Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Yes but patch was supposed to fix that and you can't easily roll back. I attached the last EFI with patches but am not optimistic, it appears the RTC issue is in another part of your BIOS than ours.

If you are up to it, try to roll back to 0702 using this heavily edited guide by RAffleKol from the Asus site:

How to roll back Bios using the DOS tool AFUDOS.exe when blocked by EZ Flash:

I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IN ANYWAY IF THIS DAMAGES YOUR MOTHERBOARD THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE FLASHBACK AND HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO ROLL BACK THEIR BIOS

Although it may look complicated, the process is straightforward and only a few steps.

First we need to confirm the Bios is from American Megatrends:
  1. In Windows 10 or 8.1 right-click the Start button and choose Run.
  2. In the Run window or search box, type msinfo32 and push enter.
  3. Your System info should pop up. Verify that you have an American Megatrends Bios
  4. If yes proceed, if not stop, this guide will not work.
Files included in attachment:
  1. Rufus Format
  2. AFUDOS.exe (used to flash your bios)
  3. Files in "Copy to USB" folder
  4. UEFITool.exe (converts .CAP files to .ROM)
File you need to download:
  1. Version 0702 Bios for Z390-E from Asus web site
Settings:
  1. CSM must be enabled for this to work. You can disable after downgrade is complete
  2. Rename your .rom file bios.rom or it won't work.
If all this works and you can boot, dump the DSDT again so we can compare to latest version. If you are lucky, @pupin can help us make a patch.
I'll try this tomorrow...... Nothing seems to work so far ......

And I'm wondering maybe I'm using i3 8100..... That i3 is supported for Mac or not...... That should I buy i5....

I'll try this tomorrow...... Nothing seems to work so far ......

And I'm wondering maybe I'm using i3 8100..... That i3 is supported for Mac or not...... That should I buy i5....

I don’t get it. I have an ASUS Z390-F up and running. The only difference to the Z390-E should be my missing WiFi and BT. Right now I’m running an i3 8100, everything went smooth, I just followed ModMikes guide. I also have an HD7950 DGPU installed. I just switched to SMBIOS 19,1 instead of 18,3 and also installed 10.14.5 Public Beta 2, because I will get a Sapphire Vega 64 the day after tomorrow (and also an i5 9600k) and it is supposed to work perfectly in 10.14.5. Will report then ;)

Howdy

New to the thread, but have read most of it.

Currently have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H with a 3770K and Nvidia card. 7 years old, so I decided to catch up with the rest of the modern world.

Ordered a Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) LGA 1151 and a Core i9-9900K w a bunch of RAM from BH Photo. Should be here by the weekend... except for the case, so I can't assemble it until that arrives. Got a Sapphire Nitro RX580 just waiting.

I have several clones of my current High Sierra (10.13.6) boot drive. Uses the latest Clover and I've got Lilu and Whatevergreen installed (but in extensions, which I gather here isn't the best option.)

What I'd like to do is start with one of those clones, and tweak the config and see if I can get it to boot in the new rig.

Then, once things are running see if I can bump the whole thing up to Mojave 10.14.4.

Question is, based on the collected wisdom here - is that the best (or at a least decent) approach, or is it fatally flawed? Would some other way be better?

And if my idea is feasible, what kind of setting changes should I make?

IOW, how can I get there from here? I know I can do it from scratch if I need to, but I'd rather tweak the existing if possible.

Comments? Wisdom? Guffaws?

Thanks!

Nope, start fresh.

I don’t know what the price difference is for you but you may want to look at the i7-8700K. We are posting single core speeds nearly equal to the i9-9900K and only 2 cores less.

Compare my benchmarks in the first post to i9-9900K. It’s a great value.

I gave it a lot of thought, but I think the 9600k will be more than enough for me right now. Watched some comparison videos, especially regarding gaming, and the 8700k does only perform a little bit better when playing in 4k. As far as I'm doing daily stuff and sometimes some Lightroom/Photoshop, the 9600k will already be "overkill".

I used ez flash used 0702 bios file from website download it and loaded using usb.......

It's showing that it changed version but did it really change ?
Or do I have to do this entire process that you shown now

Wow. Glad that worked and if it didn’t give you error when loading then that’s the right BIOS.

So it’s something else. By the way, you did format the drive APFS like I showed earlier right?

I added sensors to VirtualSMC and the code was merged. You will need to build it yourself, easiest way is using Hackitools.

My fans work perfect.

I noticed in the last EFI you switch back from virtualSMC to fakeSMC. In the previous version you used virtualSMC and I had no sensor for temperature, now with fakesmc and all the others FakeSMC_XXXXsensors I see everything except Fans. As you are now using virtualSMC do you have any link that explain how to add sensors to it? You mentioned hackintool...but...how? eheh

Thanks

I noticed in the last EFI you switch back from virtualSMC to fakeSMC. In the previous version you used virtualSMC and I had no sensor for temperature, now with fakesmc and all the others FakeSMC_XXXXsensors I see everything except Fans. As you are now using virtualSMC do you have any link that explain how to add sensors to it? You mentioned hackintool...but...how? eheh

Thanks

I added all the sensors to VirtualSMC BUT I wanted to add individual core frequencies and I was told to buzz off. They got angry because they don't want to use undefined keys that may cause issues in the future. I understand their viewpoint but I also believe it isn't a problem until it is, if you know what I mean.

I am going to revert back to FakeSMC as soon as I can add the sensors I need but their code is different and I am not a programmer.

Try this version of VirtualSMC that I compiled for you. It has all the sensors which you were probably not able to access from the release version. It should have what you need.

Attachments

• VirtualSMC.zip
    148.2 KB · Views: 76
I gave it a lot of thought, but I think the 9600k will be more than enough for me right now. Watched some comparison videos, especially regarding gaming, and the 8700k does only perform a little bit better when playing in 4k. As far as I'm doing daily stuff and sometimes some Lightroom/Photoshop, the 9600k will already be "overkill".

I wasn't saying it was a bad choice, just pointing out alternatives :)

I wasn't saying it was a bad choice, just pointing out alternatives :)

I know, you just reminded me about what a beast the i7-8700K is ;), and I had to justify it for myself :D in case the i9-9600K shouldn’t be sufficient. I will definitely get the i7-8700K! But, until then, I’m able to save about 130 Euro when "only" choosing the i9-9600K.

I don’t get it. I have an ASUS Z390-F up and running. The only difference to the Z390-E should be my missing WiFi and BT. Right now I’m running an i3 8100, everything went smooth, I just followed ModMikes guide. I also have an HD7950 DGPU installed. I just switched to SMBIOS 19,1 instead of 18,3 and also installed 10.14.5 Public Beta 2, because I will get a Sapphire Vega 64 the day after tomorrow (and also an i5 9600k) and it is supposed to work perfectly in 10.14.5. Will report then ;)

which bios version did you use?

Back