Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Can I use i3 8100 for this build?

My Build
Asus Rog Strix Z390-E
i3 8100
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4
Kingston 240 GB 2.5' SSD

Can I use 2.5' SSD or M.2 is necessary Thank you

Did you resolve?
yes, just used a new USB stick and a new profile on my MacBook and I was sorted. Just installed, very easy process. I have got my WiFi working perfectly, but cannot get Bluetooth to find any devices. Is there a fix for this? I'm using the Dell DW1560

just been looking through the clover/kexts/other, and the only brcm file I have in there is brcmbluetoothinjector.kext. I can't the the 2 other brcmXXXX.kexts you were talking about

Last edited:
Did mine today. I've been using it for 10+ hours and everything is rock solid!

i7-9700K
Sapphire RX580
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

Just a small note: I bought a DW1560 from some random Chinese seller online, and it still worked out of the box. This is not an endorsement though. YMMV. I probably got lucky with the clone I got. You're still probably safer ordering one directly from Dell.

This is my first Hackintosh and it went smoother than expected. I was worried because I had a different processor but it didn't matter! Thanks for the awesome guide @ModMike and thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! I learned a lot.

i7-9700K
Sapphire RX580

Just a small note: I bought a DW1560 from some random Chinese seller online and it still worked out of the box. This is not an endorsement though. YMMV. I probably got lucky with the clone I got. You're still probably safer ordering one directly from Dell.

This is my first Hackintosh and it went smoother than expected. I was worried because I had a different processor but it didn't matter! Thanks for the awesome guide @ModMike and thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! I learned a lot.

Nice one!
Do the originals only come directly through Dell? I ordered a DW1560 on Amazon, and it said the seller was Dell. So I'm assuming its the right one.

Hi @ModMike , I disable "IGPU Multi-Monitor" in BIOS, firstly I try the EFI file you updated on 6 APR in post 1, it fails, still go to rebooting cycle; then I change to use EFI you attached in post #1159, nothing change, still rebooting cycle.

You should be using DGPU with an RX-580. I haven't been able to solve the IGPU issue yet.

i7-9700K
Sapphire RX580

Just a small note: I bought a DW1560 from some random Chinese seller online, and it still worked out of the box. This is not an endorsement though. YMMV. I probably got lucky with the clone I got. You're still probably safer ordering one directly from Dell.

Awesome news, thanks for checking in!

Nice one!
Do the originals only come directly through Dell? I ordered a DW1560 on Amazon, and it said the seller was Dell. So I'm assuming its the right one.

Yes, should be ok.
My Build
Asus Rog Strix Z390-E
i3 8100
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4
Kingston 240 GB 2.5' SSD

Can I use 2.5' SSD or M.2 is necessary Thank you

Yes but it will be slow.

yes, just used a new USB stick and a new profile on my MacBook and I was sorted. Just installed, very easy process. I have got my WiFi working perfectly, but cannot get Bluetooth to find any devices. Is there a fix for this? I'm using the Dell DW1560

just been looking through the clover/kexts/other, and the only brcm file I have in there is brcmbluetoothinjector.kext. I can't the the 2 other brcmXXXX.kexts you were talking about

I knew attaching that file would confuse people! The other 2 are already in the EFI. Please follow the wifi trouble shooting spoiler in the guide. Its at the end of the installation instructions.

If you have WiFi and see Bluetooth, you will be able to fix it no problem.

Back