Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Will take a look. Thanks.

I've started having another issue. When coming out of sleep, my Bluetooth is not working. My mouse and wireless keyboard won't respond. I have to plug in a USB cable to get my keyboard to work, and use a wired mouse. When I check the Bluetooth settings, it shows as Bluetooth is off, and pressing "turn Bluetooth on" doesn't do anything.

I've had this issue a while back on another install of Catalina (using Clover), and modMike suggested running Mac Optimizer and running Extras/ Execute All, and rebooting. It worked on my old installation of Catalina (Clover), but I tried it now on this OpenCore version, rebooted, put my computer to sleep, the Bluetooth is again off and cannot connect. Only a full reboot of the computer will temporarily keep Bluetooth operational. Any ideas on what I can try next?
And what card are you using? DW1560? Even real Macs have Bluetooth problems, I have a link I can send you later that walks through the steps to take you can try first.

If its sleep related it could be related to how USB is configured in your config.plist. The port limit patch or SSDT may be causing you grief. Are you still using Modmikes EFI?

And what card are you using? DW1560? Even real Macs have Bluetooth problems, I have a link I can send you later that walks through the steps to take you can try first.

If its sleep related it could be related to how USB is configured in your config.plist. The port limit patch or SSDT may be causing you grief. Ate you still using Modmikes EFI?
Yes, it happens after sleep. I'm using ModMikes EFI, and, yes, I have the DW1560.

In regards to the guide for activating read/write on Catalina, I've narrowed down the config.plist entry to change, but Im at a loss. NVRAM/ADD/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/csr-active-config should be set to 0x3E7 in order to disable SIP, but when I copy over the current value of <00000000> with 0x3E7, it defaults back to <00000000>. Do I need to change the Type? if so to what?
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 1.32.47 PM.png

Last edited:
Yes, it happens after sleep. I'm using ModMikes EFI, and, yes, I have the DW1560.

In regards to the guide for activating read/write on Catalina, I've narrowed down the config.plist entry to change, but Im at a loss. NVRAM/ADD/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/csr-active-config should be set to 0x3E7 in order to disable SIP, but when I copy over the current value of <00000000> with 0x3E7, it defaults back to <00000000>. Do I need to change the Type? if so to what?
View attachment 466144
Here's the link to common Mac Bluetooth issues, good info but probably not the issue. Try it first. https://michaelkummer.com/tech/apple/mac-bluetooth-issues/

I think this is what you are talking about in regards to SIP, are you sure you want to completely disable it? The attached config.plist has it set to off, I added it like this <E7030000>
  • 00000000 - SIP completely enabled
  • 03000000 - Allow unsigned kexts and writing to protected fs locations
  • E7030000 - SIP completely disabled
The config.plist will need serial numbers updated again but it eliminates the port limit patch Modmike added the same as can be used in Clover which isn't necessary. I also turned off the "Trim" patch which just seems to work without it. It might still not fix your bluetooth issues being the best way to set up bluetooth is with a USB-UIAC.SSDT which you can make yourself and would be the next step if all this fails to make difference.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hello @ModMike,
I am new here and new to Hackintosh too.
First of all I want to thank you for this great guide and for all the time that you spend in this thread to help us beginners.
I have read this thread back to January 2020. And found many valuable information.
I have a very similar hardware as you. I built my HackMac last week into a DAN A4 SFX case and hit looks great. I tested the hardware with Windows 10. Everything is OK. Then I tried to install Catalina with OpenCore according to the Opencore Vanilla Desktop guide. After 3 Days struggling I succeeded in booting Catalina but with several crashes in the installation phase. And with several kernel panics afterwards.
Then I found this guide, downloaded your OpenCore EFI and now my Hackintosh was running like a charm, since 3 days without crash.
Today I tried to export my Mail (EML Format) from my old iMac (Mid 2007) (El Capitan) to my new HackMac (Catalina), but every time I start the import, after a Minute or so I get a kernel panic. I attach the log files here.
When I import the same to my Wife's Retina iMac, there is no kernel panic. So the export Data should be OK.
Maybe the APFS driver in OpenCore is little bit unstable yet?

Then I checked your OpenCore EFI and found something I don't understand.
In the device properties you have the audio device: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) (That ist the same as I see in gfxutil -f HDEF)
But in the UEFI Audio settings you have: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
Is this a mistake? Or is this different deliberately?
Can you please help me on my Kernel Panics? What is the reason?
best Regards
Karpuffeltoffer

Attachments

• KErnelpanic1.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 54
  • KernelPanic2.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 60
Hello @ModMike,
I am new here and new to Hackintosh too.
First of all I want to thank you for this great guide and for all the time that you spend in this thread to help us beginners.
I have read this thread back to January 2020. And found many valuable information.
I have a very similar hardware as you. I built my HackMac last week into a DAN A4 SFX case and hit looks great. I tested the hardware with Windows 10. Everything is OK. Then I tried to install Catalina with OpenCore according to the Opencore Vanilla Desktop guide. After 3 Days struggling I succeeded in booting Catalina but with several crashes in the installation phase. And with several kernel panics afterwards.
Then I found this guide, downloaded your OpenCore EFI and now my Hackintosh was running like a charm, since 3 days without crash.
Today I tried to export my Mail (EML Format) from my old iMac (Mid 2007) (El Capitan) to my new HackMac (Catalina), but every time I start the import, after a Minute or so I get a kernel panic. I attach the log files here.
When I import the same to my Wife's Retina iMac, there is no kernel panic. So the export Data should be OK.
Maybe the APFS driver in OpenCore is little bit unstable yet?

