing on these threads.

View attachment 468008

I even made a post about this here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/i9-9900k-asus-z390-i-gaming-rx-5600-xt-poor-performance.297397/

What's the possible reason for this ?

I tried and played with your and lele90 EFIs and now I'm on this thread's OpenCore one, there's like 5% improvement on OC over Clover but nothing in the range of 30k score for multithreading like the screenshots I'm seeing here.

Very useful thread BTW, thanks @ModMike !!!

I'm stupid! On another post someone answered that the screenshots from you guys are with Geekbench 4 and mine was Geekbench 5. Ffs. I'm an idiot :).

Last edited:
Very strange, I've got almost EVERY piece of hardware like @ModMike and my GeekBench is way below yours, or what I'm seeing on these threads.

View attachment 468008

I even made a post about this here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/i9-9900k-asus-z390-i-gaming-rx-5600-xt-poor-performance.297397/

What's the possible reason for this ?

I tried and played with your and lele90 EFIs and now I'm on this thread's OpenCore one, there's like 5% improvement on OC over Clover but nothing in the range of 30k score for multithreading like the screenshots I'm seeing here.

Very useful thread BTW, thanks @ModMike !!!

I'm stupid! On another post someone answered that the screenshots from you guys are with Geekbench 4 and mine was Geekbench 5. Ffs. I'm an idiot :).
That question gets asked more than you know....all good. :thumbup:

To use Clover instead of OC mount the EFI partition on your hard drive then rename the EFI folder to EFIOC or what ever you prefer, then copy over the new Clover EFI and reboot.
Hallo Leesureone,
I tried with Clover and had kernel panics, too. Then I realized that the temperature that I saw in the HW Monitor was really high, over 90° C. That was the reason.
The first days installing my HackMac I placed it on the table. After some days I had no more kernel panics and thought now my EFI should be OK. Then I moved my HackMack into a Shelf and when the kernel panics startetd again, I thought there is still an error in my EFI, whereas it was just the temperature now that got too hot.
Now I reassigned the placing of My Hackmac and now its not getting too hot and there is no KEnrel panic any more.
Neither with the OpenCore EFI nor with the Clover EFI.
So after All Thank you so much helping me so far.
Best regards,
Karpuffeltoffer

@Karpuffeltoffer I have something similar to you, but I'm 100% convinced the osx temperatures are fake.

Huge temperature reading gap between OSX and BIOS / W10 readings, I'm taking W10 and BIOS's side on this one. My temp readings are WAY to high in OSX and I can't seem to find the reason why.

OSX:
CPU Temp OSX.png

W10 & BIOS
W10 CPU Temp.PNG
IMG-2196.jpg

I also have some random screen freezes which force me to restart and I can't seem to find the reason for this in the logs.

(OpenCore 0.5.7 boot-args - keepsyms=1 agdpmod=pikera shikigva=80 -radnogva dart=0 debug=0x100 -v)

Back