Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I appreciate for your hard work, good job @ModMike! This guide works great for my PC.

Except WiFi feature (Bluetooth is working, WiFi is not) because I currently haven’t change bundling motherboard Broadcom card.

What the best solution for this Intel Broadcom to be working? Should I change to Dell DW1560 card? Or I just miss something setup configuration?

If I should to buy Dell Broadcom card, is https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/FzgRmBmC
are same component that you recommended?

I can’t place order from Amazon market just because uncovered location. Anyway, sorry for my bad English.

I appreciate for your hard work, good job @ModMike! This guide works great for my PC.

Except WiFi feature (Bluetooth is working, WiFi is not) because I currently haven’t change bundling motherboard Broadcom card.

What the best solution for this Intel Broadcom to be working? Should I change to Dell DW1560 card? Or I just miss something setup configuration?

If I should to buy Dell Broadcom card, is https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/FzgRmBmC
are same component that you recommended?

I can’t place order from Amazon market just because uncovered location. Anyway, sorry for my bad English.
You have to replace the inlet card to get wireless and stable Bluetooth. Yes, it looks, like that card will work. See the link below:

Hello,

again a big thank you to ModMike!!!

It was very easy to install my Hackintosh with your HowTo!

Attached my Benchmark:

I'm not really sure if this are really good values. The values from ModMike looks quit different.
Please let me know if this are good values and if not what I could do to improve.

Regards
kaminkehrer
@ModMike's results were using Geekbench 4; yours are with Geekbench 5 which is always lower. Your disk speed results look like your are using a traditional SATA SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD, to get higher values you'll need an NVMe SSD.

You have to replace the inlet card to get wireless and stable Bluetooth. Yes, it looks, like that card will work. See the link below:

Okay, Thank you for your advice. Let me order from aliexpress that broadcomm card, I be report after next week, maybe.

I have the same build as Modmike. I have 3 issues I hope you guys can help me with.

1) Quick look stops showing images in Finder. When I click SpaceBar over an image icon, it shows a spinning wheel. How do I fix this?
2) When I loaded Cover Configurator, it says there is a new version. Can I update Clover Configurator without causing any issues?
3) My Bluetooth range is very small and the signal is really weak. Is there a solution to boost the signal? I loose Bluetooth connection with my AirPods a couple feet away (in direct site) of my computer. Should I use a PCI network card rather than have the network card installed in the motherboard?

I have the same build as Modmike. I have 3 issues I hope you guys can help me with:

1) quick look stops showing images in finder. When I click spacebar over an image icon, it shows a spinning wheel. How do I fix this?
2) when I loaded clover configurator, it says there is a new version. Can I update clover configurator without causing any issues?
3) my bluetooth range is very small and the signal is really weak. Is there a solution to boost the signal? I loose bluetooth connection with my airpods a couple feet away (in direct site) of my computer. Should I use a pci network card rather than have the network card installed in the motherboard?
1. see here for one answer. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...preview-not-working-on-mojave-10-14-1.264398/

2. Yes but back up your EFI folder and make sure the same drivers are being installed

3. Results vary but several users have suggested connecting to a 5hz wifi connection helped. Make sure your antenna is connected properly and placement is good.

1. see here for one answer. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...preview-not-working-on-mojave-10-14-1.264398/

2. Yes but back up your EFI folder and make sure the same drivers are being installed

3. Results vary but several users have suggested connecting to a 5hz wifi connection helped. Make sure your antenna is connected properly and placement is good.

1. That worked! Thanks!
2. Thanks.
3. I am connected to 5GHz WiFi. My antenna is connected properly. I am using extension cables for my WiFi antenna. If I hook up the antennas straight to the back of the computer, my mouse and keyboard bug out (5 feet away). I ran antenna cables to right under my table right under the keyboard and mouse, and now they work alright. But, if I'm a few feet away from my desk, my AirPods bug out.

Holy heck, thank you so much for this guide! Without it, I'd probably be still struggling (a week after starting).

However, I did run into a few things.

I had to add the AirPort Broadcom kext (or at least, update it) to get the DW1560 card working properly.
Also, I needed to install the kexts for HWSensor.

Additionally, Preview was having issues, which apparently is a jpeg hardware acceleration bug? To fix that, I just had to add this to the boot options:
Code:
shikigva=32
shiki-id=7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
(which to be honest, I have no idea what does, which isn't great, but it works)

Aside from that, the guide was amazing, very clear and easy to follow. And I have my "genuine" hackintosh up and running flawlessly!

The only thing I miss is being able to use ASUS Aura to control the RGB.... :D

Last edited:
3. I am connected to 5GHz WiFi. My antenna is connected properly. I am using extension cables for my WiFi antenna. If I hook up the antennas straight to the back of the computer, my mouse and keyboard bug out (5 feet away). I ran antenna cables to right under my table right under the keyboard and mouse, and now they work alright. But, if I'm a few feet away from my desk, my AirPods bug out.
Are you using the Dell DW1560 adapter mentioned? If so, I had some issues with it until I installed the "airportBrcmFixup" kext. Then it started working beautifully.

Back