Then I checked your OpenCore EFI and found something I don't understand.
In the device properties you have the audio device: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) (That ist the same as I see in gfxutil -f HDEF)
But in the UEFI Audio settings you have: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
Is this a mistake? Or is this different deliberately?
Can you please help me on my Kernel Panics? What is the reason?
best Regards
Karpuffeltoffer
Here is what the OpenCore Vanilla Guide says regarding UEFI Audio settings. Spoiler Alert, it’s not causing your kernel panic but I can’t tell you what is. It’s not the APFS driver either, something more specific to what you are trying to do and possibly an incorrect bios setting or hardware issue (the later is less likely unless you are having other problems).

Audio: Related to AudioDxe settings, for us we'll be ignoring(leave as default). This is unrelated to audio support in macOS

• AudioSupport: NO
    • Used for enabling the audio port out, this requires AudioOut
  • AudioDevice: [Blank]
    • This will be the PciRoot of your audio device, gfxutil and debug log are great ways to find this
  • AudioCodec: 0
    • Specify your audio codec address, can be found in either debug log or with under IOHDACodecAddress in IOService
  • AudioOut: 0
    • Specifies which output is used, use the debug log to see what your board has
    • Same idea, can be found in either debug log or with HdaCodecDump.efi
  • MinimumVolume: 20
    • Default sound level for audio output
  • PlayChime: NO
  • VolumeAmplifier: 0
    • Multiplication coefficient for system volume to raw volume linear translation from 0 to 1000, see Configuration.pdf for more info on calculation

These are the clues in your kernel pains report:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.filesystems.apfs(1412.101.1)[EA36BB76-1D94-32FF-9D55-4CBAA20C8F5A]@0xffffff7f9df96000->0xffffff7f9e0d1fff
dependency: com.apple.kec.corecrypto(1.0)[A6D59354-C9A1-3C61-87A7-C04DD74421B1]@0xffffff7f9d4b4000
dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleEffaceableStorage(1.0)[4C3D892C-12F7-344D-AD97-FF3C154B54D8]@0xffffff7f9dc14000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(2.1)[425BC668-32EC-368C-B4EB-CF8510846BEE]@0xffffff7f9d110000

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I realize that I can't see my CPU frequency, it is time to squeeze it little bit my 9600k but I would like to be able to read frequency also in OSX, I read everything else temperature, voltage, power, fan rpm, gpu usage etc... but not frequency.

Using last clover efi

Do you have any clue? It should be SMCProcessor.kext the responsible, right?

Hi everybody, I realize that I can't see my CPU frequency, it is time to squeeze it little bit my 9600k but I would like to be able to read frequency also in OSX, I read everything else temperature, voltage, power, fan rpm, gpu usage etc... but not frequency.

Using last clover efi

Do you have any clue? It should be SMCProcessor.kext the responsible, right?

Install Intel Power Gadget.

Thank you @Leesureone for looking in my Logs.
I am just now up again after several kernel panics.
I tried to import another Mail export to my mail app. The first I tried had 4.5 GB. And got a kernel panic again after 5 minutes importing. Then I tried to import a smaller Mail export of 600 MB. it was crashing too. Everytime after such a kernel panic, if I reboot, when I reach the logon screen and logon it normally crashes again. Only after several attempts and turning off my HackMac for some time I can do a successful logon.
I even got a kernel panic when I tried to mark all mail as unread in one of the imported Mailfolders.
Maybe its a thermal problem of the Samsung NVMe?
I will try to copy some files using the finder and see if they produce a kernel panic too.

I have no idea what the kernel backtrace means.
I googled for "com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily kernel panic" and found this
Is it possible that my several crashes during the Catalina Setup resulted in a damaged file system?
Should I try to recover that?

I have the same BIOS settings as decribed here in the BIOS Settings on the first page. I will check again now, but I think they are not the reason.
The audio quetion is another thing so I will answer in a seperate post.

@Leesureone Sorry that I did'nt describe it clearly. I have no problem on my HackMac with audio and I don't think it has something to do with the kernelpanic. I know this part of the OpenCore Vanilla Desktop guide.
I just found some inconsistency
I mean, I have the same Mainboard as @ModMike and so the audio device should be the same. In fact it is the same as in his Opencore EFI config.plist :
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Internal@0,31,3</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>Audio device</string>

but in the same config.plist:
<key>UEFI</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>AudioCodec</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>AudioDevice</key>
<string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</string>

Of course everyone should set this for his own device, but someone like me with the same board could just use the orginal config.plist and just replace the PlatformInfo. ( I did this too, when I started with this OC EFI. Audio was working nonetheless. Don't know if that may cause any other problems)

Last edited:
Back