Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Are you taking into account the default five second delay after POST completes? Maybe you already changed that setting in the bios, if not that will speed things up. Mojave does seem to boot slower than High Sierra though.

I changed my bios post to absolute minimum of 1sec so I'm happy with that.

I'm just not happy with all the graphical flashing from screen to screen before im at the login prompt.

I'd like a bios post and a boot immediately into Mac os with a little flashing as possible.

Am I making any sense?

I guess that why I was asking for a video of a typical boot from bios to login prompt to assertain if mine was not working as expected.

I changed my bios post to absolute minimum of 1sec so I'm happy with that.

I'm just not happy with all the graphical flashing from screen to screen before im at the login prompt.

I'd like a bios post and a boot immediately into Mac os with a little flashing as possible.

Am I making any sense?

I guess that why I was asking for a video of a typical boot from bios to login prompt to assertain if mine was not working as expected.

1. Set your timeout to 1
  2. Set your Default Boot Volume to the boot volume you select in the Clover boot screen, such as "Macintosh HD" or whatever you named it.
  3. Make sure the Default Loader field is blank
  4. Reboot and test
  5. If it boots after a 1 second pause, everything works. You can now change timeout to 0, which I don't recommend because it will make it hard to get into Clover if you have an issue.

Last edited:
Glad it worked and thank you for the feedback!

1. You don't need the SSDT, I only provide it in case the PLRP patch doesn't work with a new version of OSX. So far it works with 10.14.5 public Beta 4 so all good.
  2. Using 19,1 with no compat will work but has no benefit unless you install the special build or 10.14.5 public Beta 4. I suggest you install it because it has native drivers for your Vega 64. Make sure you go back to 18,3 and remove the -no_compat_check boot flag before you install.
  3. I never heard of relay type noise issue before. Not sure what would cause it, could it be coil whine or audio? Does it sound like a speaker pop? You can test by unplugging your speakers to see if you still hear the sound on shutdown.

My Aura Sync is stable but if you are losing yours, it suggests a USB issue. Maybe you need a different audio layout for the F series board, which is unlikely because it looks identical to my series I board. You can always try layout 1 to see if that helps. As a last resort you could try disabling the 3 Port Limit Removal Patches and using the SSDT to see if that fixes it. If it does, then you've isolated the issue and we can work towards figuring it out.

I highly doubt it's a USB issue and seeing as you want to use 19,1 maybe you should try the 10.14.5 public Beta 4 and let us know if it helps with the sound problem.

I will try to install beta build, but i prefer to stay on stable build.

No it’s not a speaker sound, it’s the same sound when the motherboard reboot in a bios update (sounds like « tic »)

I will try to change RGB connector. The problem is my fan are setting on Static light, but when i boot MacOS it set to glow but the color is correct. My trident Z RGB lose the settings and light in rainbow.

Set your timeout to 1. You can also try 0, not sure if that works though.

View attachment 403049

I believe zero waits for a key press.

I'm not making any sense, sorry, the best thing to do is post a video of how my hack boots up.

Notice the large white flash in the very start? and the flicking between screens until it gets to the login prompt? Is that normal?

I will try to install beta build, but i prefer to stay on stable build.

No it’s not a speaker sound, it’s the same sound when the motherboard reboot in a bios update (sounds like « tic »)

I will try to change RGB connector. The problem is my fan are setting on Static light, but when i boot MacOS it set to glow but the color is correct. My trident Z RGB lose the settings and light in rainbow.

Is your nvram.plist file being saved properly? I sometime lose my Trident Z RGB color when I mess with nvram. I never had that ticking sound on BIOS update.

I believe zero waits for a key press.

I'm not making any sense, sorry, the best thing to do is post a video of how my hack boots up.

Notice the large white flash in the very start? and the flicking between screens until it gets to the login prompt? Is that normal?

I thought blank was for key press, 0 was to skip Clover screen but I could be wrong. Clover Wiki is down so I can't confirm.

Can you test something for me? With the computer on, unplug the video cable form the monitor, count to 3, and plug it back in. Let me know what happens.

Also what cable are you using? HDMI or DisplayPort?

I thought blank was for key press, 0 was to skip Clover screen but I could be wrong. Clover Wiki is down so I can't confirm.

Can you test something for me? With the computer on, unplug the video cable form the monitor, count to 3, and plug it back in. Let me know what happens.

Also what cable are you using? HDMI or DisplayPort?

ok, booted in Mojave.
  • Removed DP cable, waited 3 seconds
  • Connected DP cable
  • Screen remained black for 2 seconds
  • A flash on the display for half a second
  • Waited another 1 second
  • MacOS appeared again

Is your nvram.plist file being saved properly? I sometime lose my Trident Z RGB color when I mess with nvram. I never had that ticking sound on BIOS update.

Can you explain me how to check NVRAM.plist ?
I took your EFI folder, just change smbios.

ok, booted in Mojave.
  • Removed DP cable, waited 3 seconds
  • Connected DP cable
  • Screen remained black for 2 seconds
  • A flash on the display for half a second
  • Waited another 1 second
  • MacOS appeared again

I believe the flash is caused by your display initializing. Does it have auto port selection? If so you may be able to minimize it by setting it to DP only.

Seeing as it's the first thing that happens when you reboot, it's almost certainly just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
Can you explain me how to check NVRAM.plist ?
I took your EFI folder, just change smbios.

Do you have this in your boot partition? Disregard EFIChecklist.rtf, that's my own file for creating EFIs for guide.

An other clue you may be having an issue is if the system does not display a black screen with the animated pinwheel when you reboot.

Last edited:
Back