Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I think so too. Just wondering if others have success experience.;)

Here is this guide for a 370 board, very similar.

Guys, just out of curiosity, can sometimes post a short video of your hacks bootup sequence?

From BIOS to login ?
One seems unnecessary slow

EFIs updated. Only change was replacing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with BrcmFirmwareData.kext. This is what was originally specified by rehabman but BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext worked for me when the other didn't.

It seems like all the issues were caused by a BIOS update that somehow treated USB differently. Disabling Legacy USB seems to have fixed booting to black screen and WiFi Bluetooth. The Brcm patches talk to the card via a virtual USB port.

I plan on doing some reading and testing after which I will update EFIs if needed.

Guys, just out of curiosity, can sometimes post a short video of your hacks bootup sequence?

From BIOS to login ?
One seems unnecessary slow
Are you taking into account the default five second delay after POST completes? Maybe you already changed that setting in the bios, if not that will speed things up. Mojave does seem to boot slower than High Sierra though.

@ipguy, @kelmers still has the install glitch. Below is a list of his bios settings, can you confirm these are how you are set up? My only suggestion to @kelmers would be try enabling CSM. If that doesn't work maybe try changing PEG Auto to CPU Graphics? VMX is kind of optional, either way on or off should work beyond that? Any feedback would be appreciated. @ModMike any ideas here? thanks all!
  • somehow, XMP was Disabled (re-enabling now)
  • VMX Enabled
  • PEG Auto(i9 9900k IGP only)
  • IGPU Multi Monitor Disabled
  • RC6 off
  • Above 4G Enabled
  • DVMT 128M
  • XHCI Hand-off Enabled
  • Boot order set to Unibeast install key with IGPU EFI folder
  • Secure Boot Disabled, keys deleted, key state unloaded, OS type Other OS
  • Legacy USB Enabled
  • CSM Disabled
  • Network Stack Disabled
  • Intel Lan Controller Enabled
  • Intel Platform Trust Technology Disabled
  • SATA Enabled
  • SATA Mode Selection AHCI
  • Aggressive LPM Disabled
  • All SATA ports Enabled
  • IOAPIC 24-119 Entries Enabled
  • VT-d Disabled

The only thing that jumped out because we had so much trouble with it is:
  • Legacy USB Disabled
Please consult the guide to validate the rest, I can't remember the rest off the top of my head.

Starting to play with my system after 2 weeks of hell.

I updated to 10.4.5 Public Beta 4 with no drama. Wanted to get off the 19,1 special build. I have a bit of a distortion when the graphic card is triggered on the second progress bar but other than that, so far so good.

Now I can get back to some real testing!

Edit: PLRP still works!

Last edited:
Hi @ModMike,

Thank you for your powerful and excellent guide !
I just buy a new configuration and I can install Mojave very easily !
I own a Z390-F, it's work, I juste remove the BCM kexts (I have a PCIx1 card, BCS943602CS).
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 works OOB too !

I've some questions about your build :

- when I turn off the computer, the motherboard makes a sound (like an electric relay) like we're doing a hard shutdown (few seconds on power button), It's dangerous ? (for SSD, HDD ? ). Because of that, I lose my RGB configuration I've made in windows with Asus Aura.

- Can I use your SSDT file ? or it's not necessary ? (all my USB works)

- I've an i9 9900k, I set SMBIOS to 19,1 and it boot with "-no_compat_check" argument, it's good ? or I should stay to 18,3 SMBIOS like your config.plist ?

One more time, thank you!

Last edited:
Hi @ModMike,

Thank you for your powerful and excellent guide !
I just buy a new configuration and I can install Mojave very easily !
I own a Z390-F, it's work, I juste remove the BCM kexts (I have a PCIx1 card, BCS943602CS).
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 works OOB too !

I've some questions about your build :

- when I turn off the computer, the motherboard makes a sound (like an electric relay) like we're doing a hard shutdown (few seconds on power button), It's dangerous ? (for SSD, HDD ? ). Because of that, I lose my RGB configuration I've made in windows with Asus Aura.

- Can I use your SSDT file ? or it's not necessary ? (all my USB works)

- I've an i9 9900k, I set SMBIOS to 19,1 and it boot with "-no_compat_check" argument, it's good ? or I should stay to 18,3 SMBIOS like your config.plist ?

One more time, thank you!

Glad it worked and thank you for the feedback!

1. You don't need the SSDT, I only provide it in case the PLRP patch doesn't work with a new version of OSX. So far it works with 10.14.5 public Beta 4 so all good.
  2. Using 19,1 with no compat will work but has no benefit unless you install the special build or 10.14.5 public Beta 4. I suggest you install it because it has native drivers for your Vega 64. Make sure you go back to 18,3 and remove the -no_compat_check boot flag before you install.
  3. I never heard of relay type noise issue before. Not sure what would cause it, could it be coil whine or audio? Does it sound like a speaker pop? You can test by unplugging your speakers to see if you still hear the sound on shutdown.

My Aura Sync is stable but if you are losing yours, it suggests a USB issue. Maybe you need a different audio layout for the F series board, which is unlikely because it looks identical to my series I board. You can always try layout 1 to see if that helps. As a last resort you could try disabling the 3 Port Limit Removal Patches and using the SSDT to see if that fixes it. If it does, then you've isolated the issue and we can work towards figuring it out.

I highly doubt it's a USB issue and seeing as you want to use 19,1 maybe you should try the 10.14.5 public Beta 4 and let us know if it helps with the sound problem.

Last edited:
Back