Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Since today I can't boot anymore to Catalina. I got this verbose output. Maybe my hack has updated in the night? Does anyone have the latest kexts for me on the latest Catalina update?

View attachment 438104

Weird, maybe you have a backup you can restore? Either that or try booting the recovery partition to reinstall over your existing Catalina install. Whatevergreen and Lilu have been the recommended kext updates for Catalina, that's about it.

What we know about the 10.15.1 Update so far...
  • macOS Build 19B88
  • Updated Intel and AMD graphics drivers
    • Initial support for AMD Navi graphics cards
    • AMD users may need to update to WhateverGreen 1.3.4
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Catalina with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Updated USB drivers- those using Port Limit Removal patch may have to update to new patches for 10.15.1
  • Install macOS Catalina App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Catalina from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Catalina App can be found in the App Store

I'm going for exactly the same build, did you manage to get it working?
I swapped the XFX GPU for a Sapphire Radeon 580, and everything seems to be OK, so far.

A very big Thank you to ModMike!!!!

The installation ist done and it work so far...
I'm using the Asus z390-p and the installation worked only without network config.

Could you please so kind and give me some hint, what I have to do to get my Network card (Ethernet with cable) working.
I'm sure that there is only the driver missing, but this is my first Hackintosh and I'm not familiar enough to get it installed.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards
kaminkehrer

A very big Thank you to ModMike!!!!

The installation ist done and it work so far...
I'm using the Asus z390-p and the installation worked only without network config.

Could you please so kind and give me some hint, what I have to do to get my Network card (Ethernet with cable) working.
I'm sure that there is only the driver missing, but this is my first Hackintosh and I'm not familiar enough to get it installed.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards
kaminkehrer
Its an Intel I219-V network controller so the intelmausi.kext should work being it suppose the 100 series controllers. Not sure why Mike has two intel kexts though, might remove one or the other and see what happens.

Kexts.png

Morning Leesureone,

if I informed right the Network controller is a Realtek® RTL8111H.
But if I understood you right, I only have to insert the right kext-file into the "others" folder.

I will try it and will let you know.

Regards
kaminkehrer
I looked up the board you mentioned, and ASUS stated it had an Intel network controller, must have misunderstood. If its a RealTek model, then delete the two Intel ones (no longer needed), and add in the Realtek kext.

RealtekRTL8111

Hello Leesureone,

I changed the files and it is working :).
It has defenetly a RealtekRTL8111H.

Now I will check if any other things are working fine.

Regards
kaminkehrer
I must have pulled down the wrong board when I looked for the kind of network controller. Glad it's working now.

Had my first "crash" on my build. Was playing CS:GO and the display just went black. Where to debug this kind of stuff?

Hello,

again a big thank you to ModMike!!!

It was very easy to install my Hackintosh with your HowTo!

Attached my Benchmark:

I'm not really sure if this are really good values. The values from ModMike looks quit different.
Please let me know if this are good values and if not what I could do to improve.

Regards
kaminkehrer

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-02 um 09.42.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-02 um 09.42.10.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 52
  • disk-speed.png
    disk-speed.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 45
Back